Playing RE2, Mr. X is the worst part of this game.

The Janitor

Jun 29, 2011
What difficulty are you playing? He is a lot less annoying on assisted, walks slower and you can stun him more easily.

Moses85

Jan 7, 2018
I played RE since 96, I'm assuming you were born in 85 so I doubt you played it that year.

You are right twice. Played RE1 DC on my PSOne in 1997 and it scared the shit out of me.

I can’t understand the criticism in regards to Mr. X Overall, sorry. IMO, if this is the biggest negative of the game, Capcom made nearly a perfect game. For me, it is beside the length a amazing remake I was sure Capcom won’t be able to bring such a amazing remake to (most) of their fans.

RE2 Remake was the First RE Game I made the platinum trophy too.

Beside the missing enemies (Spiders, Ravens) length I am happy with the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: demigod

JareBear

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
Someone mentioned a mod that removes him from the game on PC, is there a mod that just makes him less present? I don’t want to remove him but if I could dial him back a few notches that would suit me well.

I’d buy again on PC for this

Arachnid

Jan 31, 2019
He was great. He wasn't even in it for much of the game. Half the RPD section, never in the sewers, and only a few min in the lab.

I do wish they fleshed out his mechanics, but he was plenty nerve wrecking on the first playthrough. Now he's not even a nuisance because of how easy he is to play around.

OldGamer

Neo Member
Jul 8, 2017
Wisconsin
Well, Xr. X in the original is basically the prototype for Nemesis and he was interesting because he was more terminator-esque. Very rarely did he display any emotion or monster-like tendencies. He was like a the original Terminator w/o guns.

Back when the game came out, I though it was and awesome new thing, and I never found him that annoying since iirc he only appeared during either Leon's or Claire's game, not both. I played first without Mr X

Also, I think it also had something to do with the original FMV of Mr. X being so hype.

Barakov

Sep 30, 2006
It was a bit scary to deal with him at first but once you learn his behaviors it's pretty easy to deal with him.

demigod

Apr 17, 2007
Obligatory

Not sure why he's wasting bullets on Mr. X unless its just for the video. That dude could've used the ladder at the fire or go into the clocktower right there. I cheesed him with the dark room and clocktower.

Simply_Bry

Sep 2, 2018
I play horror games for jump scares and to feel uncomfortable. This is exactly what Mr. X does in this game. So many games are way too forgiving these days, so I actually really liked it. Besides, if you progress through the game at normal speed it doesn't take very long before you can continue at your own pace. The next few Mr. X encounters are also very short, usually at the ending of a mission to add some tension.

Tbh I don't even remember having a really hard time with him at all.

Last edited:

93xfan

Feb 23, 2013
Thought he was the best part of the game. Had to have a plan wherever you go, but makes the game so much more intense.

Reactions: Arachnid
Mar 20, 2016
Most of y'all are not grizzled survival horror vets like me, I guess.
I've played through and finished games like Alien Isolation. Xenomorph, at least, reacted to its environment by attacking other hostiles and you could distract it via various means. Mr. X is none of that. He just walks over to you and tries to punch you. He was stressful in first 10-20 minutes and just became a major annoyance. Even his footsteps are auditory misophonia at this point because you can constant hear it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JareBear