• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation State of Play announced

klosos

It was okay. Short and to the point. I hope the next has less VR.

p.s. I liked the Days Gone and the Concrete Genie trailers.

Ya me two they was the only things PS showed that have me interested , but i suppose if you are big into VR this show was for you.

Mr Hyde

Mighty disappointed. Too much focus on VR and the games that wasn´t VR were uninteresting and looked kinda boring. Complete waste of time for me.

Dabaus

Banned
I agree with your take. Funny enough Sony is the only one of ALL the companies that have been doing streaming for YEARS to actual customers. To me, everyone else is pretending. Google Stadia has literally no price to speak of and nobody has actually played games on MS's Xcloud at all!

So yeah, Sony has streaming already AND is giving people 2nd and 3rd gen VR games right now (and not years down the road). Nothing is theoretical for Sony at the moment. It's all in the consumer's hands. MS and Google are "telling" us how awesome their stuff will be. Hololens burned me when it came to believing MS at their word.

Great Points. Sony is focusing on the here now, not the theoretical future. Sony has time to improve PS now as well. I would assume Ps now will be given a second look within the company and they will make improvements to it over time. Meanwhile they are the only company taking vr seriously and if that ever takes off they have that market already cornered.

I also think that sony is, assuming its a hit, very wise with how theyre babying Days Gone. They haven't let any of their other first party games over shadow days gone, which I think is smart. Ill admit days gone doest appeal to me but I could still see it being a hit.

DadEggs

no issues with the presentation. it just highlights a few upcoming games. it wasnt supposed to be on an e3 conference or a ps experience level. it wasnt a megaton overhyped direct. its just sony throwing some marketing and media presence at their games on their own. in fact it was probably way more beneficial getting word out about some of those games than any journo website articles would have garnered.

jeez. I swear some of yall are nuts. like addicts that throw a fit if the bump isnt bigger than the last. if youre that disappointed dont watch next time and get caught up after the fact.

I will gladly take an extended highlight reel state of play episode each month than just be left in the dark or fiending for some breadcrumbs.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I think most people expected more. Most people are disappointed. That's fine. I guess we'll adjust our expectations for next time.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
no issues with the presentation. it just highlights a few upcoming games. it wasnt supposed to be on an e3 conference or a ps experience level. it wasnt a megaton overhyped direct. its just sony throwing some marketing and media presence at their games on their own. in fact it was probably way more beneficial getting word out about some of those games than any journo website articles would have garnered.

jeez. I swear some of yall are nuts. like addicts that throw a fit if the bump isnt bigger than the last. if youre that disappointed dont watch next time and get caught up after the fact.

I will gladly take an extended highlight reel state of play episode each month than just be left in the dark or fiending for some breadcrumbs.

The bolded couldn't have been said better!

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn’t interested in VR but wasn’t totally disappointed since it had more CTR news.

Top Bottom