• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible PS5 leak info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake

Is a problem for the OS to use VRAM instead of DDR? Seeing so much memory for OS make me wonder if the OS will be smoth or heavy.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Is a problem for the OS to use VRAM instead of DRR? Seeing so much memory for OS make me wonder if the OS will be smoth or heavy.
I think alot of why the ps4 used so much ram for the OS had to do with running all the streaming and video recording.

Minus 4GB for OS would leave 12GB for games, that have to be then split between CPU and GPU. X1X with 12GB does allow for native 4K and 4K textures, but in a large open world games, like RDR2 recently, you can easily tell the sacrifices have been made on the textures quality. And next-gen games will have even bigger, more detailed worlds, more objects, more draw distance, will hit native 4K more often (if not always) etc., and all that will require lot of memory. In a perfect scenario next-gen consoles should have 4GB DDR4 exclusively for the OS, and 16GB GDDR6 just for the games.
Right, but consoles are not going to be fighting with the 2080TI. Quite Honestly, I see 12GB GDDR6 being the sweet spot with 8-11GB used for games. It's not a huge leap over the One X but the increase in bandwidth and better CPU should be able to give the consoles an edge over the previous generation. 4GB of RAM for a console OS is too much and quite unnecessary for simply displaying content. I would love to be pleasantly surprised however.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Is a problem for the OS to use VRAM instead of DDR? Seeing so much memory for OS make me wonder if the OS will be smoth or heavy.

The only real problem is how much that takes away from what games can use.

It was actually after the PS4 OS released some more resources back for games that it got particularly janky, freeing resources without sufficiently rebuilding the OS to use less, smoothly.

I'm hoping the ARM subsystem this time can take over any resource allocation for streaming/downloading/etc, and just leave enough OS on the main cores to run the games.

Anyone actually wonder whats gonna happen with the HDD? I mean, SSD is becoming more and more a standard. Any new laptop/desktop nowadays either comes with both or just the SSD. It would be wierd to have a brand new console thats going to last another 5-6 years with an outdated tech such as a HDD. So what Im thinking, its going to be SSD but still not going to go over 1TB so it doesn't drive the price way too high. Just making that little change we can already expect a solid bump in speed for both OS and games.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned

Not in a console. For Desktop class system it would be an issue.
DDR has lower latency than GDDR which is more important to OS than bandwidth.

Anyone actually wonder whats gonna happen with the HDD? I mean, SSD is becoming more and more a standard. Any new laptop/desktop nowadays either comes with both or just the SSD. It would be wierd to have a brand new console thats going to last another 5-6 years with an outdated tech such as a HDD. So what Im thinking, its going to be SSD but still not going to go over 1TB so it doesn't drive the price way too high.

SSDs prices are not anywhere near cheap when it comes to higher amount of storage.
Which sucks.

I think they will go for hybrid 2TB. It should be good enough solution for system and the most used files.
If you play 1 game for a week then your experience would be similar to using SSD.

Or they could even go for split memory. 12GB build in SSD you can't swap neither access and normal HDD.
AMD since ryzen 1xxx supports that. But i still bet on SSHD. One part will be less expensive down the road than 2 and whole I/O around it.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Google translate from the Japanese source, which can be found here: https://pastebin.com/7BPxh45h en via Reddit
I think they went with Pastebin because of anonymity instead of the usual forum drive-by posts and the above falls in line with a handful of things.

1. I have some information I would like to share.

2. - PS5 official information from Sony will soon (Sony will not participate in E3). Announcement - "Apple" type more than release. I will even say official announcement in PSX in the first quarter of 20 20.
  3. Sony will be a little quiet this year

4. - PS 5 99% release, November 2020
  5. - Backward compatibility
  6. - Physics game & PS store
  7. -ps plus and ps plus premium (premium beta early access, private server creation, 4k free remaster)
  8. -specs custom CPU ryzen 8core@3.0-3.2ghz
  9. GPU Navi architecture 10TF, Sony in conjunction with Amd for Navi, more raytracing, but that is not the focus.
  10. os 16GB Gddr6 + 4gb ddr4, a new mem controller for os ram, we already have 32 GB development kits
  11. - 8k up scaling
  12. -2 tb hdd Some NAND flash
  13. 2020 - PSVR 2, ps 5, resolution boost, 90 - 120 hz, 220 view, eye tracking, some foveate rendering, wireless, headphone integration, less movement, no breaker box, cable management for much less aaa games Focus on VR, price is around 349 $
  14. -dualshock 5, inside the camera for VR, usb-c
  15. - Price 399 dollars, original loss of 40 to 60 dollars per console

16. Ps4 exclusive release game I know

17. Gran Turismo Sports has better graph.fidelity, ray tracing, complete VR support.
  18. Pubg remaster 4k f2p using ps + only with ps5
  19. Our last 2 ps 4 / ps 5
  20. Tsushima Ghost ps 4 / ps 5
  21. First 6 months + 2 AAA games + psvr 2 games

22. Non-limiting ps5 game 2020

23. Battlefield Bad Company 3 established in Vietnam, already developed for 2 years
  24. Harry potter
  25. cyber punk
  26. Gta 6 has heard rumors about Miami and New York, the two largest cities so far probably have not heard anything related to ps 4, a 2021 holiday

Code:
PS5

共有したい情報があります。

- ソニーからのPS5公式情報は間もなく(ソニーはE3には参加しません)。発表 - リリースのより "アップル"タイプ。私はPSXで2020年第1四半期に公式発表さえ言うでしょう。
ソニーは今年少し静かになります

-PS5 99%発売、2020年11月
-下位互換性
- 物理ゲーム&PSストア
-ps plusおよびps plus premium(プレミアムベータ版の早期アクセス、プライベートサーバーの作成、4kの無料リマスター)
-specsカスタムCPU ryzen 8core@3.0-3.2ghz
GPU Naviアーキテクチャ10TF、Amd for Naviと連携したソニー、より多くのレイトレーシング、しかしそれは焦点ではない。
osの16GB Gddr6 + 4gb ddr4、os ramのための新しいmemコントローラー、私達に既に32ギガバイトの開発キットがあります
-8kアップスケーリング
-2tb hddなんらかのナンドフラッシュ
2020年の-PSVR2、ps5、解像度ブースト、90-120hz、220視野、アイトラッキング、ある種の中心窩レンダリング、ワイヤレス、ヘッドフォン統合、動きの少ない、ブレーカーボックスなし、ケーブル管理がはるかに少ないaaaゲーム用VRに焦点を当て、価格は349 $前後
-dualshock 5、VR用のカメラ内部、usb-c
- 価格399ドル、当初コンソールあたり40〜60ドルの損失

私が知っているPs4独占発売ゲーム

グランツーリスモスポーツはより良いgraph.fidelity、レイトレーシング、完全なVRサポートを持ちます。
ps5でのみps +を使ったPubg remaster 4k f2p
私たちの最後2 ps4 / ps5
対馬ゴーストps4 / ps5
最初の6ヶ月+2のAAAゲーム+ psvr2ゲーム

非限定的なps5ゲーム2020

バトルフィールドバッドカンパニー3はベトナムに設立、すでに2年間開発
ハリーポッター
サイバーパンク
Gta 6はこれまでのところおそらく2021年の休日、ps4に関連するものは何も聞いていない、マイアミとニューヨーク、2大都市についての噂を聞いている

Last edited:

Tarkus98

Another list, but at least most of this stuff is plausible. Nothing too far out to it make it totally unbelievable. Hoping for more than 10TF though on the GPU.

Shin

Banned
It does and makes for a better original post than the one in the OP, hell could be it's own thread altogether.
Some of the stuff is rather specific and not news I've come across, yet while sounding very plausible instead someone's wish-list.

Imtjnotu

Google translate from the Japanese source, which can be found here: https://pastebin.com/7BPxh45h en via Reddit
I think they went with Pastebin because of anonymity instead of the usual forum drive-by posts and the above falls in line with a handful of things.

Code:
PS5

共有したい情報があります。

- ソニーからのPS5公式情報は間もなく(ソニーはE3には参加しません)。発表 - リリースのより "アップル"タイプ。私はPSXで2020年第1四半期に公式発表さえ言うでしょう。
ソニーは今年少し静かになります

-PS5 99%発売、2020年11月
-下位互換性
- 物理ゲーム&PSストア
-8kアップスケーリング
-2tb hddなんらかのナンドフラッシュ
2020年の-PSVR2、ps5、解像度ブースト、90-120hz、220視野、アイトラッキング、ある種の中心窩レンダリング、ワイヤレス、ヘッドフォン統合、動きの少ない、ブレーカーボックスなし、ケーブル管理がはるかに少ないaaaゲーム用VRに焦点を当て、価格は349 $前後

私が知っているPs4独占発売ゲーム

私たちの最後2 ps4 / ps5
対馬ゴーストps4 / ps5

非限定的なps5ゲーム2020

ハリーポッター
サイバーパンク
10tf I guess is a big boost. But everything keeps pointing to ms having 12tf. Big difference again it seems

THE:MILKMAN

That new "leak" is just a list of discussions in the next-gen threads from here and Reset.

Every "leaker" is getting their 15 minutes in before real info comes around GDC.

Dabaus

Banned
I don't believe it because I refuse to believe sony, or anybody really, would pay for a timed pubg exclusive for a 2020 launch.

Shin

Banned
10 TFLOPS would not be bad for Q4 2019, but Q4 2010 is a bit so so :/...
It is very bad because if 16Gb only that saves a lot of heat, cost, etc etc and money that could go to a beefier GPU.
But this is just so typical of Sony to cheap out that I'm somehow not fucking surprised or will be if this turn out to be real.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It is very bad because if 16Gb only that saves a lot of heat, cost, etc etc and money that could go to a beefier GPU.
But this is just so typical of Sony to cheap out that I'm somehow not fucking surprised or will be if this turn out to be real.

Let’s not get carried away with the “Sony known for cheapening out”... lol :).

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned

Code:
PS5

共有したい情報があります。

ソニーは今年少し静かになります

-PS5 99%発売、2020年11月
-下位互換性
- 物理ゲーム&PSストア
-8kアップスケーリング
-2tb hddなんらかのナンドフラッシュ

私が知っているPs4独占発売ゲーム

私たちの最後2 ps4 / ps5
対馬ゴーストps4 / ps5

非限定的なps5ゲーム2020

ハリーポッター
サイバーパンク

It smells like fake.

Shin

Banned
Probably not cheapening out but more about their design philosophy, spend little as possible make as much as possible.
Business 101 I guess and it works, but once again IF 9-10TF for a 2020-2027 console...IDK man mid-gen refresh again I suppose.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Probably not cheapening out but more about their design philosophy, spend little as possible make as much as possible.
Business 101 I guess and it works, but once again IF 9-10TF for a 2020-2027 console...IDK man mid-gen refresh again I suppose.

Well, PS3 was an example of the complete opposite and it bit them in the ass haha. I think PS4 was a good bet: it did push some. We technology hard, but avoided wasteful over engineering and co gained console cost to $399.

I think Sony generally goes for a bit more than cheapest possible part for the highest possible profit... agreeing to disagreeing :).

Airbus Jr

Litigate my emotions, daddy!

Code:
PS5

共有したい情報があります。

ソニーは今年少し静かになります

-PS5 99%発売、2020年11月
-下位互換性
- 物理ゲーム&PSストア
-8kアップスケーリング
-2tb hddなんらかのナンドフラッシュ

私が知っているPs4独占発売ゲーム

私たちの最後2 ps4 / ps5
対馬ゴーストps4 / ps5

非限定的なps5ゲーム2020

ハリーポッター
サイバーパンク

Bad Company 3 and GTA 6 gets me excited

Thanks for sharing

Dokku

A 10tF GPU is an absolute deal breaker for me, but it would make perfect sense if they're aiming for a $399 price point.

AMD Ryzen 8 Core, 10tF GPU, 16gb GDDR6 and 4gb GDDR4, 2tb HDD and so on for $399 is an insane value proposition even for November 2020.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
A 10tF GPU is an absolute deal breaker for me, but it would make perfect sense if they're aiming for a $399 price point.

AMD Ryzen 8 Core, 10tF GPU, 16gb GDDR6 and 4gb GDDR4, 2tb HDD and so on for $399 is an insane value proposition even for November 2020.
Wouldn't you had rather have 1TB that you could upgrade/replace later and let them use the money on the GPU?
As for PUBG it is a bit too specific for my taste, why that game and yet MS had it exclusively for 1 year also I think.

10tf I guess is a big boost. But everything keeps pointing to ms having 12tf. Big difference again it seems
10 to 12 is definetely not a big difference. It's basically like PS4 x XB1 (vanilla). The bigger the TF the bigger the difference has to be to make it really noticeable.

Imtjnotu

GDDR6 hum? HBM dream is almost death by now. Sony indeed is too quiet this year.
As I said in the ms thread, 16gb of hbm2 is $320 in the Radeon vii
10 to 12 is definetely not a big difference. It's basically like PS4 x XB1 (vanilla). The bigger the TF the bigger the difference has to be to make it really noticeable.
Sonits like the pro to one x. Big difference. Rdr2 showed this. Ps4 to xbone was 1.31-1.84. Half a tf. Not 2 or 3tf.

onQ123

Don't downplay 16-20 percent. We already have a 2tf difference and it has made a difference.

Not down playing it just informing you that it's only 20% .

2TF + 4GB more GDDR5 made a difference against 4TF because 2TF is half of 4TF but it's only 1/5 of 10TF

Dokku

Edit... quoted the wrong guy.

Shin Shin
Absolutely. But in 2020 the difference between a mechanical 1tb and 2tb drive will at best be a couple of bucks for Sony. I doubt those few bucks will make any sort of significant contribution to the power of the gpu.

Plus, I think 2tb is almost a given. If next gen is going to revolve around 4k assets a 1tb drive wouldn't last long.

Last edited:

magnumpy

one thing I know for sure (Bethesda has already said so) is that Elder Scrolls 6 won't come out until the next gen consoles arrive. so I wait... impatiently... :(

I don't care what hardware they use, I'm sure it will be great judging by PS4 Pro and XBox One X. if they're already that good with the mid gen refreshes, just imagine what next gen will be :eek:

I just hope like everyone else that they get a good CPU upgrade and a GPU what's capable of melting our eyes from our skulls. whether that's an ATI or Nvidia part, I'm sure either company would be more than happy to provide. ray-tracing/path-tracing is a big question, but Nvidia has already released their initial RT hardware and ATI has its Radeon rays initiative (coming soon, will definitely be ready by the time next-gen consoles get here) I think that's pretty much a lock for next gen systems. if GTX 2060 is already out there, and rumors for GTX 2050 already circling the internets, and like I said ATI already has their own plans for RT, so I have no doubt that next gen consoles will feature ray tracing/path tracing. it's the future of graphics, and honestly won't be taken full advantage of until it's in everyone's living room as the baseline. but man, that is a true killer feature for next gen systems! imagine how beautiful next-gen titles will be once devs get a hang of RT hardware D:

the only question is the release date, and I don't want to venture a guess there. could be 2020, or 2022, or even 2024. I think that's the latest we should expect to see them both (ok I lied, that's a guess but I think it's a reasonable one!) but I'm just speculating here with absolutely no insider knowledge xD

Airbus Jr

Litigate my emotions, daddy!
one thing I know for sure (Bethesda has already said so) is that Elder Scrolls 6 won't come out until the next gen consoles arrive. so I wait... impatiently... :(

I don't care what hardware they use, I'm sure it will be great judging by PS4 Pro and XBox One X. if they're already that good with the mid gen refreshes, just imagine what next gen will be :eek:

I just hope like everyone else that they get a good CPU upgrade and a GPU what's capable of melting our eyes from our skulls. whether that's an ATI or Nvidia part, I'm sure either company would be more than happy to provide. ray-tracing/path-tracing is a big question, but Nvidia has already released their initial RT hardware and ATI has its Radeon rays initiative (coming soon, will definitely be ready by the time next-gen consoles get here) I think that's pretty much a lock for next gen systems. if GTX 2060 is already out there, and rumors for GTX 2050 already circling the internets, and like I said ATI already has their own plans for RT, so I have no doubt that next gen consoles will feature ray tracing/path tracing. it's the future of graphics, and honestly won't be taken full advantage of until it's in everyone's living room as the baseline. but man, that is a true killer feature for next gen systems! imagine how beautiful next-gen titles will be once devs get a hang of RT hardware D:

the only question is the release date, and I don't want to venture a guess there. could be 2020, or 2022, or even 2024. I think that's the latest we should expect to see them both (ok I lied, that's a guess but I think it's a reasonable one!) but I'm just speculating here with absolutely no insider knowledge xD

Same here bro super hyped for TES VI

Good to see random japanese insider confirm the GTA 6 release window has moved up 2 years since the previous "leak" from the random swedish insider a few weeks ago.

I guess Rockstar is keeping all the other devs up to speed with weekly status meetings. Sounds like things are progressing well.

Good to see random japanese insider confirm the GTA 6 release window has moved up 2 years since the previous "leak" from the random swedish insider a few weeks ago.

I guess Rockstar is keeping all the other devs up to speed with weekly status meetings. Sounds like things are progressing well.
So insider 1 and 2 are two years apart? lol

Insiders are so trustworthy.

I'll put on my insider hat right now..... I'll go in the middle of them.

I'll add an additional self claimed insider leak..... GTA 6 will release in Sep or Oct too.

Last edited:

onQ123

Has this ever been posted before? Share Play through social media like facebook even if the people don't have a PlayStation

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2018004848&tab=PCTDESCRIPTION&maxRec=1000

PgabLK.jpg

iVmQwL.jpg

ZywyPL

Banned

It's about 7-9x more than (base) PS4/XB1. And if those consoles can pull out games like Horizon, UC, GoW, Gears, QB, RDR etc. then imagine what the devs will be able to do with such computing power.

I think people are downplaying the potential GPU power by measuring it by (heavily unoptimized) PC standards. Also bare in mind consoles don't run games on pointless ultra settings, more in the range of medium-high, which alone saves half of the computing power. And then again, the whole majority of PC crowd has a 6TF or less GPU, and yet suddenly 10TF is "not enough", hipocrisy at its finest I guess?

The next-gen consoles will do totally fine, because one thing is certain - we will finally get a balanced system, as oppose to all previous generations where something was always lacking, like tablet-grade CPU, tiny pool of RAM etc., this time around we won't get the situation where one part is heavily slowing down the others and/or seriously limiting the devs. I'm more than certain that once we see games build from the ground up for those newer system many jaws will drop.

onQ123

It's about 7-9x more than (base) PS4/XB1. And if those consoles can pull out games like Horizon, UC, GoW, Gears, QB, RDR etc. then imagine what the devs will be able to do with such computing power.

I think people are downplaying the potential GPU power by measuring it by (heavily unoptimized) PC standards. Also bare in mind consoles don't run games on pointless ultra settings, more in the range of medium-high, which alone saves half of the computing power. And then again, the whole majority of PC crowd has a 6TF or less GPU, and yet suddenly 10TF is "not enough", hipocrisy at its finest I guess?

The next-gen consoles will do totally fine, because one thing is certain - we will finally get a balanced system, as oppose to all previous generations where something was always lacking, like tablet-grade CPU, tiny pool of RAM etc., this time around we won't get the situation where one part is heavily slowing down the others and/or seriously limiting the devs. I'm more than certain that once we see games build from the ground up for those newer system many jaws will drop.

I think you misread his post he wasn't saying that 10 & 12TF are not a big difference to PS4 & Xbox One he was saying that from 10TF to 12TF isn't a big difference.

Lort

Banned
I think mem bandwidth will make a big difference the next gen ( it always has) but with such high res and bandwidth sucking fx expected maybe more so.

As I said in the ms thread, 16gb of hbm2 is $320 in the Radeon vii

Sonits like the pro to one x. Big difference. Rdr2 showed this. Ps4 to xbone was 1.31-1.84. Half a tf. Not 2 or 3tf.
1.31 to 1.84 is roughly a 40% difference though. 4.2 to 6TF is around 45% and 10TF to 12TF is just a 20% difference. It's simply math.

chinoXL

10-12TF would be good enough. a 1080ti is pushing 11 and change. that power with a real CPU upgrade and these machines will put out some sexy visuals..obviously more is better but even my 1080 non ti handles everything i throw at her and shes pushing 8ish TF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom