• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ottawa GAF [OT] - Thread of Lurkers, Beavertails, Government Workers. Carleton sux

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Anyone follow sports radio here?

TEAM 1200 was just changed to TSN 1200.

Programming is pretty much the same except they replaced Jim Rome with local stuff.

TheExodu5

Banned
If people are cool with Pub Italia I wouldn't mind checking it out. Otherwise, any place is fine with me to be honest.

I can provide transportation from Billings.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hey otts.

I need a good place for a date, was tyinking about taking her to a place on preston then to absolute comedy after.

Would you guys throw your panties away after a night like that?

Any suggestions pwease.

TheExodu5

Banned
Hey otts.

I need a good place for a date, was tyinking about taking her to a place on preston then to absolute comedy after.

Would you guys throw your panties away after a night like that?

Any suggestions pwease.

If it's still warm out, maybe some gelato or if not go to a coffee house? Unless you wanted to do dinner...Two Six Ate is a nice place.

Hmmmm I might go visit that taco place sometime in the near future.

Also, They've put up some new renders of the renovated Rideau Centre today:

http://www.rideaucentre.com/en/Redevelopment/Pages/default.aspx

BVDKbmHCMAA5NAQ.jpg:large

BVDKTskIUAAwugL.jpg:large
Finally it is better then having condominiums everywhere
Visiting here and man is Ottawa Condominium crazy.... As much as Toronto

TheExodu5

Banned
Exodus, me, Stump (and maybe his lady,) equippedwithtowel, matthewwhatever

Anyone else I'm missing? Maybe random lurkers? I checked with chairmanyang, but he can't make it.

Black1ce will be making it (he's my roommate, and a mostly lurker GAFer). His GF may or may not be tagging along.

astonish

I didn't think I was going to make it because of previous engagements, but I'm at least going to stop by. Not sure how long I'll stay

isny

napkin dispenser
Had a great time tonight! Next time I'll be sure to not work the next day, lol

Thanks to everyone who came out! It was great to see so many new people!

TheExodu5

Banned
Thanks for coming out guys! Nice meeting you all.

Sorry about the location choice, Matt...should have considered vegan options. I'm definitely up for trying Ceylonta at some point.

TheExodu5

Banned
Taking a course in Gatineau this week...man, fuck Saint-Raymond and fuck the 5. That has to be one of the worst designed road systems I've ever seen in my life.

LNBL

Ahhh the memories of Ottawa :'(

Was there for my study abroad last year, best 6 months of my life.

No_Style

Any TekSavvy/Rogers users experiencing net issues? A couple of co-workers from the Barrhaven area are still without internet for the past 2 days.

I live in the same area but I seemed to have been spared.

Jeff-DSA

I'm handling PPC and social media marketing for a company that has about 1,600 Canadian employees, most of them in Ottawa. I'm hoping I can go up an visit at some point. Friendly folks that I've dealt with all around, and some of my co-workers just came back and had a good time.

Jeff-DSA

It's not a party city by any means, but there's a lot of nice cultural stuff and I think in general people would find it friendly. Try to visit in the summer, though, it is bone-chillingly cold in the winter to the degree that it's difficult to see any sights or get anything done.

I'm married and have two kids. My partying days are over (or with a BYU avatar they were only mild at best), so I'm more about the sights and culture anyway. Ciena is the company I'm doing work for, by the way. The love Ottawa something fierce, I'll tell you.

Taking a course in Gatineau this week...man, fuck Saint-Raymond and fuck the 5. That has to be one of the worst designed road systems I've ever seen in my life.

I feel your pain.

I commute on that every day.

The five treats the concept of a schedule the way Rogers treats acceptable standards of service.

GSG Flash

So I went to downtown Ottawa last Sunday, to hang out and explore, and I have to say, our downtown is pretty underrated, even by our own residents.

That said, they really need to do something about Sparks street, that place is deader than a cemetery :/

It has so much potential too.

So we finally have an H&M.

About fucking time, good selection too.

Finally!

Slowly the big stores are coming to Ottawa.

GSG Flash

There have been some pretty kickin' events there. Ribfest this summer was really really crowded... not sure about fall ribfest though... and there have been some pop-up concerts that have drawn people. The installation of the 3 Brewers restaurant on... uh... is in Sparks and O'Connor? has brought more people around. Most of the street is pretty dead on a daily basis though. The continually high level of construction doesn't help matters.

That's true, there are some nice events on Sparks once in a while, but they're too few and far between. Taking Sunday as an example, it was a beautiful weekend and the market was hustlin' and bustlin' with barely any room to walk(which is how it should be), but you could have run around naked on Sparks and no one would have noticed(because no one's there). Doesn't help that like 90% of the stores/restaurants there have closed up shop.

We need a good big box store there(maybe Best Buy or a Futureshop? A Target or a theater wouldn't hurt either) and more quality restaurants. I mean it's not that far of a walk to and from the market.

astonish

There used to be a big Zellers on Sparks that closed.

Sparks used to be one of the most happening streets in Ottawa then the NCC (I believe) decided it would be more happening without cars and like everything the NCC touches it died a slow lonely death.

I don't know how much the ownership matters -- if the building's owners want to convert the theatre space into office space, there's only so much the theatre owners can do. But yeah, hopefully it doesn't close too.

Top Bottom