• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ottawa GAF [OT] - Thread of Lurkers, Beavertails, Government Workers. Carleton sux

Cake Boss

Banned
You fuckers need to google El Camino, put it on your GPS nav system on your little hybrids and get your scrawny little asses there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've been there maybe 10 times since it opened, hahaha. It's probably the buzziest, most talked about restaurant in the city right now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Y'all want to meet up around the third week of June? 20th or so? House of Targ would be appropriately nerd-friendly, but for a more civilized destination, maybe El Camino as mentioned? El Camino works too because there are lots of post-restaurant bars around, like Lieutenant's Pump or the Manx.

Let me know (I'm moving to another country in August)

The 20th is a Friday -- do you mean the 21st? I'm in for either day. Work is crazy for me over the next month, but that's one of the only weekends that'll be work-free for me. And El Camino sounds cool.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It looks like the city really took Carling as being one of the worst roads in Ontario to heart, there's so much road work going on there.

Silexx

Hey, I might actually be able to attend one these for once!

For the date, I think July 5th would work best for me. I'm not picky about location but options B, C and D are appealing.

astonish

I'd say Works/Supply demand are my top, but only because they are easier travel for me. I do want to check out house of TARG, but I might spend more time playing pinball than socializing...

El Camino is the bottom of my list only because it looks so damn good and I don't think I can eat most of the menu (gluten).

All those preferences being stated I'm fine with any of the options and either of the dates.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, so, I've heard back from Silexx, equippedwithtower, Astonish, TheQueen'sOwn, matthewwhatever, Essay, TheExodu5, and Chairman Yang. And obviously me as well.

The bummer is that we have 3 people who have explicitly said the 5th only and 2 people who have explicitly said the 12th only, so no matter what we pick, we're going to end up missing some people. As a simple numbers game, I think that makes it the 5th

Of those people who can make it the 5th, the votes for location are:
- House of Targ, The Loft, or the Works
- Anything
- Anything
- The Works (possible House of Targ backup)
- El Camino or House of Targ

Again, there doesn't seem to be a consensus so I'm going to just go with House of Targ both because it appears to be the winner and because I haven't been there so from my perspective, it's a good opportunity. Essay, if you end up finding out that House of Targ doesn't have any food without potato, try and confirm with them whether you can bring your own food--if so, maybe you could pick up some food on the way? Not trying to exclude everyone, but as a group we have very diverse dietary restrictions so it's difficult to get a consensus!

So it's going to be the 5th at House of Targ. They're open from 5PM to 2AM, so let's lock in for maybe 7:00-7:30 PM or so? If you need a ride, please PM me or reply in here and we'll sort something out.

TheExodu5

Banned
Okay, so, I've heard back from Silexx, equippedwithtower, Astonish, TheQueen'sOwn, matthewwhatever, Essay, TheExodu5, and Chairman Yang. And obviously me as well.

The bummer is that we have 3 people who have explicitly said the 5th only and 2 people who have explicitly said the 12th only, so no matter what we pick, we're going to end up missing some people. As a simple numbers game, I think that makes it the 5th

- Anything
- Anything

Again, there doesn't seem to be a consensus so I'm going to just go with House of Targ both because it appears to be the winner and because I haven't been there so from my perspective, it's a good opportunity. Essay, if you end up finding out that House of Targ doesn't have any food without potato, try and confirm with them whether you can bring your own food--if so, maybe you could pick up some food on the way? Not trying to exclude everyone, but as a group we have very diverse dietary restrictions so it's difficult to get a consensus!

So it's going to be the 5th at House of Targ. They're open from 5PM to 2AM, so let's lock in for maybe 7:00-7:30 PM or so? If you need a ride, please PM me or reply in here and we'll sort something out.

I'm in.

Not sure if my partner will be joining me or not yet. I'll let you know.

jred2k

I don't live in Ottawa, but I'll be in the city for the weekend visiting a friend. He has to work Monday so I don't know if we'll be doing anything Sunday night. As long as I don't get sidetracked doing something else, would it be cool if I came to the meetup? I could let everyone know if I can attend by Saturday afternoon or so.

iddqd

People of Ottawa!
Anyone here working in the animation business?
I have an interview tomorrow and would commute to Ottawa every day if that works out.

I heard the busses are terrible. Are they terrible?

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
People of Ottawa!
Anyone here working in the animation business?
I have an interview tomorrow and would commute to Ottawa every day if that works out.

I heard the busses are terrible. Are they terrible?

With Mercury Filmworks?

Also, since I won't be seeing any of you fine folks on Saturday night, I encourage you all to check out the Brewery Market in the afternoon at Hintonburg Park!

Essay

Essay, if you end up finding out that House of Targ doesn't have any food without potato, try and confirm with them whether you can bring your own food--if so, maybe you could pick up some food on the way?

I've sent them a message asking about it through their website (seeing as how the phone number that Google brings up is disconnected). Worst-case scenario I eat beforehand and possibly arrive slightly late.

Meanwhile, back into my hole, preparing to compete at the Evo Championship Series next week!

iddqd

With Mercury Filmworks?

Also, since I won't be seeing any of you fine folks on Saturday night, I encourage you all to check out the Brewery Market in the afternoon at Hintonburg Park!

INDEED!
are you working there? Or just saw the floodgate of "wanted" postings?

Silexx

- Anything
- Anything

Ok, I'm good to go. That said, depending on how late we go, I may need a ride back to Orléans, if that's possible.

isny

napkin dispenser
I love how no one has missed me or noticed that I've been gone, lol

Hope you guys have fun at your meetup!

isny

napkin dispenser
You're on the wrong side of the dateline right now, meetup is tomorrow Ottawa time :p
Hope your cruising is going well.

As well as can be expected yeah. Enjoying the travel, but not sure if I'll make the full six months. Way too homesick. Looking forward to getting back to Ottawa and its boringness.

Silexx

Well gents, it was a pleasure to me all who came out tonight. Sorry I had to leave early, but I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the night.

Had an interesting bus ride home, it consisted of 5 drunk girls belting out all the french songs they could come up with the entire ride.

krae_man

Sad I missed this. I would have come up to say goodbye to Stumpy. But I ended up doing a TO GAF meetup the same weekend so I might have Overdosed on Meetups.

Top Bottom