• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. i don't know where "embarrassing" and "weird" fall on your arbitrary "outrage" scale but you shouldn't go around kissing people because you feel like it. is that something you can agree on?
Should you? No.

However like I said I'm not gonna be outrage for her... when she's not.

dolabla

This is the first time I've ever done this, but I gotta agree with Ree. That is pretty gross. Dude had blood on his face.

ilsayed

Banned
Should you? No.

However like I said I'm not gonna be outrage for her... when she's not.

Well, hot damn. Musky agrees that sexual assault shouldn't occur. Baby steps, I guess. Maybe one day you'll get around to understanding that some women in similar situations wouldn't be allowed to express outrage even if they felt it (and, again, she said it was strange and embarrassing, so i don't really know what you're looking for) .

Well, hot damn. Musky agrees that sexual assault shouldn't occur. Baby steps, I guess. Maybe one day you'll get around to understanding that some women in similar situations wouldn't be allowed to express outrage even if they felt it (and, again, she said it was strange and embarrassing, so i don't really know what you're looking for) .
giphy.mp4

Has she cut ties with the dude? Likelihood is at worst he apologized and she said ok cool.

Again why should I fight a battle for someone who isn't looking for anyone to fight it.

Why do I, you, or anyone else "know best" about her situation.

Here's some advice for you sir or ma'am. When you want to support someone, you need to get behind them. Not in front of them. Not talking over them.

ilsayed

Banned
giphy.mp4

Has she cut ties with the dude? Likelihood is at worst he apologized and she said ok cool.

Again why should I fight a battle for someone who isn't looking for anyone to fight it.

Why do I, you, or anyone else "know best" about her situation.

Here's some advice for you sir or ma'am. When you want to support someone, you need to get behind them. Not in front of them. Not talking over them.

Whats the battle being fought here? That sexual assault is bad and people shouldn't do it? You already agreed to that.

Teletraan1

Boxer should be sent to a re-education camp. So should the woman he kissed for not being sufficiently outraged and internalized misogyny, and for providing a tweet that is so vague that she could be referring to the reaction being weird/embarrassing or the act itself. Hopefully the re-education camp has a tweet writing class.

Whats the battle being fought here? That sexual assault is bad and people shouldn't do it? You already agreed to that.
Just saying her outrage seems to be a 1 or 2 about best. So mines not gonna be a 10. Why should I care more about something involving her than she does.
Boxer should be sent to a re-education camp. So should the woman he kissed for not being sufficiently outraged and internalized misogyny, and for providing a tweet that is so vague that she could be referring to the reaction being weird/embarrassing or the act itself. Hopefully the re-education camp has a tweet writing class.
yeah lol

Last edited:

ilsayed

Banned
A new Restera thread about what are Trump's chances in 2020.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-trumps-chances-for-reelection.107715/#post-19237715

There are 195 countries in the world, isn't it amazing how only America gets called racist.

What happened to Mexico? India? China? South Africa?

Trump is going to be reelected because of racism? Seriously?

What do 194 other countries have to do with the racists in the United States and the election of the President of the United States? Would that post have been better if it said, "The world is racist, so really likely"?

JordanN

Banned
What do 194 other countries have to do with the racists in the United States and the election of the President of the United States?

Calling America racist is just the rally cry of morons who think life is strictly black and white (no pun intended).

"Why did Trump win?"
"Because America is racist, duh."

Like wtf does that even mean? 62 million people came out to vote because they wanted racism? They were running out of racism and Trump promised to give them more, like it's food?

And what does that say about the rest of the world? Everyone else picks their leaders because they're racist or not? Whatever happened to nuance?

Would that post have been better if it said, "The world is racist, so really likely"?
If he said that, I think he might have lost all meaning in life. He wants the narrative to always be about feelings rather than any hard facts.

Last edited:
What do 194 other countries have to do with the racists in the United States and the election of the President of the United States? Would that post have been better if it said, "The world is racist, so really likely"?
People should really ditch the narrative that Trump was elected because he is a racist. He was elected despite being a racist.
That's what you get with such a weird election system.

eot

Banned
Sorry Comrade, it looks like you already fucked up. You dared use gendered words like "men and women" when clearly the ultra progressives at Resetera want to eliminate gender all together.
Can you be transgender if there is no gender?

Fake

This 'brainchild' is a moron. He only lived to agree with John from DF. I a big fan of John works, but he is just make posts like 'he is right' or '100% agree'.
It was hard to see this guy having an honest opinion on any subject. He simply agreed to anything.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
would have figured a gender fluid flag to be a gradient with no clear delineation between colors but hey not much of that movement makes sense anyways so why not?

cryptoadam

Banned
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...ller-report-before-its-public-release.107788/

Oh boy, a thread for all the crazies. You just knew this was what they will latch onto. Yup Mueller's findings of collusion are being hidden by Barr. Now they have their lifeboat to hold onto that collusion will be redacted out of the report. Trump is really guilty its all a cover up.

After 2.5 years of being fed BS about collusion they want to do another 2 years of still believing those lies? Do they ever learn.

Teletraan1

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...ller-report-before-its-public-release.107788/

Oh boy, a thread for all the crazies. You just knew this was what they will latch onto. Yup Mueller's findings of collusion are being hidden by Barr. Now they have their lifeboat to hold onto that collusion will be redacted out of the report. Trump is really guilty its all a cover up.

After 2.5 years of being fed BS about collusion they want to do another 2 years of still believing those lies? Do they ever learn.

They couldn't admit they were wrong on something where the false narrative existed unopposed for a few hours in Covington. It cemented right away. This is years of picking through every little thing and seeing Russia everywhere. They will never cede on this. The are fully indoctrinated.

Falcs

Banned
Hi Gaf. So I've come back here from the other site. I'm sure most of you won't know who I am. I don't think I was ever really known much here. But I've been browsing and posting on Gaf for about a decade, since around 2008.

Now I have to confess, I was one of the users who left Gaf in Oct 2017. But wait, hear me out!
I came to the whole "party" a bit late and saw all the account suicides. I had no idea what was going on. It looked like Gaf had pretty much died, and so I decided to follow the crowd to the other place thinking "Damn.. oh well I guess if everyone is moving to here, then I should too."

Anyway, at first it seemed fine. I recognised quite a number of users that moved. Everyone seemed to be happy and getting along well. I figured, this is still Gaf, but just with a new name.
But as time went on I found myself engaging less and less. I used to spend hours and hours every week on Gaf, but at reset I found myself only occasionally browsing because over time I realised that I simply just don't enjoy browsing the forum. The people there suck! And all the threads have the same pattern:
- Someone makes a thread about some topic and shares their POV (usually outrage).
- Everyone agrees.
- One person ever so slightly displays some hint of disagreement, or makes a simple joke.
- They get bombarded with "You wanna die on this hill?" "So you condone X evil deed?" "X is not a laughing matter. You should be banned"
- Said person of course gets banned for simply having a different opinion.
- All the rest of the posters pat themselves on the back.

Does that sound like fun?? Hell no! And it's so damn toxic. I swear everyone there is just out looking for an excuse to be offended and outrage, and if you even sneeze something that sounds like "calm down" you get the boot.
I found myself usually disagreeing, at least to some extent, on most threads I opened up, but I never bothered posting because I knew it would probably get me banned.
So then I asked myself "What's the damn point of even being here?"

So earlier this year I decided to come back to Gaf because.. well, quite simply, I missed it. And shit this place is better! There's actual, civil discussions, with respectfully disagreeing parties. There's jokes! The mod's don't seem to be out looking for people to ban for no reason. Sure, it's much quieter here than it was 2 years ago, but I think it actually feels like the older days now, and much better than it was 2 years ago. I guess it's probably because all the #@$ts who were bringing their shitty toxic energy to Gaf up and left to form Era.

Last week I was reading through one of their threads, and I decided to post a few posts in disagreement just to test what would happen (I knew what would happen), and sure enough, I'm banned for a week or so.

So I'm done with that shitty place. I never should have left here. I should have come back much sooner. When my ban is lifted at Era (assuming they don't see this post), I'm just going to tell them they are all delusional and get myself a nice perm.

brap

Banned
Hi Gaf. So I've come back here from the other site. I'm sure most of you won't know who I am. I don't think I was ever really known much here. But I've been browsing and posting on Gaf for about a decade, since around 2008.

Now I have to confess, I was one of the users who left Gaf in Oct 2017. But wait, hear me out!
I came to the whole "party" a bit late and saw all the account suicides. I had no idea what was going on. It looked like Gaf had pretty much died, and so I decided to follow the crowd to the other place thinking "Damn.. oh well I guess if everyone is moving to here, then I should too."

Anyway, at first it seemed fine. I recognised quite a number of users that moved. Everyone seemed to be happy and getting along well. I figured, this is still Gaf, but just with a new name.
But as time went on I found myself engaging less and less. I used to spend hours and hours every week on Gaf, but at reset I found myself only occasionally browsing because over time I realised that I simply just don't enjoy browsing the forum. The people there suck! And all the threads have the same pattern:
- Someone makes a thread about some topic and shares their POV (usually outrage).
- Everyone agrees.
- One person ever so slightly displays some hint of disagreement, or makes a simple joke.
- They get bombarded with "You wanna die on this hill?" "So you condone X evil deed?" "X is not a laughing matter. You should be banned"

Does that sound like fun?? Hell no! And it's so damn toxic. I swear everyone there is just out looking for an excuse to be offended and outrage, and if you even sneeze something that sounds like "calm down" you get the boot.
I found myself usually disagreeing, at least to some extent, on most threads I opened up, but I never bothered posting because I knew it would probably get me banned.

So earlier this year I decided to come back to Gaf because.. well, quite simply, I missed it. And shit this place is better! There's actual, civil discussions, with respectfully disagreeing parties. There's jokes! The mod's don't seem to be out looking for people to ban for no reason. Sure, it's much quieter here than it was 2 years ago, but I think it actually feels like the older days now, and much better than it was 2 years ago. I guess it's probably because all the #@$ts who were bringing their shitty toxic energy to Gaf up and left to form Era.

Last week I was reading through one of their threads, and I decided to post a few posts in disagreement just to test what would happen (I knew what would happen), and sure enough, I'm banned for a week or so.

So I'm done with that shitty place. I never should have left here. I should have come back much sooner. When my ban is lifted at Era (assuming they don't see this post), I'm just going to tell them they are all delusional and get myself a nice perm.
I know other people who complained in here got a perm lol. Say goodbye to your resetera account :messenger_tongue:
And welcome back

CyberPanda

Banned

- Everyone agrees.

Welcome back!

Grinchy

Banned

- Everyone agrees.

You just added another notch to your history of infractions!

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member

- Everyone agrees.

Welcome back, ya (Aussie) cunt!

:messenger_winking:

Freeman76

Uh oh, looks like Crazy Bernie is trying to score some virtue signal points with the Reset crowd. :LOL:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/20...-as-running-mate.91234/page-351#post-19233580
Uf33kJP.png

Sorry Comrade, it looks like you already fucked up. You dared use gendered words like "men and women" when clearly the ultra progressives at Resetera want to eliminate gender all together.

Better luck next time. Or better yet, just stop the pandering.

2dppqQ8.jpg

Man its such bullshit, the future of the world as PC snowflakes is gonna be bleak. In 10 years time there could be people saying they believe they are a Dog and not a human, and we have to respect their rights as a Humanimal. Thinking you are another sex is a mental illness, there is no other way to view it. Sure there will be the outliers of the 0.01% who are born thinking that way, but for everyone else, it should NOT be promoted as being natural and should be treated as the person needs help.

- Everyone agrees.

welcome back and we should start selling tshirts....Take note Evilore :)

We may be a little slower but we are the better crazy

Barnabot

Actually Falcs Falcs . I don't think GAF is that much of slow in activity now that a lot of Era members are coming to GAF. If we cut [in ERA] that all the:

. "BIGOTRY ALERT",
. "let's have someone to get fired over twiiter"
. and the "Help me ERA to like game X"
. and the every other day: "Man I wish I could have a Switch Pro" thread

And all that skin color and gender obsession shit that the other forum has in both gaming and etcetera sections then I'd say we are doing just fine.

Actually Falcs Falcs . I don't think GAF is that much of slow in activity now that a lot of Era members are coming to GAF. If we cut [in ERA] that all the:

. "BIGOTRY ALERT",
. "let's have someone to get fired over twiiter"
. and the "Help me ERA to like game X"
. and the every other day: "Man I wish I could have a Switch Pro" thread

And all that skin color and gender obsession shit that the other forum has in both gaming and etcetera sections then I'd say we are doing just fine.

And we have less than 20 perma bans......era have had about 200 in the same time the ban list has been up

JordanN

Banned
Here's another race baiting post from the Trump 2020 thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-trumps-chances-for-reelection.107715/page-11
pJUVgip.png

Isn't it weird how they already came to the conclusion that Black people MUST vote against Trump, and they will do so in "huge numbers"?

Could you imagine if the races were reversed? Imagine that it's White people's duty to vote for Trump, and they will do so in huge numbers?

Once again, how is it SJW's are allowed to vote only based on skin color but other people can't (without being called racist/Nazi)?

But I wont play dumb. I'm already aware of the statistics out there that show Black people do vote against Trump and in large numbers. Whether it's because he's "racist" is yet to be seen.

MWUh6A8.png

HtbQNTK.png

Although, the idea that a large black turnout will somehow dethrone Trump is a very fictitious idea.
Black Americans only consist of 14% of the U.S population (vs 60% of U.S Whites), and that number is even smaller when only 80% of Americans are of voting age.

pYnq0bU.png

Last edited:

Mochilador

- Everyone agrees.

Welcome back to the family!

Fake

- Everyone agrees.

Welcome back. BTW you can just ask via email or tweet to shinobi/zhuge/nigel about a perma ban like I did.

cormack12

Welcome back! It's a bit 'slower' but actually picking up quite a bit recently. The main benefit is that you don't get threads littered with the same throwaway sentence for page after page after page. Chill and enjoy

- Everyone agrees.

Doing them the service of letting them perm you instead of just abandoning your account forever after a 1 week ban is giving them more than they deserve.

I closed all the tabs on my browsers and never looked back after my 1 week ban. I knew I wasn't going back there anyways so it would be justifying their existence to return just to cop a perm. Don't give them any respect. Leave and never return and don't even bother going for that last ban, it's giving them attention they crave and fuck that.

Xenon

The one thing I have to say about that other site. They throw the word fragile around quite a bit for a group that can't handle even the slightest disagreement and bans anyone who does it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

- Everyone agrees.

It’s understandable that you left under those circumstances, as it was quite a mess for a while, but the team and I have been working hard to bring sanity, civility, debate, and fun back to gaf ever since. Welcome back. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

JordanN

Banned
Reset nutter claims the left is tired of "educating" people and it's everyone else who pushes "pseudoscience".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/he...rmalizes-racism-bigotry.107871/#post-19267808
smWtGTf.png

First things first, be careful with how SJW's like to throw around "alt-right" and just "right". It's this type of language they use to confuse everyday people into thinking all conservatives are nazis, or all Trump voters are terrorists.

I am not alt-right, yet I make several arguments and case findings that put to rest the idea that only the left can be "intellectual".

Lumination tries to paint all people with opinions that go against communism/cultural marxism school of thought with a broad brush.

"Lol, you're against immigration. Clearly you're pseduoscience! All the experts agree immigration and diversity is perfect!"

But you don't need to be a professor of a prestigious university to find many facts online that counter the idea only SJW's have intellectual authority and it's everyone else is dumb.

I posted in the Christchurch thread about how Canada is having problems with all the diversity it's bringing in, and it can be directly tied to demographics.

52pik5a.png

Fc2e3Qq.png

All this information is easily available online, but SJW's are working overtime to make sure anyone caught dealing with this sort of knowledge is branded as "Nazi/pseduoscience".

Last edited:

farmerboy

The one thing I have to say about that other site. They throw the word fragile around quite a bit for a group that can't handle even the slightest disagreement and bans anyone who does it.

Was it you that just got banned today in the Jordan Peele thread?

JordanN

Banned
I'm too lazy to copy the entire thread. Just look at this shit.

64G3UEN.png

There's no self awareness. No self parody.

They literally believe Trump is Hitler. Oh, and Sean Hannity too.

Wtf are Democrats doing in America then? All this is bullshit about America being a white supremacist nation. What White Supremacist country allows millions of immigrants from around the globe?

DhivYV5.png

Edit: Oh, and those are just LEGAL migrants. Guess the number for illegals inside the United States.

3DGMuUC.png

But lets take Lumination's advice, All conservative facts are "pseudoscience". Only the SJW left knows what's best for you.

EJ2W76d.png

Last edited:

Xenon

Saw it unfold and thought it was poor form on Era's behalf, to say the least. Nothing wrong with what you said.

Yeah thanks. I knew I was going to get banned. I didn't make any hard comparison just a general statement. I guess they don't like people passing moral judgments others. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

cryptoadam

Banned
Alt-right became a term for anything you don't like.
Did you eat a cake and it wasn't good? That cake is alt-right.

I wish this was a joke but Milk became alt right and the OK/3 point hand sign became alt right.

Also forgot Pizza is alt right (Papa Johns) and Chicken too (chick-fil-a).

If Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro ate a piece of black forest cake it would become the cake of the alt right and neo nazi's and reeeee would be demanding all black forest cakes be pulled out of exsitance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom