• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Another idiot getting triggered by Pewdiepie.

Oh noes, people can't ever dress in black again and hold a firearm. :rolleyes:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pe...read-threadmarks.105466/page-42#post-18893547

gmuyTkK.png

Nice lack of trigger awareness child.

"You'll shoot your eye out kid."

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm somewhat shocked at how few bans that thread generated so far. Expected at least one every 5 posts.
I expect the current conversation among mods/staffers is how to balance the need for ad revenue (therefore, not chasing off too many people and making themselves look bad) while still maintaining control over the narrative. That's how you know they're narcissists: they aren't so zealous that they'll shut down wrongthink when it might make them look obviously bad. Their morals bend to fit the situation.

A week ago, a thread attempting to exonerate Trump would've resulted in the bans you were expecting. Now, they'd just look like fools.

Wait for a week. You'll see the "established narrative" emerge then.

It's not Era, but r/politics is being particularly exceptional right now over this.

They've come to the conclusion that Barr is somehow covering up for Drumpf's evil when he fucking quoted Mueller's conclusion that collusion and obstruction did not occur. Mueller made the conclusion, not Barr. Lot's of quoting of "legal experts" from random blogs talking about how obviously guilty Trump is.

Just more conspiracy theories piling on. It's Pizzagate all over again.

NickFire

It's not Era, but r/politics is being particularly exceptional right now over this.

They've come to the conclusion that Barr is somehow covering up for Drumpf's evil when he fucking quoted Mueller's conclusion that collusion and obstruction did not occur. Mueller made the conclusion, not Barr. Lot's of quoting of "legal experts" from random blogs talking about how obviously guilty Trump is.

Just more conspiracy theories piling on. It's Pizzagate all over again.
LOL. I was just browsing that shit hole of a reddit sub. You're spot on. They are all about this being a conspiracy against the Dems.

TrainedRage

Banned
Watching half of them just give up on the 2020 election. While the other half tries to rationalize that 2 years worth of 'we got him' is now over, and they lost.
Its so funny!

ReMemBr To gO oUt aNd Vote KidDs!!11!

As if they don't think anyone but democrats vote. :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_clapping::messenger_waving::messenger_clapping::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_ok:

Edit: and they banned any and all dissenting voices, so they have no one to blame or dog pile but themselves. Now watch as the snek eats its tail.

Last edited:
I saw someone mention ERA while reading the Final Fantasy 14 forums today.

The FF14 community has people whining about SE adding female Viera and male Ronso. They are upset at the "gender lock" for the bunny race and are calling the developers sexist. They are ignoring the fact that adding a new race to an MMO is a huge undertaking and we are getting two this upcoming expansion. Female Viera and male Ronso were the two most asked for.
For the record, most of the FFXIV community think the people losing their shit over 2 new races only being available as one gender are psychopaths. The official forums and Reddit sub are a dumpster fire of a tiny minority screaming about "sexism" and "homophobia" but they don't speak for our whole community.

For those who haven't tried it, FFXIV is secretly the best Final Fantasy game since X. Check it out sometime.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
For the record, most of the FFXIV community think the people losing their shit over 2 new races only being available as one gender are psychopaths. The official forums and Reddit sub are a dumpster fire of a tiny minority screaming about "sexism" and "homophobia" but they don't speak for our whole community.

For those who haven't tried it, FFXIV is secretly the best Final Fantasy game since X. Check it out sometime.

Yeah it seems like a small amount of people bitching really loudly. They’ll shut up in a few days. All the reactions I’ve seen ingame have been positive. I have seen a few upset about the lack of a new healer class though, which is a valid complaint.

Last edited:
So their Hail Mary now is Mueller testifying before Congress about a report that they were already told would be made public once related investigations were over.

They actually believe that Barr somehow hid findings of collusion or obstruction.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So their Hail Mary now is Mueller testifying before Congress about a report that they were already told would be made public once related investigations were over.

They actually believe that Barr somehow hid findings of collusion or obstruction.

Barr said he would release the report. I dont get why they think he would lie on the summary then turn around and release the full report that says something completely different right after. Especially since he could just not release the report at all if he wanted to.

I can’t follow their logic as usual.

Zhuge locked a thread because of Skill Up Games?

I remember talking to Zhuge now and again on Twitter and he seemed like a nice guy.

What is the general opinion of him here?

Last edited:

PSlayer

Yes this is something people need to remember. The Atlus thread asking if people would keep supporting their games after the catherine controversy is a good example of this. Less than 25% of the people in that thread was willing to boycott the game and if that is the result on ERA, it is easy to infer that in any other place the amount of people boycotting would even smaller.

It's only a very small but vocal group that gets outraged about this kind of stuff.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
You fucking IDIOTS!

If you come to my home or my country without asking me, then you ARE GOING TO LEAVE without me asking you, it is as simple as goes!

I am sure all of us close our door at night.

ilsayed

Banned

Seems closer to normalisation on that scale actually. Is opposing immigration normalizing hate? Yes.

That pyramid lol

What's wrong with it?

Lol I can do this too

original-3161993-1.jpg

Fucking sweets!

So this just happened and I am literally craving

Broccoli is now COOKIES.

rwNqqt7.gif

Last edited:

cormack12

wtf? Excusing sexual assault? That site in a nutshell. Escalate something to the extreme levels of extreme in a second with no context or brain engagement.

giphy.gif

V-J Day in Times Square (also V-Day and The Kiss)[1][2] is a photograph by Alfred Eisenstaedt that portrays a U.S. Navy sailor grabbing and kissing a stranger—a woman in a white dress—on Victory over Japan Day ("V-J Day") in New York City's Times Square on August 14, 1945.[3] The photograph was published a week later in Life magazine, among many photographs of celebrations around the United States that were presented in a twelve-page section titled "Victory Celebrations".[4] A two-page spread faces three other kissing poses among celebrators in Washington, D.C.; Kansas City; and Miami opposite Eisenstaedt's, which was given a full-page display.

220px-Legendary_kiss_V%E2%80%93J_day_in_Times_Square_Alfred_Eisenstaedt.jpg

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
whoa. i can force myself on my friends now? ...cool.

If she is ok with it then he didn’t force himself on her. I take it both the parties involved have a better understanding of their relationship then myself....a guy who just watched a short Twitter video.

ilsayed

Banned
If she is ok with it then he didn’t force himself on her.

what in the world are you talking about? if you grab someone's face while they're talking to you and kiss them, you're forcing yourself on them. not so sure you should go around doing that to your friends in hopes that they don't complain afterwards.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
what in the world are you talking about? if you grab someone's face while they're talking to you and kiss them, you're forcing yourself on them. not so sure you should go around doing that to your friends in hopes that they don't complain afterwards.
Report them to the Junior Anti Sex League.

Sorry. I can't be outrage on someones behalf when they aren't upset themselves.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

You conveniently left out the rest of my post when quoting. We don’t know the nature of their relationship. If she is not mad then there’s no reason for the rest of us to be mad.

ilsayed

Banned
Sorry. I can't be outrage on someones behalf when they aren't upset themselves.

You conveniently left out the rest of my post when quoting. We don’t know the nature of their relationship. If she is not mad then there’s no reason for the rest of us to be mad.

is "embarrassing" and "strange" good enough to excuse sexual assault by your standards?

also, we do actually know the nature of their relationship by his own statement: friends. do you grab your friends faces, kiss them and hope they don't make a big deal of it afterwards? i hope not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom