• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POKEMON GETTO DAZE! (Japan lines up)

bud

It's the same game every time except with basically new skins for the creatures to make them look 'different.'

CorwinB

Netrunner2k2 said:
I am pretty sure that the cardboard boxes are for the DS system itself(which is never in plastic) and the games ARE in plastic.

Future European NDS releases are rumored to use cardboard games, actually...

medrew said:
No, no. GAF assess the success of a launch based on his expression and workload.
I agree. This one sales person that shows up again and again in photos of console and game launches has no idea of the power he wields on NeoGAF. His actions alone determine whether a console or game will succeed or flop in Japan.

Bud said:
It's the same game every time except with basically new skins for the creatures to make them look 'different.'

There are usually a ton of new monsters to catch with each new iteration.

Diamond and Pearl has so much new stuff, Wi-Fi with voice is a big addition for example.

king zell

060928447_1.jpg
060928447_2.jpg

060928447_3.jpg
060928447_4.jpg

060928447_15.jpg
060928447_16.jpg

060928447_17.jpg

Tobor

Bud said:
Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy is the same game every time except with basically new skins for the creatures to make them look 'different.'

Fixed.

While I agree that the Pokemon IP is a bit silly, the RPG behind it is really good.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
wow, that Pokemon DS Lite looked like shit when we had the first pics but now...

CorwinB said:
Future European NDS releases are rumored to use cardboard games, actually...

I am well aware of that, I was talking about Japan where some people where wondering if the Pokemon games were in plastic or cardboard. I should have been more clear.

Aurora

Bud said:
I did play the gbc versions and they were all the same to me.
Well obviously. Gold / Silver / Crystal were all essentially the same game: the second generation of Pokémon games.

Seriously, give this title a shot when it comes stateside. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

Ngcfrance said:
Des sources japonaises annoncent une rupture de stocks de Pokémon Diamant/Perle dans la plupart des boutiques. Malgré les 2 millions de jeux mis sur le marché le jour-j (1 million pour chaque jeu), cela n’aurait pas suffit face à la demande.

Quand à la Nintendo DS Lite, 500 000 consoles se seraient vendues en quelques heures. Nintendo avait prévu le coup et a mis 1 million de DS Lite.

Translation:

It seems that the 2 millions copies of Pokémon Diamond/Pearl (1 million for each version)that Nintendo has brought to the market have already been sold.
Nintendo has sold even 500.000 Nintendo DS is just few hours on a total of 1 millions that Nintendo has distributed this week in Japan.

Attention: this is a rumor for now.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Translation:

It seems that the 2 millions copies of Pokémon Diamond/Pearl (1 million for each version)that Nintendo has brought to the market have already been sold.
Nintendo has sold even 500.000 Nintendo DS is just few hours on a total of 1 millions that Nintendo has distributed this week in Japan.

:O

Calidor

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Translation:

:lol :lol :lol

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Translation:

An entirely believable rumour, I'd say.

*golf clap for the DS phenonemon*

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Translation:

Is there any other source that can verify this?

Vic

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Translation:

*shakes head*

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Translation:

if this turns out to be true I hope nintendo has another shipment for the weekend
they always sell tons of stuff on the weekends in Japan

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Translation:

If true, i will have to say "wow" once again. Everytime I think the DS has reached it's high point there's a new unbelievable event that makes my jaws drop!

Souldriver said:
If true, i will have to say "wow" once again. Everytime I think the DS has reached it's high point there's a new unbelievable event that makes my jaws drop!

Just wait until they announce DQIX exclusive to DS.

Believe.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
omg rite said:
you do know how the multiple color thing works, no?

can you explain it? I've never even seen a pokemon game being played but have wondered about the diff versions that seem to release with every new game.

Aurora

Meh, I might aswell translate it correctly:

Japanese sources have announced a shortage in stock for Pokémon Diamond/Pearl in the majority of retailers. Despite the 2 million copies allocated to shops for today (1 million per game), this was not enough to meet the demands.

Moving on to the DS Lite; 500,000 units were sold in just a few hours. Nintendo had predicted such a demand and so stocked retailers with 1 million DS Lite units.

Vic

Aurora said:

Japanese sources have announced a shortage in stock for Pokémon Diamond/Pearl in the majority of retailers. Despite the 2 million copies allocated to shops for today (1 million per game), this did not meet the demands.

Moving on to the DS Lite, 500,000 units were sold in a few hours. Nintendo had predicted such an event and so allocated 1 million DS Lites.
yep, thats a better translation. more accurate

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Smiles and Cries said:
if this turns out to be true I hope nintendo has another shipment for the weekend
they always sell tons of stuff on the weekends in Japan
The rumour mill sez that they have prepared a total of 1 million DS' for the whole week and 1.5 million games for each colour.

Another sites says:
La plupart des sources au Japon parlent d'une rupture de stocks dans la plupart des magasins. Pourtant, 2 millions de copies ont été livrées dans tout le Japon, de quoi contenter tout le monde. C'est 500 000 Nintendo DS Lite qui se seraient écoulées en 10 heures.
Translation:
Most of our japanese sources talk of a sellout in most shops. 2 million copies (both colors included) had been shipped. And around 500.000 DS Lites would've been sold in about 10 hours.

edit: meh, burned

It also seems that, due to the online abilities of DS' pokemans, the USB WiFi dongle sales have also skyrocketed.

It also seems like Amazon.co.jp lists the following top sales:
1) Pokemon Diamond
2) Pokemon Pearl
3) Diamond + Pearl pack
4) Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

16) Pokemon Pearl Collector Edition

22) Pokemon Diamond Collector Edition
Can anyone check?

Aurora said:

Japanese sources have announced a shortage in stock for Pokémon Diamond/Pearl in the majority of retailers. Despite the 2 million copies allocated to shops for today (1 million per game), this was not enough to meet the demands.

Moving on to the DS Lite; 500,000 units were sold in just a few hours. Nintendo had predicted such a demand and so stocked retailers with 1 million DS Lite units.

Thanks.

Most of our japanese sources talk of a sellout in most shops. 2 million copies (both colors included) had been shipped. And around 500.000 would've been sold in about 10 hours.

Okay, but they say 500.000 D&P copies sold in a few hours!? No word about the DS sales (, that should be the 500k thing according to the other source).

slaughterking said:
Okay, but they say 500.000 D&P copies sold in a few hours!? No word about the DS sales (, that should be the 500k thing according to the other source).

No, the original quote seems to say that 500k DSLite were sold in 10 hours and most of the copies of D+P, that is, most of the 2 million.

Masklinn

slaughterking said:
No, 500 000 DS lites, I had forgotten that part, when I wrote the translation, sorry

Saoh

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Translation:

:lol :lol

that would be awesome

Masklinn

Chris Michael said:
How much did previous Pokemans sell on launch day?
I think GBA moved 1.3mil the first week.

In a word, Pokemon DS may already have sold more on first day than GBA sold on first week.

jepense

Aurora said:

Moving on to the DS Lite; 500,000 units were sold in just a few hours.

Insane sales and nice material for the statistics lovers next week.

Top Bottom