• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1005_mainchart.png

Hootie said:
I remember I got banned for 3 days after that lady in one of the primary debates asked Obama if he believed in the American flag. I still can't believe she is/was that stupid.
Nash McCabe is an American hero.

screen-capture-1-1.png

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
XxenobladerxX said:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_peyir6NMWXE/SOkwZsU-FbI/AAAAAAAAAG4/zNbx7vF3LVU/S1600-R/1005_mainchart.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's not the new one!

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9133733&nav=0Ra7

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - The race for president in Indiana is a dead heat according to the new WISH-TV Indiana Poll. The poll confirms that Indiana is a battleground state in part because two of the top three issues in the spring, health care and the war, gave way to bigger concerns at the moment.

The numbers are even: 46 percent for Barack Obama and 46 percent for John McCain. Three percent named another candidate and just five percent are undecided.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
non-political point:

Dear Nate Silver,

Watching your MSNBC appearance and loving it. One bit of advice though - accept your hairline. There's no point trying to grow some bangs in a vain attempt to dissemble the upward momentum of balding that is taking place. Embrace Obama's call for change.

Love,
Scorcho

Hootie said:
I remember I got banned for 3 days after that lady in one of the primary debates asked Obama if he believed in the American flag. I still can't believe she is/was that stupid.

Those were the youtube debates though, they were supposed to be looser and dumber.

Haunted

GhaleonEB said:
Debate rule suck. Even less time for discussion than the past two.

Also, no follow-ups or audience reaction allowed.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/Belmont_ground_rules.html?showall
That does suck. I guess this is the format John McCain had in mind for those 10 town hall meetings he wanted?

Little to no interaction with the other person, no follow-up questions, no nothing.

The Blue Jihad said:
Ugh. To hell with Town Halls.

I want Thunderdome.
Hell yeah. Two men enter, one man leaves.

gcubed said:
IMO, the rules that were posted for this debate, while are really good for Obama because basically, there is no way to screw up or "win big" with those rules, makes for a really REALLY boring debate.

Agreed. Town Hall debates generally are very boring and about who "connects" with the audience. I don't trust the selection of the questions either as they tend to be bland mixed with occasional oddness.

kkaabboomm said:
CBS Poll:
likely voters
Obama 48, McCain 45 (48-43 on 9/25)

registered voters
Obama 47, McCain 43 (47-42 on 9/25)

why getting closer?

I posted this in the prior thread. It's one poll of out a dozen others that show a larger lead. It's an outlier and not worth any discussion at this point until other polls confirm it or drift in that direction.

Ohio Poll (ABC/WashingtonPost)

Among likely voters statewide:
Obama 51, McCain 45

Oct. 3-5. Error margin: 3.5 points.
http://abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/Politics/story?id=5963651&page=1

so Ras has this +1M, ABC has it +6O...tossup!

Stoney Mason said:
I posted this in the prior thread. It's one poll of out a dozen others that show a larger lead. It's an outlier and not worth any discussion at this point until other polls confirm it or drift in that direction.
sorry, i thought i'd bring it into this thread too...

Sharp

After those early voting numbers, I think Ohio will go McCain. Prove me wrong Ohio, prove me wrong.

Tobor

electricpirate said:
I wasn't even following the race really back then, I kind of vaugly like Obama, and didn't like hildawg but that was about it.

The Youtube debate was when my interest started. It was Obama's speech after the Iowa primary that sold me. It's hard to describe how that speech effected me.

That was, as my Father told me later, my "Kennedy" moment.

I think it's perfectly in line with the McCain campaign for Governor Palin to question Obama's ties to radicals when she married a secessionist and has a witch-hunting pastor.

It's like EVERYTHING they do is projecting.

Tobor said:
The Youtube debate was when my interest started. It was Obama's speech after the Iowa primary that sold me. It's hard to describe how that speech effected me.

That was, as my Father told me later, my "Kennedy" moment.
The Iowa speech got me too. I cried.

Then I read Audacity of Hope and it was all over :lol

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Special comment incoming

Here's an innocent question: If for some bizarre reason the race ends 269-269, but some Minnesotan moran votes for John Ewards again or something akin, or if that DC woman refuses to give her vote in protest, does this mean McCain wins? Or are we looking at months of legal battles?

Trakdown

worldrunover said:
Here's an innocent question: If for some bizarre reason the race ends 269-269, but some Minnesotan moran votes for John Ewards again or something akin, or if that DC woman refuses to give her vote in protest, does this mean McCain wins? Or are we looking at months of legal battles?

Tie goes to Obama, period.

worldrunover said:

That can't happen in Minnesota at least anymore. They changed the laws.

(1) 2004 election: A Minnesota elector, pledged for Democrats John Kerry and John Edwards, cast his or her presidential vote for John Ewards [sic], apparently accidentally. (All of Minnesota's electors cast their vice presidential ballots for John Edwards.) Minnesota's electors cast secret ballots, so unless one of the electors claims responsibility, it is unlikely that the identity of the faithless elector will ever be known. As a result of this incident, Minnesota Statutes were amended to provide for public balloting of the electors' votes and invalidation of a vote cast for someone other than the candidate the elector is pledged to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom