• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

ari

Banned
jk4BaoW.jpg

Also have "Only God Can Judge Me" across my chest and Nasty Nate on my arm.

This is an amazing tattoo. I love the style and the tattooist is clearly very talented, you should be really proud of this.

Thank you, I love the tattoo and I love the artist, he's doing an incredible job. But that's exactly why I went to him, I'd seen his work and knew I didn't want anyone else. It's turning out better than I imagined, so very happy and can't wait till it's finished, possibly in just one more session!

Vortex566

Thank you, I love the tattoo and I love the artist, he's doing an incredible job. But that's exactly why I went to him, I'd seen his work and knew I didn't want anyone else. It's turning out better than I imagined, so very happy and can't wait till it's finished, possibly in just one more session!

I'm in the UK, can I ask which tattooist you went too?

I'm going to do something similar (I don't have kids yet but plan on it, so I'm leaving a blank spot on the arm)

I was wanting to do 2 bears down below my elbow to represent me and my spouse, both looking up into the night sky (on my shoulder) at the Ursa Major and Ursa minor bear constellations (to symbolize our eternity). In between I wanted to do something for each kid that we have in the future....probably a different bird or animal in the sky between the other 2 pieces.

I'm going to represent them through symbolism rather than words.

I finally made an appointment with an artist to discuss my idea and get a design going tomorrow. I've had this idea for a few years now and finally have enough funds set aside to do it. I decided to have the bears set by a river in front of some mountains since they are my favorite place to visit and where I hope to end up later in life. I've also had a kid since conceiving this idea, whose middle name is Aster, so we're gonna put in some Colorado aster flowers to symbolize her as well. I can't wait to get this done. It will by far be the biggest piece I've ever had done and its been almost 6 years since the last one. I'll post pics as soon asits underway.

So just had the 4th and final session on my comic sleeve. Like, literally just now so it's a bit pink. I'll post more pics in a few weeks when it's healed.

null_zps1bf5c0fb.jpg

null_zpsd0a03108.jpg

null_zpsd569c509.jpg

null_zpsf01e8547.jpg

null_zps2080118e.jpg

That looks awesome Musha! I should try to get some pictures of mine up.

Edit:

Here's one:

The woman was done a while before the plane, grass and sky etc was added, I think there was a year inbetween. The shoes hurt like a bastard as they are millimetres away from my kneecap.

Thigh Tattoo - Finished by Tyzer Tiger, on Flickr

Posted these in another thread and thought i'd post em here as well. Been working on this sleeve over the course of the past year. I love my artist, Mike, I wish my shitty iMac could do his work justice.

Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik ran me about 350 all together

TZNiFGH.jpg

bDMt2Co.jpg

Sub Zero and his ice background ran me about 300 as well

gCaAJDV.jpg

1P6CiSX.jpg

And Altered Beast was just done on Friday, the piece itself isn't done and doesn't have the background in, but this ran me 300 as well. He's gonna do the final touches on it for free.

mNYmKFg.jpg

obin_gam

Looking for some advice: I'm planning to get my fourth and final (for now) tattoo which will be a pin-up of Catwoman on my left upper arm. It will be in black&white with some shading. Maybe the lips will be red but that depends on the outcome, I generally dont like coloured tattoos.

I'm having trouble deciding over which picture to base the tattoo on. I have narrowed it down to these three. Which one do gaf think would work best?

The middle is my favourite, it's really too bad she is lying down :(
The third would be heavily modified to make it alot simpler and more like the first one in details.

Looking for some advice: I'm planning to get my fourth and final (for now) tattoo which will be a pin-up of Catwoman on my left upper arm. It will be in black&white with some shading. Maybe the lips will be red but that depends on the outcome, I generally dont like coloured tattoos.

I'm having trouble deciding over which picture to base the tattoo on. I have narrowed it down to these three. Which one do gaf think would work best?

The middle is my favourite, it's really too bad she is lying down :(
The third would be heavily modified to make it alot simpler and more like the first one in details.

For upper arm I'd say the last one

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yess :p oracrest has the same tattoo. Except I had to draw the whole thing only by looking at the pictures of his tattoo, which translated into this -

God damn it! I've had oracrest's pics saved for, like, two years because I wanted to do exactly what you just did. Tattoos are too expensive for me, though, and I'll probably never be able to get one. ;__;

Here's a bunch of the work I've had done within the past year and a half. I'm still trying to nail down a design for my 9th :D

So just had the 4th and final session on my comic sleeve. Like, literally just now so it's a bit pink. I'll post more pics in a few weeks when it's healed.

These are some of the best posted in a long time. Super awesome, both of you.

Does the tattoo use white ink too (on the sand trail, for example), or does it just look that way because of the blackwork on white skin? Either way, it's really striking, great work from your artist!

Does the tattoo use white ink too (on the sand trail, for example), or does it just look that way because of the blackwork on white skin? Either way, it's really striking, great work from your artist!

No white ink at all, I have very pale skin! Just black, black and different shades of black.

Got my first today, a pair of dice inspired by a poem I adore. I'll post pics once it's less puffy and gross. I'm also surprised by how relatively little it hurt. My leg was trembling from hearing the gun for the first time, but within a minute or two I was completely relaxed. I can see how easily this escalates, though, because I already have like half a dozen things I'd like to have done in mind.

Coda

photo_zps02b9bceb.jpg

I have an immense love to everything Platinum Games and I wanted a simple tattoo so I just got their logo on my wrist. I love it, so clean and simple.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I've got a Mario tattoo on my shoulder blade (which I love, maybe I'll manage to do a pic later on, it's raccoon Mario) that has to be redrawn by now (it's quite old).

I kinda want to expand it to a back/sleeve piece, but I'm not sure how to design something fitting. Options would be something gaming related that connects with me, or something entirely different (Manga/Music/Vocaloid/Cartoon-ish stuff, maybe even Pony-related, since I'd like stuff on my body that somewhat influenced me) with Mario being part of the scenery, I dunno, on a tv screen or something.
Now, why I am telling you this is: Would there be any serious tattoo artists on GAF who could help me figure out a general idea or even input some art ideas to me? Or people who can draw fucking great, but never did a tattoo before and wanna try?

Top Bottom