• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible PS5 leak info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Hugh

I am willing to bet that they also release two SKUs, I bet one is a 'lite' model that is discless and a 'standard' model that has all the bell and whistles.

Yeah, I'm with that. There is going to be a 499 dollar model, and while not in the over 500 range yet, having that as the only one model would still cause some backlash because PS4 was "only" 399. Consumers would start questioning, and Sony have to start explaining the new value proposal.

Offer another model at 399 or even 350, and Sony is good to go again.

This part also makes it sounds very fishy:

games running on a multilayered Bluray Disc with 100 GByte size HD type and size actual not final.

What does that even mean????

Also, would Sony really use both DDR4 and DDR6 in the same console? Why?

Last edited:

games running on a multilayered Bluray Disc with 100 GByte size HD type and size actual not final.

Maybe they meant UHD type, like a 4K UHD drive?

TeamGhobad

Banned
so the guy has access to dev kits but also knows the price??? ya im calling bullshit. also judging by his poor ass 5th grade english i say its most likely an east european troll.

Panda1

Banned
so the guy has access to dev kits but also knows the price??? ya im calling bullshit. also judging by his poor ass 5th grade english i say its most likely an east european troll.

What has his nationality got to do with him being a troll or not, or is your casual racism a product of your amazing education?

If the person is not from an English-speaking country, they would be typing in their second or third language. What is your excuse for 4th grade typing and grammar, and how many languages do you speak?

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
What has his nationality got to do with him being a troll or not, or is your casual racism a product of your amazing education?

If the person is not from an English-speaking country, they would be typing in their second or third language. What is your excuse for 4th grade typing and grammar, and how many languages do you speak?

i speak 3 languages, but that has nothing to do with it, im just tired of these trolls.

Ar¢tos

Bd-xl discs, available in 100GB and 128GB.
Yes, Sony would use 2 types of memories , it already does on the Ps4. The OS functions don't need fast expensive GDDR6, cheaper DDR4 can be used for that.

Last edited:

TLZ

I think he means they're using 100gb blurays, and the HDD type and size (SSD or HDD, 1tb or 2tb etc) aren't known or final yet.

LordOfChaos

This popped up today:

Just keeping PS5 rumors in one thread.

Taken from:

Most of this is kind of unprovocative from what everything else has it shaping up to be, except for that the Metro dev, who surely has a dev kit, seemed to say it wouldn't have dedicated ray tracing acceleration like RTX, but that you could do some ray tracing given enough GPU bandwidth and compute performance.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-metro-exodus-tech-interview

And as with all rumors - what reason do we have to believe the OP is legit? Did they ever leak anything else accurately?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah, I'm with that. There is going to be a 499 dollar model, and while not in the over 500 range yet, having that as the only one model would still cause some backlash because PS4 was "only" 399. Consumers would start questioning, and Sony have to start explaining the new value proposal.

Offer another model at 399 or even 350, and Sony is good to go again.

People would give it shit just as they did with the 20 GB PS3 vs the more expensive 60 GB one... hence why people remember $599 instead of $499.

There will definitely be a $500 PS5. Whether that's the main unit or an option (where there is a cheaper less powerful $400 edition remains to be seen).

PS4 Pro seemed to do fine, and I never heard people complain about it, or hear it sold so bad, Sony should never launch a $500 ever again.

So for you PS gamers, be ready for a $500 model.

Ar¢tos

There will definitely be a $500 PS5. Whether that's the main unit or an option (where there is a cheaper less powerful $400 edition remains to be seen).

PS4 Pro seemed to do fine, and I never heard people complain about it, or hear it sold so bad, Sony should never launch a $500 ever again.

I'm ready since mid 2017.... There is 500€ in an envelope in my bedside table since then.
I should start preparing (saving) another envelope for PSVR2.

I don't believe it will have 32GB of total memory. That's waaaay too much even looking forward.

Edit: that's for the devkit, duh

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
The PlayStation enthusiasts and fanboys like myself will definitely pay 500, I'd pay more if I had to for the best PlayStation on the market. You just can't leave the normal unit too far behind, it's a balancing act.

scalman

well buy it when it will get good games at least couple of its exclusives. doesnt matter it will be 500 or how much. you buy it for many years so its worth it every penny.

demigod

Lets not claim something as fact unless you can back it up with a source.

Lets not claim something as fact unless you can back it up with a source.
LOL.

Dont' tell me you're one of those guys trolling users to "back up every opinion or post with facts"..... since you can't tell the difference between a user opinion post and an industry reported fact.

Get lost bud.

Last edited:

demigod

LOL.

Dont' tell me you're one of those guys trolling users to "back up every opinion or post with facts"..... since you can't tell the difference between a user opinion post and an industry reported fact.

Get lost bud.

Your post is more like a fact and not an opinion. Try wording it better next time bud.

Airbus Jr

Litigate my emotions, daddy!
That leak sounds fake as fuck.
Fake or not you still want it right?
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
That shit was 770 dollars in today's money, though. There is more reason they got flak for it back in 2006.

That is not the point: the point, as btw I hope you appreciate the slight irony, you are proving right now... everyone would focus and talk about the higher prices system as if that were the real price of it, forgetting that is just a more premium SKU.

For people PS3 was $599... that is it. PS5 coming out with $499 and $599 SKU’s would easily risk to be seen as a $599 console... which may not be a good thing.

Toe-Knee

That is not the point: the point, as btw I hope you appreciate the slight irony, you are proving right now... everyone would focus and talk about the higher prices system as if that were the real price of it, forgetting that is just a more premium SKU.

For people PS3 was $599... that is it. PS5 coming out with $499 and $599 SKU’s would easily risk to be seen as a $599 console... which may not be a good thing.
This is 100% right. Nobody that I knew wanted the 20gb ps3 rude it was 'inferior' and they didn't want to settle but they refused to pay for the 60gb as it was too expensive.

ANIMAL1975

I don't care if it's fake, this hype train is running downhill, no breaks and full speed ahead. My ticket just flew out the window, was dicking around with the head on the wind, just enjoying the ride! Now I have to go, the ticket dude is coming so i have to hide, dodge him somehow. Guys... What a ride!

Von Hugh

I saw your point, but I chose to ignore it due to the fact it's 2019 now, and Sony has already brought us PS4 Pro version. Pro version brings much more to the table other than just the difference of 100 dollars for just additional 40 gigabytes of HDD space.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I saw your point, but I chose to ignore it due to the fact it's 2019 now, and Sony has already brought us PS4 Pro version. Pro version brings much more to the table other than just the difference of 100 dollars for just additional 40 gigabytes of HDD space.

What was the price of PS4 Pro when it came out? Yes, the same price as PS4 when it came out: $399.

I would also say that it is a false equivalence to compare niche mid generation upgrades to launch day SKU’s for a new console.

Last edited:

Caio

Any chance for a Custom Navi 20 Ray Tracing GPU ? In the end PS5 is probably coming out in Nov 2020, and a custom chip could technically be possible.

TLZ

You should all trust a guy who never brakes his text into paragraphs. Something you learn in elementary school.
Also 32GB is complete bunk that alone would drive price of PS5 into stratosphere.
If it's a devkit it should be ok I think.

Von Hugh

What was the price of PS4 Pro when it came out? Yes, the same price as PS4 when it came out: $399.

I would also say that it is a false equivalence to compare niche mid generation upgrades to launch day SKU’s for a new console.

You were comparing a premium console to a cheaper one. So am I. Pro is a more expensive console.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You were comparing a premium console to a cheaper one. So am I. Pro is a more expensive console.
... and Pro did not break the $399 barrier and is riding on the tails of PS4 as a platform to which it is an extension.

Launching PS5 at $399 and PS5+ at $599 on the same day will lead to headlines and "arrogant" "two jobs" angry Sony headlines in forums and Reddit and Twitter saying "OMG, Sony went mad, PS5 is $599!!!!"
The other PS5 would be quickly labelled as PS5Cheap...

You should all trust a guy who never brakes his text into paragraphs. Something you learn in elementary school.
Also 32GB is complete bunk that alone would drive price of PS5 into stratosphere.

Don't forget that before the PS4 was announced most everyone thought it would come with 4GB of GDDR5 ram and as we all know it ended up coming with 8GB of GDDR5, which pretty much floored everyone and they still came in at a $399 price point without losing money on the console from day 1. I know 16GB of GDDR6 seems like the most cost effective option, but they are going to want to future proof this thing the best they can, so I can definitely see them going 24GB of GDDR6 with 8GB DDR4 and still pull off their price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom