• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PhillyGAF |OT|

The Llama

I work right at the base of the parkway and walk up it on my way home from work anyway, so I'm definitely going to stop by. I know it'll be ridiculously overpriced, but if it exists, I totally want an NFL Draft Philadelphia 2017 hat.

If I don't meet up with some of you bastards at the Draft we fucked up

Walrus has already promised to dunk me like a basketball into the Super Bowl trophy

You guys get hit with worse traffic than usual? I've had basically none whatsoever. Yesterday was slightly slower but no worse than most rainy days. I can't comprehend why so many people have been whining about it. Only way I can see it is if you are used to taking the Parkway exit off the expressway and it's closed. But it's pretty simple to take vine or callowhill and shoot up broad, then over to girard or something.

Ryuukan

You guys get hit with worse traffic than usual? I've had basically none whatsoever. Yesterday was slightly slower but no worse than most rainy days. I can't comprehend why so many people have been whining about it. Only way I can see it is if you are used to taking the Parkway exit off the expressway and it's closed. But it's pretty simple to take vine or callowhill and shoot up broad, then over to girard or something.

its been a bit more than usual for the past 2 days but its tomorrow and friday that are going to be hell when the draft and the relays start

its been a bit more than usual for the past 2 days but its tomorrow and friday that are going to be hell when the draft and the relays start

I guess we'll see. I think it's going to be worse for people commuting into/out of the city than people living in the city. The thing that mystifies me are the local residents complaining about how much longer it's taking them.

The Llama

Any pictures of the stage and the art museum?

Here's a few random ones I took yesterday.

PM1bSZA.jpg

POLJv28.jpg

SJvku8Q.jpg

Didn't know PAX did anything around here that's pretty cool. Also I'm glad I made it over to the draft on Saturday. I imagine not at many people as Thursday or Friday but I got my fill of being in a sea of people in the city at the 08 Phillies parade. NBA should take notes.

Deku Tree

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/...-should-be-sold-in-pennsylvania-liquor-stores

"Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney says he knows how to make sure pot sold legally would benefit the city and Pennsylvania.

Speaking on WHYY's Radio Times, Mayor Jim Kenney said legal, recreational marijuana should sold in state-run liquor stores.

"To me we have the perfect system to set up the legal recreational use of cannabis through a controlled state store system allowing the state to capture all the income that is going to the underground," he said."

"Kenney says revenues from pot sales could be directed to public education."

Ryuukan

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/...-should-be-sold-in-pennsylvania-liquor-stores

"Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney says he knows how to make sure pot sold legally would benefit the city and Pennsylvania.

Speaking on WHYY's Radio Times, Mayor Jim Kenney said legal, recreational marijuana should sold in state-run liquor stores.

"To me we have the perfect system to set up the legal recreational use of cannabis through a controlled state store system allowing the state to capture all the income that is going to the underground," he said."

"Kenney says revenues from pot sales could be directed to public education."

my first reaction is lol @ getting state approval for this

but then again, the PA state government's greatest joy is reducing philly school district funding

Ron Mexico

Don't know if any of you guys were close, but did you see that accident in University City yesterday morning? Apparently, an Uber driver had a seizure behind the wheel with 2 passengers in the car and caused a huge wreck. We had no water in the building so were across the street, but that very spot is traditionally where my people go to smoke. Crazy.

vypek

Don't know if any of you guys were close, but did you see that accident in University City yesterday morning? Apparently, an Uber driver had a seizure behind the wheel with 2 passengers in the car and caused a huge wreck. We had no water in the building so were across the street, but that very spot is traditionally where my people go to smoke. Crazy.

Had no idea at all. I don't even recall seeing it on the news.

Aurizen

Almost certain to win now. Morale at the DA's office will be historically low tomorrow...

Apparently he won. Oh yeah you work in the DA office? No one is a fan of Larry? I think its interesting! I'm glad to see what changes he will actually bring. This is gonna be national.

The Llama

Apparently he won. Oh yeah you work in the DA office? No one is a fan of Larry? I think its interesting! I'm glad to see what changes he will actually bring. This is gonna be national.
Haha I work for the city but not at the DA's office. Just passing along what I've heard, but people there ain't gonna be happy.

Kisaya

Hi PhillyGAF! Arrived here yesterday and will be here until Tuesday afternoon. I have a pretty good itinerary but if there are any special public events that come to mind this weekend please feel free to share them with me! <3

Hi PhillyGAF! Arrived here yesterday and will be here until Tuesday afternoon. I have a pretty good itinerary but if there are any special public events that come to mind this weekend please feel free to share them with me! <3

There's actually not a ton going on in the city this weekend. What's your itinerary?

Kisaya

There's actually not a ton going on in the city this weekend. What's your itinerary?

There are some art openings tonight, other exhibition spaces I'm checking out today and this weekend, and some food & drink spots my friend recommended.

I'm using this map that I made to help me figure out where to go. I'm skipping historical stuff and the big museum because I've checked those out before. Please let me know if I'm missing anything important!

There are some art openings tonight, other exhibition spaces I'm checking out today and this weekend, and some food & drink spots my friend recommended.

I'm using this map that I made to help me figure out where to go. I'm skipping historical stuff and the big museum because I've checked those out before. Please let me know if I'm missing anything important!

Have you done the Mutter Museum before? You may also want to check out Spruce Street Harbor Park.

Elfreth's Alley is a neat little stop if you're in the area and havent seen it before. Americas oldest residential neighborhood.

ruxtpin

Banned
Not sure if I can post this here, but I've got some stuff on CL. I'm in the Conshy area, moving to Old City. Need to sell off a HE washing machine, 60" Samsung 3D Smart TV, 32" Sharp LCD, large square coffee table and entertainment shelving (for large TV). If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

The Llama

Francisville real estate is officially in the "WTF is going on" category.

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelphia/718-N-19th-St-19130/home/39469460
Sold for $230k in 2015.

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelphia/734-N-19th-St-19130/home/39494578
Same type of building sold for $370k in February 2017.

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelphia/726-N-19th-St-19130/home/39498908
Same type of building sold for $450k last week.

I think the first is being used as a rental, not sure about the second, and the third already has a demolition notice on the front door. Jeez.

Looking for apartments. Found what looks to be a decent one at the end of Washington ave by the schukyll. That area any decent?

My knowledge is contained to basically east of broad and rich fuckin rittenhouse.

Francisville real estate is officially in the "WTF is going on" category.

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelphia/718-N-19th-St-19130/home/39469460
Sold for $230k in 2015.

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelphia/734-N-19th-St-19130/home/39494578
Same type of building sold for $370k in February 2017.

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelphia/726-N-19th-St-19130/home/39498908
Same type of building sold for $450k last week.

I think the first is being used as a rental, not sure about the second, and the third already has a demolition notice on the front door. Jeez.

Related to this, this article was on Philly.com today:

Philly's next hot neighborhoods

They are now trying to project the next neighborhoods that will gentrify. It's kind of insane. The craziest thing I saw on there was this:

There are currently 3,883 houses listed &#8216;for sale' in Philadelphia. This is the first time that this number has fallen below 4,000 in the history of this data going back to 2001.

My wife and I are currently shopping for another house, and damn if it's not hard to find stuff in the areas we want in our budget. We're looking in Washington Square West, Bella Vista, Queen Village, Rittenhouse, or Fitler Square with a budget of about $650,000. There's just not a lot of housing units out there.

Looking for apartments. Found what looks to be a decent one at the end of Washington ave by the schukyll. That area any decent?

My knowledge is contained to basically east of broad and rich fuckin rittenhouse.

That's the Grey's Ferry area, and it's not super nice yet, but it's gentrifying.

Top Bottom