• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetups: 2/18 at Gaf Bar, 2/13 at Third & Long

(._.)

Banned
Everyone was super cool. NYC-GAF representing in style. Everyone kept the alcohol flowing and I never had the chance to go buy my own drinks after the night began. A secret junior even hooked me up with some pizza?! Much love to everyone, treating me so damn well.

I rear naked choked PXG three times, halfway judo tossed jon bones, and tackled jason in the street (busting my lip when he crashed into me on the ground), which very nearly got me arrested by the NYPD. This is how I joke around, sorry guys, hope you're all undamaged :lol

you seem very violent

-PXG-

you seem very violent

At one point, I thought he was actually gonna make me pass out. No one has every been able to do that to me. It was all in good fun. No harm done.

EDIT

Seriously. Evilore is chill as hell IRL. I can't believe the man flew all the way out here, with a fever and a kidney stone. Fuckin boss. Setting the standards for the rest of us. Glad I finally got the meet him.

I said shit to him that would get me banned for multiple life times on here lol

jon bones, where are you at man. Let us know that you're alive. You've already died once for our sins. Can't be dying again man. You might be Jesus, but you're not Goku.

He posted his sacrifice for us on the last page, all is well.

Seriously. Evilore is chill as hell IRL. I can't believe the man flew all the way out here, with a fever and a kidney stone. Fuckin boss. Setting the standards for the rest of us. Glad I finally got the meet him.

Seriously seriously. You wouldn't have known his insides were waging a full-scale rebellion and lord knows he didn't take it easy, haha. That was above and beyond. I get a scratchy throat and I'm inside for three days.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
At one point, I thought he was actually gonna make me pass out. No one has every been able to do that to me. It was all in good fun. No harm done.

EDIT

I said shit to him that would get me banned for multiple life times on here lol
Lol what did you say?

I tripped evilore. Kicked a foot into another. I thought it was hilarious!

-PXG-

Lol what did you say?

I tripped evilore. Kicked a foot into another. I thought it was hilarious!

Just general shit talking that would be an instant ban. But hey, of course in real life, you can tell people are joking around and don't mean any hard feelings. Plus booze.

And remember, the man choked me, multiple times.

Tashi

Just general shit talking that would be an instant ban. But hey, of course in real life, you can tell people are joking around and don't mean any hard feelings. Plus booze.

Lol you guys were on the floor multiple times.

Jhoan

He's pretty strong to take a man of your girth down. That reverse headlock drop cause a bit of a commotion.

But I can attest to the fact that EvilLore is one of the most humblest people I've ever met. Just by seeing him goof off in the Earth Camera when he was last at Times Square at 5AM, I could tell he was pretty funny and was doing it for GAF. He's not all serious like he some times is here on GAF but that's because he has to be tough on people. He's a lot like Curt Schilling in that he cares about his stuff and he's willing to speak to people directly.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

UG2qw.jpg

:D

-PXG-

He's pretty strong to take a man of your girth down. That reverse headlock drop cause a bit of a commotion.

But I can attest to the fact that EvilLore is one of the most humblest people I've ever met. Just by seeing him goof off in the Earth Camera when he was last at Times Square at 5AM, I could tell he was pretty funny and was doing it for GAF. He's not all serious like he some times is here on GAF but that's because he has to be tough on people. He's a lot like Curt Schilling in that he cares about his stuff and he's willing to speak to people directly.

I wasn't really prepared. I didn't think such a thin man could have that much strength. If only the liquor hadn't gotten to me. Next time, I won't make it so easy. Might have to break a rib ;)

Seriously, at one point the sidewalk looked like it had PS1 era textures. Shit was all blurry and low res.

Watch LA GAF put a fucking Dodgers logo on that hat. Thought of that makes me want to puke.

Jhoan

I wasn't really prepared. I didn't think such a thin man could have that much strength. If only the liquor hadn't gotten to me. Next time, I won't make it so easy. Might have to break a rib ;)

Seriously, at one point the sidewalk looked like it had PS1 era textures. Shit was all blurry and low res.

Watch LA GAF put a fucking Dodgers logo on that hat. Thought of that makes me want to puke.

He's been through the Grand Canyon, he's survived crazy injuries that might have life threatening if he didn't have a portable first aid kit, and now he gets to add taking you down to his resumé. It's like taking down Chris Christie. That's quite a feat. If someone would have recorded it and edited it, I would have loved to have had the Shadow of the Colossus song playing in the background. I remember, I was cockeyed at some point and seeing two Jasons.

Again, you're killing me with the laughter. It's either that, or they're going to slap either an Angles or a Padres hat on him.

-PXG-

He's been through the Grand Canyon, he's survived crazy injuries that might have life threatening if he didn't have a portable first aid kit, and now he gets to add taking you down to his resumé. It's like taking down Chris Christie. That's quite a feat. If someone would have recorded it and edited it, I would have loved to have had the Shadow of the Colossus song playing in the background. I remember, I was cockeyed at some point and seeing two Jasons.

Again, you're killing me with the laughter. It's either that, or they're going to slap either an Angles or a Padres hat on him.
Uhhh...Chris Christie is morbidly obese.

Jhoan

Uhhh...Chris Christie is morbidly obese.

That's what I'm getting at. Nah, I'm pulling your leg. :p

To answer part of Devolution's question, EvilLore's the white dude, everyone else are Gaffers. There's not much more to it than that. Well I'm just kidding. I'll see if I identify all the Gaffers in my album later; I feel lazy right now to do it, so I'll identify a few of them:

The bearded dude with the glasses is jon effin' bones, the darkest dude to the right of EvilLore with glasses in one of the pics is captmcblack, The Last Wizard's the dude shooting some balls in several of the pics at Latitude, the preppy Asian dude with the gray is Jason, and I'm the dude with the cream colored jacket/shirt with skulls that appears in a few pictures.

if i may request you take them down from youtube. no one needs their drunken antics available for the entire internet to see down the road.

that's me off to the side in the red patterned shirt. damn, i look great.

and that's me he's standing in front of in the blue shirt. damn, i look great bald.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The biggest laugh I had all night was when the one dude came into the bar and approached Joe Shlabotnik and I and was complaining on how he registered 5 times and not one of his accounts got approved. We told him to go talk to Evilore and the dude went right up to him and had him for a good 10 minutes. I don't remember his name but he was cool as fuck lol.

Wish I didn't have to leave, sounds like you guys had a terrific time after.

The biggest laugh I had all night was when the one dude came into the bar and approached Joe Shlabotnik and I and was complaining on how he registered 5 times and not one of his accounts got approved. We told him to go talk to Evilore and the dude went right up to him and had him for a good 10 minutes. I don't remember his name but he was cool as fuck lol.

Wish I didn't have to leave, sounds like you guys had a terrific time after.

Lol yea. Weird to see a lurker drop by who can't even post and let people know who he is.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I really want to meet evilore and nyc-gaf, living 10000 miles away makes it hard :(

EAST COAST TWO YOU

???????

Oh nooo I remember now. I was doing East Coast, they were doing Marvel Vs Capcom.

I thought you were putting n for neo and g for gaf, so I tried a m for meet and u for up. I was already tipsy by that time I guess though. Jipan was wasted though he was stumbling in the street when we were looking for the cam lol.

Beer picnic at central park lets do eeet!

I'm mad I missed the weird lurker. Oh and the guy who skipped out on the meetup needs to update us and let us k ow if if was worth it.

-PXG-

Even though a lot of people showed up, I felt there should have been WAY more. Well, at least now they know what they're missing. Still, you really had to be there. We had a grand ole time.

Remember, we're getting things in the works for March 31st before and after Nero's concert.

Tashi

if i may request you take them down from youtube. no one needs their drunken antics available for the entire internet to see down the road.

that's me off to the side in the red patterned shirt. damn, i look great.
Tell you what, I'll take em down tomorrow. Also, theyre unlisted. Only those with the link can see the videos.

-PXG-

I'm going to PAX East. Definitely will be there for the 7th and 8th. Might be there for the 6th too.

PM me if you want to coordinate with each other help book hotel rooms. 3 day passes are sold out, but you can still get a pass for each day separately

Pollux

I'm going to PAX East. Definitely will be there for the 7th and 8th. Might be there for the 6th too.

PM me if you want to coordinate with each other help book hotel rooms. 3 day passes are sold out, but you can still get a pass for each day separately

I live in Boston so any day people want to get together is good for me. But I'll def. be going to PAX on the 7th. Will most likely be wearing a GAF shirt just in case I run into random GAFers.

I'll shoot you a PM closer to PAX and we can potentially get a PAX meet up thread going sometime in March.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Even though a lot of people showed up, I felt there should have been WAY more. Well, at least now they know what they're missing. Still, you really had to be there. We had a grand ole time.

Remember, we're getting things in the works for March 31st before and after Nero's concert.

Yeah the list in the thread was like thirty people.

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't make it. I was on call this weekend with my job, and I did not feel like lugging a pager and laptop to the city.

So how was the gaf bar? Was it able to hold all of you??

jasonng

It may just very well be the go to meet up spot. I told the bartender about us and they're cool with it because they don't really get hit until 11pm. Who knows, maybe if we go there often enough we can get the logo in there somewhere.

Jhoan

A couple of people that I volunteered with at NY Comic Con are going to go volunteer there too. I'll be passing on it though as nice cool as it would be to go. 35 bucks for a day is not too bad I suppose. I wonder how much a round trip ticket would cost. I'll think about that one, but as of right now, I'm not planning on going.

I saw who Nero was because I never heard of them and saw a music video that had a Streets of Rage game playing. It sounds good I suppose. While I wouldn't be down to go to the concert, I'd be down to go the meet up afterwards.

I wonder what happened to El_Sloth that he hasn't posted in here. I hope he didn't get a huge hangover or anything of the sort.

It may just very well be the go to meet up spot. I told the bartender about us and they're cool with it because they don't really get hit until 11pm. Who knows, maybe if we go there often enough we can get the logo in there somewhere.

O god that would be too cool.

El Sloth

Banned
I hope all videos of me acting a fool that night are burned and never spoken of again.

Seriously though Saturday was a ton of fun. We should do it again sometime. Surprised that no one has pointed out yet that the group was almost twice the size of the group in the Earthcam pics.
El Sloth:

http://i.imgur.com/oRZsr.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, nah I've just been away from all sorts of electronics since Saturday night. I was fine by the end of the night.

I hope all videos of me acting a fool that night are burned and never spoken of again.

Surprised that no one has pointed out yet that the group was almost twice the size of the group in the Earthcam pics.

Hahaha, nah I've just been away from all sorts of electronics since Saturday night. I was fine by the end of the night.

How many ended up showing?

El Sloth

Banned
How many ended up showing?
We didn't do a headcount, but if I had to take a wild a guess I'd say somewhere between 23-27 heads at one point in the GAF bar. It could just be the alcohol tinted memories inflating the numbers, but I just remember this huge group swarming out of that tiny bar when we wanted to move on.

El Sloth

Banned
Ah, before I forget someone had brought up making the next meetup one of those Barcraft events for that nerdy³ experience.

Google tells me that this is the groups Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/309464445772416/

ONOG NYC Barcraft will be streaming the MLG Winter Arena Feb. 24th, 25th and 26th. The ONOG barcraft will be hosted at Legends Sports Bar at 6 West 33rd St
6 West 33rd St. New York, NY 10001 (212) 967-7792​

What do you guys think?

Edit: Oh snap, it's this weekend

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I was planning an elaborate Bollywood dance routine at the Times Square webcam and everything, but I was pretty wasted when we got there and everyone began walking off so I failed at coordinating it ;b

jasonng

Ah, before I forget someone had brought up making the next meetup one of those Barcraft events for that nerdy³ experience.

Google tells me that this is the groups Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/309464445772416/

ONOG NYC Barcraft will be streaming the MLG Winter Arena Feb. 24th, 25th and 26th. The ONOG barcraft will be hosted at Legends Sports Bar at 6 West 33rd St
6 West 33rd St. New York, NY 10001 (212) 967-7792​

What do you guys think?

Edit: Oh snap, it's this weekend

Ah! That was me, I was going to mention it later this week. It wasn't going to be a meet up per say because I'm going to be there no matter what. It's funny because it's a classy irish pub with great ambiance that has HDTVs everywhere and they're going to be showing Starcraft matches through the weekend. I ended up drinking with a few of the coordinators there and had a blast the two times I was there.

Best part is that the guys who go to these barcraft events are terrible tippers so I got treated like royalty by the bartenders. I got free drinks and even a car bomb once. The event lasts all weekend but I'm probably going to be there on Sunday for the finals.

Top Bottom