• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible PS5 leak info

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not allowed to post this strike it down.

*Edit. I dont put much stock into the render or the wording of these slides as I THINK they were just made up from info this guy has.

Last edited:

Caayn

Can't watch the video. But let me guess. It's just a knee-jerk response based on AMD's announcements?

dalekjay

I really don’t care if it’s 2019 or not, but I want that info about the controller be compatible to be true, my razer panthers arcade stick must live on

FranXico

Some things about this feel fake... like the fact that those slides would mention pretty much everything that people discussed in forums in recent times, such as the assets injection method for "remasters" (known to have been used for "remasters" of old PSP games already) as if it is a novelty.
3 USB ports, front and back? Sony always puts two ports front, like clockwork.

Either trolls or a controlled leak aimed to mislead the competition.

OverIt

It would make it prohibitively expensive, no?

Lower nm process means less metal used meaning less cost in the long term. There is an initial issue with yield, like when making a large amount turn out bad, but that is usually fixed over time.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Someone post the info. Cant watch the video currently

Don't worry Imtjnotu Imtjnotu I got you!

Key parts of the leak.....

5d142f8e-cf74-41ba-9026-cfdc28223b9c-original.jpg

d5de2e10-7cd3-4507-9dc1-ac75f829e865-original.jpg

a8017eb1-965f-4f21-8024-87e069b2aa55-original.jpg

d5afad92-8131-43b0-9ce5-89c8360e6a31-original.jpg

dc713ae1-0685-4a8c-af05-860c8f20b6c2-original.jpg

Last edited:

OverIt

Eh, thats fake. Very unlikely they put a highly expensive bluray in that thin next gen considering most people just buy online now with Sony.

Thiagosc777

It looks fake. Who is this presentation for? Another troll. If there was a credible leak, it'd be in the corporate media because they would be able to get clicks.

mckmas8808

It looks fake. Who is this presentation for? Another troll. If there was a credible leak, it'd be in the corporate media because they would be able to get clicks.

This came from the guy that gave GAF the PS4 Pro leak information months in advance. Keep that in mind. ;)

mckmas8808

And a lot of people said those were fake as well if I recall.

Most people said it was all fake. Osiris clearly has a person on the inside. This much is clear. Now I'm wondering how much I like this information. 14 GBs of RAM for devs to use seems kinda low, but most seem to think with current prices it's the best you could expect.

Then I remember that devs only have 5 GBs of RAM to use today, so a 3x increase is lovely!

GermanZepp

Nice, always in fun to read about PS5 leaks. The tech and trademark writing dont make sense with the "this is super cool" kinda quotes next to it.

That's so bad even for a fake...
Render of a PS2+PS4 = PS5...facepalm.

This!. Are this supposed to be a leaked document or a compilation of leaked data ?. Cause if it's the first if more fake that a whore orgasm.

Last edited:
Thing is about the render of the box I put zero stock in this is the final product and as far as some of the wording like "this is super cool" this seems more like a presentation this guy made and not internal documents.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I dont know. i dont trust in all.

1.-Because is too son That the console come in 2019, maybe 2020.

2.- The last of us Part II, Will be one of the last games to show the last power graphics in PS4

3.- Because the peripherical VR is too son and what happend to the costumers that have one?

4.- Even in this Generation only Few Games has been show the power of the generation, RDR 2, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son, I mean, there is a wasted of power in PS4, and there is more Companies that Will take more time to get into ps5.

5.- Dont even show in E3 Last year and if the Show in 2019, Probably Will come in 2020.

DadEggs

its hideous is what it is

whoever made the leak does not know good product design

Last edited:

mckmas8808

I dont know. i dont trust in all.

1.-Because is too son That the console come in 2019, maybe 2020.

2.- The last of us Part II, Will be one of the last games to show the last power graphics in PS4

3.- Because the peripherical VR is too son and what happend to the costumers that have one?

4.- Even in this Generation only Few Games has been show the power of the generation, RDR 2, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son, I mean, there is a wasted of power in PS4, and there is more Companies that Will take more time to get into ps5.

5.- Dont even show in E3 Last year and if the Show in 2019, Probably Will come in 2020.

The current PSVR headset will work with the PS5. It says show in Slide 2.

Those slides look really fake. The console looks fake. The 5 number isn't even the same font as the word 'Playstation'.

Who would believe this low quality fake?

Also, having a PSVR2 Pro and discontinuing base PS4 while still producing the PS4 pro sound like questionable business decisions.

Last edited:

Thiagosc777

This came from the guy that gave GAF the PS4 Pro leak information months in advance. Keep that in mind. ;)

Didn't he just repeat the Neo rumor that was already out?

This looks fake because a business presentation usually has an objective. What area of Sony could possibly use this? There is not technical information and it contains no directed business information as well.

onQ123

About the 3640 SPs which would normally be a red flag that it's fake:

AMD has a patent for Super -SIMD that would mean a new design for their CUs so the flag isn't so red

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20180121386.pdf

it talk about having a CU & a Small CU so lets say that the CU has 64 SPs & the small CU has 6 SPs that would be 52 CUs / 52 Small CUs or something like that

Some pretty plausible information there... too safe lol

Also... whoever wants to check my post history... I've always said the PS5 is said to be around 12TF. Also, first devkits were said to be 10TF or so.

Darius87

Fake:
1) Design looks terrible almost like xbox one sandwiched with ps2, and that's not how sony desings its consoles.
2) it will be 8 cores not 6
3) if it would had 3640 stream proccesors then that means it has 56.8 cu? seems odd
4) post processing buffers doesn't need dedicated hardware because it runs on rasterizers which every gpu already have except for DLSS which requires tensor cores which is highly unlikely ps5 would have.
5) vapor chamber for 7nm APU? seems unnecessary.

I don't know jack about hardware, so i can't really comment on the credibility of the specs listed here. If this is a fake, it is very well done, though. I think the whole presentation is believeable, especially considering the wording on the slides. It just doesn't strike me as the kind of writing i'd expect from your typical console leak faker.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The current PSVR headset will work with the PS5. It says show in Slide 2.

Well yeah could be, but i guess the new VR2, Will have more possiblities, so what is the case to get the actual PS VR?.

Is not that easy, Sony (Supposedly) knows of commerce, its not that easy get a peripherical like VR to a mount of people.

Oh, I forgot to say. Sony never unveils their console design in advance like this. This alone means this whole thing is fake. To make it more believable whoever did this should've said that the final hardware design would be unveiled at a certain date.

what a load of shit lmao. never believe these, a leak for the visual design of the console is never true and the console design is made few months before release. not a year or two. Sony simply never designs their console that early.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Neogaf says its fake so it MUST be real

*remembers the ps3 slim leak thread*

mckmas8808

Fake:
1) Design looks terrible almost like xbox one sandwiched with ps2, and that's not how sony desings its consoles.
2) it will be 8 cores not 6
3) if it would had 3640 stream proccesors then that means it has 56.8 cu? seems odd
4) post processing buffers doesn't need dedicated hardware because it runs on rasterizers which every gpu already have except for DLSS which requires tensor cores which is highly unlikely ps5 would have.
5) vapor chamber for 7nm APU? seems unnecessary.

What about what O onQ123 said?

About the 3640 SPs which would normally be a red flag that it's fake:

AMD has a patent for Super -SIMD that would mean a new design for their CUs so the flag isn't so red

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20180121386.pdf

it talk about having a CU & a Small CU so lets say that the CU has 64 SPs & the small CU has 6 SPs that would be 52 CUs / 52 Small CUs or something like that

Does it seem odd now?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I desperately want to believe that full BC with PS4 is a thing that's definitely happening. I won't actually believe it's real though until I see it straight from Sony.

onQ123

Y'all do know that these slides wouldn't be for the public right? it's for the industry to give them a outline of the plans (that's if it was real) but on the other hand I see no reason that Sony would be showing the console design so soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom