• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Huh, Bad Religion actually shilling Obama's VoteForChange website on Myspace. Although the even odder thing is fans of Bad Religion commenting on their about how awesome McCain/Palin is.:lol

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/406/story/225909.html

Former Bank Of America CEO Endorses Obama in Charlotte Observer editorial :p

Obama offers best way out of economic disarray
Posted: Monday, Oct. 06, 2008
From Hugh McColl Jr., former chairman and CEO of Bank of America:

In 49 years of living in Charlotte, I've seldom offered my opinion in writing and never submitted a piece such as this. The condition of our country compels me.

The economic disarray threatening our community and nation poses critical challenges but also presents opportunity. We can observe the presidential candidates in the crucible of crisis.

Only one of them demonstrates the needed intellect, fortitude and temperament. That is why I have decided to publicly support Barack Obama.

What is needed in Washington is sound judgment and exceptional leadership. Through the years that I've been a businessman and before that an officer in the Marine Corps, I saw what qualities make effective leaders. I see them in Obama: a sharp intellect, stiff spine and steady hand.

Obama's economic plans will restore market confidence and provide a blueprint for a better future. His pragmatic, intelligent economic plan will stop our financial slide and restore the expansion and confidence we knew in the 1990s. Obama's tax relief plans for small businesses and the middle class should provide much-needed economic stimulus.

Obama also has an energy plan that makes sense. He will shift energy use from foreign oil toward alternative, domestic sources. This will create millions of “green collar” jobs and enable us to capitalize on alternative energy. These cleaner energy solutions will protect the planet for our children and grandchildren and free us from depending on hostile nations.

We could not have built Bank of America into the leader it has become without a highly educated workforce. Obama proposes to invest in education to ensure we remain the most productive and efficient in the world. We must take these steps to stay globally competitive.

I greatly respect all that John McCain has done for our nation. But it is Barack Obama whom we need now.

Tamanon said:
Huh, Bad Religion actually shilling Obama's VoteForChange website on Myspace. Although the even odder thing is fans of Bad Religion commenting on their about how awesome McCain/Palin is.:lol

Can anyone listening to BR POSSIBLY like McCain/Palin? I mean, really? Do they just like the noise of their three chords and pay no mind to the lyrics or something?

Woot. New thread.

Last thread's guilty:
StoOgE 185
GhaleonEB 164
Tamanon 151
Dax01 139
reilo 134
RubxQub 132
Stoney Mason 126
CharlieDigital 111
Hitokage 110
Fragamemnon 107
speculawyer 97
Y2Kev 79
ViperVisor 79
grandjedi6 77
Sharp 75
kkaabboomm 70
SpeedingUptoStop 70
The Lamonster 68
mj1108 67
Trakdown 65
Amir0x 64

woah so, ummm, pollster.com updated their national map, putting florida in Obama's column.

they have him at 296 EV's now. they still have NH as a tossup, but with colorado, iowa, and new mexico, sans NH, it'd be 269. florida's 27...wow. that means its at least a 4 point difference, which it is, exactly. 49.3-45.3.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Hootie said:
Wewt.

I'd just like to post this piece on Palin in this new thread so more people can read it in all of its creamy goodness:

Please post the link for that. That was fucking amazing. It includes all the thoughts about Palin and this country that Im too lazy or unable to put into succint words.

Vestal said:
What did Colmes do now?
He brought it up right away that the "Terrorist" Morris and Hannity were railing against never killed anyone, never attempted to kill anyone, and was never convicted of any crimes (Yes, I know why but if he was still dangerous we all know they would've gotten him on something unrelated by now).

He then called it the dying breathes of a desperate campaign and forced Morris to agree with that line, and then pointed out that the Annenberg Challenge which conserrvative shills use to connect Obama to Ayers was was sponsored by the foundation of a former Reagan administation ambassador. He did decent.

Just now even even brought up Palin's connection to that secessionist party! Atta boy!

Tamanon

Banned
typhonsentra said:
He brought it up right away that the "Terrorist" Morris and Hannity were railing against never killed anyone, never attempted to kill anyone, and was never convicted of any crimes (Yes, I know why but if he was still dangerous we all know they would've gotten him on something unrelated by now).

He then called it the dying breathes of a desperate campaign and forced Morris to agree with that line, and then pointed out that the Annenberg Challenge which conserrvative shills use to connect Obama to Ayers was was sponsored by the foundation of a former Reagan administation ambassador. He did decent.

Just now even even brought up Palin's connection to that secessionist party! Atta boy!

Maybe Colmes is going to try and get the show changed to Colmes and Hannity after the Dems take over.:lol

Trakdown

typhonsentra said:

I will faint if Colmes cuts off Hannity's mic.

The Lamonster said:
Man I wish I could be a guest on one of these political shows. I would make some good points, dammit!
You could always email Rachel Maddow and tell her about PoliGAF and all of its greatness.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Maxwell House said:
Incredible new video explaining McCain's ties to Keating and role in current fiasco. I hope this thing spreads virally. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDofbll86dY
HOLY SHIT! WHAAAAAAAT!

(sorry dude, this video is like...9 hours old, and in PoliGAF terms, that might as well have been a week ago)

Hootie

Dax01 said:
You could always email Rachel Maddow and tell her about PoliGAF and all of its greatness.

Her head would explode instantly upon laying eyes on this or any subsequent PoliGAF thread.

Zeliard

Dick Morris is a dipshit. :lol

"How do you respond to Obama saying he'll cut taxes for 95%?"

"Dur, well, those people don't even pay taxes anyway. He'd basically just be handing out welfare checks."

pearls2733680081006.gif

is his laugh really that bad? I haven't watched him since Channel 1.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay so in the other thread, while I was busy watching Sarah Connor Chronicles, people were bitching out Ohio for not voting early.

You guys have to understand that Ohioans probably aren't voting early because they don't trust the election system in Ohio after Bush stole the election in our state four years ago.

• Absentee ballots? Prolly are never counted.
  • Early ballots? Prolly won't be counted either.
  • On-site ballots on election day? Might be counted, as long as you didn't accidentally go to the wrong precinct, or get in the wrong precinct's line because there are several precincts voting in the same room, or there wasn't some odd typo on your ballot, or you looked at your polling monitor funny before stepping up to the ballot machine.

Our trust of the voting process here is tenuous at best, so why would we try using some new, controversial way that could throw away our vote? There are enough ways our vote could be invalidated already.

Honestly, those 3,000 early voters in the largest counties were retards.

So don't worry about Ohio turnout among Democrats or overall. People will show up the only way they know they have any chance of being counted -- in person, on election day.

Zeliard said:
Dick Morris is a dipshit. :lol

"How do you respond to Obama saying he'll cut taxes for 95%?"

"Dur, well, those people don't even pay taxes anyway. He'd basically just be handing out welfare checks."

Why is this guy relevant? I've never heard him say anything intelligent (although I've only heard him say a few things), so why does he get airtime?

Tamanon

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
Why is this guy relevant? I've never heard him say anything intelligent (although I've only heard him say a few things), so why does he get airtime?

He's part of the echo chamber, that's all.

Tobor

WHOAguitarninja said:

He's a former Clinton advisor, which Fox News loves, because when he shills for the Republicans, he can pretend he isn't biased.

RubxQub said:
HOLY SHIT! WHAAAAAAAT!

(sorry dude, this video is like...9 hours old, and in PoliGAF terms, that might as well have been a week ago)
Well crap, that's what I get for not getting on the net until a couple of hours ago. :lol

Ether_Snake said:
240,000 views, in less than 24 hours.

Keep sharing that link!

John McCain's "Ahem" after saying his oath "I do" was a sure sign of a liar.
Awesome. I've already sent it to a ton of my friends. :)

Hootie

Dax01 said:
I don't think so. I mean, I post in this thread. What's to cause her head to explode?

Well, we here are all GAFers. She is an outsider, so I don't think she'd be able to handle the amount of tangible 'epic' that flows freely around PoliGAF

Zabka

Tobor said:
He's a former Clinton advisor, which Fox News loves, because when he shills for the Republicans, he can pretend he isn't biased.
I bet he works for jelly donuts. He's getting fatter every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom