• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ONE Championship - A NEW ERA - FOLAYANG VS AOKI (SUN 31St March) , TOKYO. - OT-MEGA event

JkLD6dP.jpg

ONE Championship ushers in a new era of martial arts in Japan with its inaugural show in Tokyo on 31 March.

With an astounding four World Championship bouts, ONE: A NEW ERA is without a doubt the biggest event in ONE Championship history. At the top of the card, ONE Lightweight World Champion Eduard Folayang will defend his belt in a rematch with Japanese martial arts icon Shinya Aoki.

In one of three co-main events, ONE Women’s Atomweight World Champion Angela Lee moves up in weight in a quest to become the first ever female two-division mixed martial arts World Champion. Standing in her way is Chinese powerhouse Xiong Jing Nan, ONE Women’s Strawweight World Champion.

In one of three co-main events, ONE Women’s Atomweight World Champion Angela Lee moves up in weight in a quest to become the first ever female two-division mixed martial arts World Champion. Standing in her way is Chinese powerhouse Xiong Jing Nan, ONE Women’s Strawweight World Champion.

In addition, two-division ONE World Champion Aung La N Sang will defend his middleweight strap against Japanese contender Ken Hasegawa in an epic rematch of their 2018 Bout of the Year, this time on the challenger’s home turf.

Lastly, ONE Bantamweight World Champion Kevin Belingon faces Bibiano Fernandes for the third time to decide once and for all who the best bantamweight on the planet really is.

ONE: A NEW ERA will also see the highly-anticipated debuts of mixed martial arts megastars Eddie Alvarez and Demetrious Johnson, who are competing in ONE’s Lightweight and Flyweight Grand Prix tournaments, respectively.

Capping off the stacked main card is a showdown between two kickboxing legends in Andy Souwer and Yodsanklai IWE Fairtex.

31 March promises to be the best showcase of world-class martial arts action Tokyo has ever seen in the modern era. Be a part of history and get your tickets now!

https://www.onefc.com/events/a-new-era/

Massive MMA Event in Japan. Working through but will catch later on their youtube channel or on their app live. So much talent fighting its ridiculous. Alvarez & mighty mouse in there as well.

If your not sure checkout their youtube channel, they actually post events, full fights and career highlights.

Last edited:
I think they'll post the full event on their YouTube channel. Not sure if they'll stream it there. Their app apparently will show their events free and no geo-blocking. I downloaded just in case its the only real option.

My first experience watching one of the live ones

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I just noticed andy souwer up there. Didn't even recognise his face. He got old :/

A lot of info about the event, their history, growth, business & aspirations.

The face-offs near the end. I'll be catching it on Sunday hopefully live or later on YouTube. They show all the channels showing it in different countries at the beginning.

So hyped for this, stacked to the rafters. No one is missing weight I think as they monitor the hydration levels and fighters are at their more natural weight. DJ is fighting at 135 and Eddie has a nasty opponent.

The stream will be on their YouTube channel, so if you miss it live just binge it. I might do that.

Edit: Forgot Aung La v Hasegawa

Last edited:

sharkie

Gonna carry on the angela lee LUVfest she is awesome,La Sang is a warrior, eddie and DJ debut's should be fun, deffo tunin in

Last edited:
Garry Tonon smashed some journeyman.

The guy dancing right now is about to lose.

No thanks, to the ring girls.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
This is one of those rare times where it’s good timing to watch a live event. Just two hours difference from Japan

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
hah i think they used all their energy in the first. hope for some fireworks in the third. ikeda is pretty slippery on the ground

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
kingad gets the decision. very entertaining fight. I thought kingad got it but expected ikeda to get the hometown decision

To each his own. The only Japanese plastic I’m into is a PlayStation.

it really has nothing to do with that. shes skilled so for a lot of people she is that much more attrative. shes not a particularly good looking person by any standards. i mean just call it like it is. what she does makes her more attractive to you

Bit of kickboxing to change things up, unlucky on the call for Souwer, get up quicker next time.

ONE Champ girls are super kawaii.

Eddie Alvarez fight about to start.

Event so good had to pull a sickie.

Eddie TKOd, Timofey with great power. Eddie gonna have to work harder for that 3rd world title.

Last edited:
Wow! I was just thinking why would someone like Eddie Alvarez who is so vocal against peds go to an organization that doesn’t really test?

sharkie

Great card so far just hope no stupid decsion gets made here, imo it wasnt that bad, bibiano seems like he is milkin it

Last edited:
Agreed, milk was consumed.

Thought it was a no contest, so no title exchange. A red card disqualified Fernandes and they announced bibi as the new champ. Bit confusing. Was shaping up to be a banger.

Aung v Hasegawa was crazy last time.

What a knockout. Ken was getting some better contact that round, but that straight was too much.

Angela next.

The heavyweight champ is gonna fight Aung La for the LHW title. Nice announcement.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
does aung la train at the same place as usman?

edit: yes he does

Last edited:
Main (feels ridiculous typing that) fight now

FOLAYANG v AOKI

Rooting for FOLAYANG, but Japanese Askren is submission master. Last one ended with that crazy knee. IT'S TIME.

If ONE can trade this announcer for Bruce Buffer, that would be awesome. :D

Top Bottom