• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation State of Play for March 25, 2019 5pm EST 2pm PST

Will they change venues like last E3?

• Total voters
Everybody's wrong every once in a while lol. I guess we do have to wait until E3.

But it's not all negative, we now know that today's announcements were an experiment of their formula, they proved it's more like a Direct than an Inside Xbox.

but what is the point of this? they are literally just taking previous announcements. putting out trailers we already seen. and then gathering a couple indie devs for announcements that they would just have been youtube videos and making an event out of it

they aren't making a nintendo direct. they are literally making an event out of thin air just for the hell of it.

Romulus

For those of you who've played VR, you understand how crazy NMS can be. The scale of a small room seems lifelike in VR, imagine planetary scale. This will be incredible.

PSVR is feeling more and more like its own thing. Last year was great, this year looks even better.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
but what is the point of this? they are literally just taking previous announcements. putting out trailers we already seen. and then gathering a couple indie devs for announcements that they would just have been youtube videos and making an event out of it

they aren't making a nintendo direct. they are literally making an event out of thin air just for the hell of it.

PSVR support for No Man’s Sky? I found that and the rest of the quick rapid fire announcements and expanded “reminders”, like the 90’s angle for the next MK, pretty cool.

Some people need to take the hyperbolic negative statement to an art form lol...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
If they continue down this path they will be making it very easy for me to skip PS5.

If they do not support all of their peripherals they are arrogant Sony, if they spend 15 minutes or so talking about PSVR, arrogant Sony... if... arrogant Sony ;).

Fbh

If this is what they had to show for their first one I guess at least it's nice they are letting me know these are nothing to get excited about

Shin

Banned
They canceled E3 but no word on GamesCom so that and PSX is up in the air.
Looking at the flow of PS4 announcement we just see a repeat in February 2020 and PSX this year will be all about games.

This SoP was a bit too short, at least a game or 2 were announced so there's that.

Aranea

It was a meh stream. Them again we knew beforehand this "State of Play" stream was gonna be lackluster.

zeorhymer

State of the Playstation episode 1, a waste of time. How will they attract people for the next episode? Tune in for the next "gamechanger"!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
PSVR support for No Man’s Sky? I found that and the rest of the quick rapid fire announcements and expanded “reminders”, like the 90’s angle for the next MK, pretty cool.

Some people need to take the hyperbolic negative statement to an art form lol...

I totally missed that it was VR for NMS. Whoa! Now that is really cool, and a much wanted feature in the community!

Sparda

Banned
If they continue down this path they will be making it very easy for me to skip PS5.
yeah because you judge a console with a random show of psvr ahahah

Most Nintendo direct are like this. A bunch of indies, porting e maybe some great announcement.

Last edited:
yeah because you judge a console with a random show of psvr.
Most Nintendo direct are like this. A bunch of indies, porting e maybe some great announcement.

oh come the fuck on thats not true and even then the production alone is worth it

it isn't voiced over by my fucking answer machine

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
heres the thing. whats the point of bundling already shown shit. and some random indie games videos. and then MAKING AN EVENT OUT OF IT?

WHY FUCKING DO IT?

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/question-words/why

Yes, why put together a pretty simple video to let everyone know of the games that are releasing on their platform in one easy to find manner with little effort on their part. Why would they do that? Why? How dare they.

They are virgins on these style of presentation + it's better to dump the unpopular things first on major users of PS4 for first episode with some kewl games and next month game releases.... + 2months left before E3 left(they need hype bullets or more things to show that can surpass that E3 presentation I guess Sony is controlling the hype for now than making a false announcements like release date or some games have problems that could delay the game for their upcoming exclusives

Well to me it's a passable announcement...

Last edited:

leo-j

The PS VR is extremely outdated tech from 2015. Honestly games with barely ps3 level visuals in VR world at 720p and waggle controls is cool and all but it’s 2019. Kinda intense they are supporting PS VR way more than they did PS VITA.

Also this doesn’t bode well imo, big no no considering GOOGLE dropped a bomb on everyone, and APPLE just teased a jump into gaming as well. So Sony doesn’t even respond afte rmicrosoft said expect a huge E3?

Not cool Sony.

Fbh

Since the format is already similar to a Nintendo direct I think they should do the same as Nintendo and announce what these will be about beforehand.
Just like Nintendo is like "Join us for a 20 minute look at the next Smash Bross" Sony should be "Join us for a 20 Minute look at whats coming to PSVR in 2019".

If you keep expectations in check you avoid a lot of negative reactions

This.

I find it funny people seem to think this was their E3.

No one thinks this was their E3.
But as the launch of this new format and as the first "thing" from Playstation on the year they will be skipping E3 it sure was disappointing.

This was way worse than your average Nintendo direct

Last edited:

NahaNago

That was a bit disappointing. Mk trailer was fun. I wish they had done a bit more than mostly just a bunch of trailers back to back. Mostly I keep thinking that for these direct type things they should create some shorts as entertainment. They really should have hit us with some thing to hype us for PlayStation.

Yes, why put together a pretty simple video to let everyone know of the games that are releasing on their platform in one easy to find manner with little effort on their part. Why would they do that? Why? How dare they.

So many times before it was Sony is doomed because they are silent.

Now they are doomed because Sony didn't reveal the PS5 and PSVR2 in a 20 minute show.

DForce

heres the thing. whats the point of bundling already shown shit. and some random indie games videos. and then MAKING AN EVENT OUT OF IT?

WHY FUCKING DO IT?

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/question-words/why

Instead of ranting, at least THINK about what's going on.

This is the first episode THROUGHOUT 2019.

They're not going to have a big announcement during every single show.

They're also not going to announce a big exclusive title to take attention away from Days Gone.

On top of all of this, they're going to save big announcements to take attention away from their competitors. This means if MS has a big E3, and they announce TLOU 2 release date, then a lot of attention will be taken away from MS.

Top Bottom