• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible PS5 leak info

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Y'all do know that these slides wouldn't be for the public right? it's for the industry to give them a outline of the plans (that's if it was real) but on the other hand I see no reason that Sony would be showing the console design so soon

Yeah, I do not think they would show the design... like I said in the other thread...

Looks like your thoughts are in line with the new PS5 leak, since it's 11.2 TF with a better CPU with 3x the RAM.

If it does use GDDR6 or GDDR5X (which I expect it to use one of the two), then we can possibly see upwards of 800+GB/s memory bandwidth depending on the clock speeds.

As for these "slides", I think this is a mock-up someone threw together. Now wether it was done with known inside info or not, that remains to be seen.

The design seems far too similar to the PS4, I know final design may change but that seems kind of obvious. I mean I want this to be real but it also seems like theres alot of extra info with the launch, special anniversary sku's, psvr2 and psvr2 pro release timeframes, not to mention backwards compatible with Dualshock 4 controllers, I dont believe Sony would ever go that far, I think they will include backwards compatibility for PS4 games this gen but not for hardware. As for the spec's I couldnt say thats not really my expertise. I'm feeling this is a fake sadly.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Y'all do know that these slides wouldn't be for the public right? it's for the industry to give them a outline of the plans (that's if it was real) but on the other hand I see no reason that Sony would be showing the console design so soon

We know Osiris got his last information from a "Retail" type event where Sony were updating all retail chains on their plans coming up. I'd assume this is the case this time around too. So I'm assuming these slides (if real) were made more for the Retail Chains crowd and not devs particularly.

Last edited:

BadHand

Although I doubt this is real - If Sony make first-gen PSVR incompatible then I will be pissed. I accept that a revision would probably be a better quality screen, but it is essentially a OLED screen in a box with lights and gyroscopes. Maybe selling an updated processer unit or adapter would be forgivable, but rendering the entire unit useless would be shit. This thing was only released 2 years ago.

onQ123

The design seems far too similar to the PS4, I know final design may change but that seems kind of obvious. I mean I want this to be real but it also seems like theres alot of extra info with the launch, special anniversary sku's, psvr2 and psvr2 pro release timeframes, not to mention backwards compatible with Dualshock 4 controllers, I dont believe Sony would ever go that far, I think they will include backwards compatibility for PS4 games this gen but not for hardware. As for the spec's I couldnt say thats not really my expertise. I'm feeling this is a fake sadly.

Why would they rock the boat if the ship is smooth sailing though? seem like the smart thing to do just streamline PS5 into the market & just keep the momentum going

Thiagosc777

Why would they detail their plans to everyone, down to specifications? Devs get devkits. Everyone else will get info (specs, looks, etc) when are ready to unveil to the public. The design looks horrible. The "Playstation 5" logo is a bad Photoshop. This does't look professional at all. And it doesn't seem to have a purpose.

It reminds me of the "E3 Sony press" leaks, where people printed a list of games to a sheet of paper with the Sony logo on it and some people bought it. Think. Who would need such a list? Anyone working on the presentation already know that stuff, anyone on the outside will see when it is ready. The same applies here.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Although I doubt this is real - If Sony make first-gen PSVR incompatible then I will be pissed. I accept that a revision would probably be a better quality screen, but it is essentially a OLED screen in a box with lights and gyroscopes. Maybe selling an updated processer unit or adapter would be forgivable, but rendering the entire unit useless would be shit. This thing was only released 2 years ago.

It says in Slides 2 and 5 that your PSVR unit is compatible with the new PS5.

It says it’s incompatible?

Edit nvm thanks mckmas8808 mckmas8808

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

7nm CPU? I am skeptical. Would it really use such a brand new process?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't?

In the rumored launch window, Ryzen 2 and Radeon will both be on 7nm, iPhones are mass shipping with 7nm chips as we speak so yields are getting there.

Not that I'm buying the video, anyone who moderately follows this stuff could have thrown that together.

Last edited:

Blam

Here's how it's fake.

Not a single "SCEA Confidental" they use this extensively on all of their documents.

Source: Sony Developer Portal.

rəddəM

Seems so fake and I hope it is.
E3 2020 announcement/reveal, November 2020 launch please.
We don't even know TLoU Part II release yet and people already want to run over it and others exclusives launching in 2019.
The Sony's home run ball (PS4's succes since launch to now) just recently started to drop.
Just wait for it.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Design-wise, I hope it's fake.

Just an ugly as fuck version of the PS4 Pro with a big blue stripe on the front.

I don't want that shit sitting under my TV for 6 years.

Also the font used for the word "Connection" on the VR peripheral looks like Helvetica and doesn't match any fonts Sony has ever used on their consoles. Really looks slapped on, too big and bold, and clashes with the other fonts on the system.

Are you talking about the PS5 with the bundled PSVR2 that they will be selling on day one? Or just the PS5?
Just the Ps5

Those specs in late 2019 are $499 or $599. But in no way $399
But i do believe Sony isn't stupid to launch at $599 again.

So they'll do $499 for the early 2TB Version and maybe deceive consumer by saying starting at $399 for the 1TB model, that just launches later.

bitbydeath

Fake or not, a lot of this is pretty much what we’re expecting. The main surprise is Sony having a new PSVR ready for launch as well.

ultrazilla

I think the OP was trying to say the "design mock up" this video uses should NOT be paid attention to as it's just that-a mock up.

He's more talking about the actual specifications of the PS5 here.

However it turns out, I think we all can agree that it will support/work in tandem with Sony's VR strategy(PS VR 2.0) and be
a "monster" spec wise. I can see this hitting at $499 easy all day.

L0wMax

of course it would lol, of all the things to be skeptic about, this ain't it chief
I keep hearing about how difficult 7nm is. That's why I was thinking that. But I guess I've been out of the loop.

Last edited:

Paradicia

I think its real. It's just out of the blue and maybe it's a ploy by Sony to gauge reception for the design and specs bump. It looks THICC but maybe they will change the design during the development. It's real until proven fake.

Boss Mog

I desperately want to believe that full BC with PS4 is a thing that's definitely happening. I won't actually believe it's real though until I see it straight from Sony.
They need to reveal it by making a video with Shuhei and Adam, that says: This is how you play PS4 games on PS5, and one of them just puts the PS4 disc in the PS5.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
am not sure how is it 50% a ps2 they look nothing alike.

Google 'Xbox One X looks like'... the internet will disagree.

scorpio2.jpg

1526733234779323313.jpg

Nothing alike.

Last edited:
Google 'Xbox One X looks like'... the internet will disagree.

scorpio2.jpg

1526733234779323313.jpg

Nothing alike.

yep. nothing alike. just because the top is protruded doesn't mean they look alike. not replying more to this because its the dumbest thing I ever heard. everything is a rectangle.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

It's been patented a while back, and they have already been using that tech for old PSP games, such as LocoRoco and Patapon (original ISO runs in an emulator which swaps out the assets in memory).

More reason why this could be real.

SonGoku

I keep hearing about how difficult 7nm is. That's why I was thinking that. But I guess I've been out of the loop.
7nm won't be immature come 2020, there's chance even 7nm+ will make the cut
All new process nodes since 40nm brought hurdles

Worst case scenario they delay if yields aren't sufficient,

Paradicia

What's interesting is that the DualShock 5 isn't shown. Is it because it's still being worked or is it because this is fake? We will only know when Sony announce it I guess.

mckmas8808

Nah. 2020 is still empty for games. They’re not going to have a year off sitting on their laurels til PS5 comes out at the end.

Hmmmmm....I didn't think about this. Good point! Makes me wonder if THIS is why there is no PSX this year too.

SonGoku

The design looks fake af, looks like photoshopped phat Xbox One
edit

YIKES the specs are underwhelming af i hope this is FAKE
11tf? what the hell not even 12tf
6 core CPU? what kind of joke this is not even 8?
16GB RAM wow this machine is a certified pos i hope its fake

Not even 2x the X, why even bother calling PS5 this side grade

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
7nm won't be immature come 2020, there's chance even 7nm+ will make the cut
All new process nodes since 40nm brought hurdles

Worst case scenario they delay if yields aren't sufficient,

Not to mention, you are not going to get the performance needed for "next gen" out of the current yields with an small form, low power draw factor APU.

The X already is pushing the limits of that fab process.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

This leak is probably fake, but that does not mean that the PS5 launch is going to wait for 2020.
There's more than enough content launching next year including Days Gone, Last of Us II, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Kingdom Hearts III, Anthem, The Division 2, Resident Evil 2 and many others. PS4 hardware is still selling extremely well and better yet with a good profit margin for Sony. They will want to keep this going til 2020. PS4 launched 7 years after PS3 despite Sony being in an unfavorable position and there having been no PS3 Pro mid-gen refresh so I don't see them going less than 7 years this time around, not when they're dominating and selling a ton of PS4 hardware with a packed 2019 lineup.

Nah. 2020 is still empty for games. They’re not going to have a year off sitting on their laurels til PS5 comes out at the end.
2013 was pretty empty for games except for GTA V. GTA VI could launch in 2020 on current gen just before next gen launches like last time.

Last edited:
Why would they rock the boat if the ship is smooth sailing though? seem like the smart thing to do just streamline PS5 into the market & just keep the momentum going

I get what you're saying but if the Wii/ Wii U taught us anything little differences are important, I'm not saying Sony will handle things the same or make the same marketing mistakes or that the users wont know the difference but it just doesnt sit right credibility wise for something like this. Trust me I'd love all this to be real too but I'm on the side of being cautiously optimistic until something official comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom