• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
AmxfDY7_d.jpg
Arm tattoo based off the “Guitar of Waves” from Majora’s Mask.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Got this done almost 2 years ago. My first and only tattoo to date (took 2 sessions to complete...I might extend the design across my chest...not sure yet):
Af2Rgdf.png

It was inspired by David Foster Wallace's "This is Water" commencement speech. I use it as a reminder to remember that everyone's going through some shit and not to take situations or people for granted.

Full Speech:

Abbreviated graphic version here:

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Got this done almost 2 years ago. My first and only tattoo to date (took 2 sessions to complete...I might extend the design across my chest...not sure yet):
Af2Rgdf.png

It was inspired by David Foster Wallace's "This is Water" commencement speech. I use it as a reminder to remember that everyone's going through some shit and not to take situations or people for granted.

Full Speech:

Abbreviated graphic version here:

Damn bro that’s original af and it looks fine how it is without the chest piece

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Damn bro that’s original af and it looks fine how it is without the chest piece
I like it as it stands now, but I do like the idea of kind of having the swirl of the fish and the resulting "water" design down my arm kind of stream out across my chest, but I feel like that's kind of just getting a tattoo for tattoos sake at that point.

I have some general idea of what I'd want to get done on my other arm, but I don't want the style to really clash with my left arm so I've got to go back to the same guy and work with him on it again...which would be totally fine by me...I have 15 hours of talking to him already and he's not boring at all.

And appreciate the comment, man. :)

Anasta

Neo Member
Hi ! Actually I'm thinking about getting a tattoo for a long time. But it's funny because i didn't get it yet. So I'm preparing for it about five years. So i made a conclusion for myself that tattoos are beautiful, it's very good looking but I don't want it so much...

When I turned 18 (1999) I went down the route of getting tattoos for the sake of having tattoos and as a result, I'm adorned with some shite. Started getting them again a couple of years ago from an actual artist and not the scratchers I dealt with back then. Working my way (slowly) through a gaming sleeve. Here's one of four I've had since. I'm using my artist's picture since it's hard as fuck to photograph your own arm with a phone.
JhkwOua.png

Darksol

Sup guys. I got my first tattoo today.

3462098915_383b47de3f_o.jpg

Somewhat of a parting gift to myself as I finally leave Japan. It's the kanji "mugen" which translates to "infinite". The artist (Kozuru) has his own studio in Kujo in Osaka. An incredibly talented artist. I'm glad he gave me something really stylized.

...they fucked up. Mugen is 無限 You only have two of the four strokes on the bottom half of the left kanji.

Top Bottom