• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, and DOOM Eternal will be released on Steam (...and Fallout 76)

manfestival

AHAHAHA

edit: OP you better throw Fallout 76 in that title since that is the best part of this announcement.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Maybe Bethesda tok notice to the entire Epic Game Store shit storm that is happening, and the praise Microsoft got when they decided to release Halo MCC on Steam.

Meanwhile, Bethesda is giving Morrowind (classic) away free and the launcher is working like crap and log in via the website isn't working at all.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I'm especially pleased about Rage 2. Oh god thanks for the good news OP.
I mean, I'd be begrudgingly okay having to use their proprietary launcher, but hearing that something's coming to Steam and not taking that dirty Epic money is a big relief.

Maybe Bethesda tok notice to the entire Epic Game Store shit storm that is happening, and the praise Microsoft got when they decided to release Halo MCC on Steam.
Just you wait....

kjDk4zz.png

Starfield

but the question is do they release on steam on launch date or later???

Good on them. They are going the Microsoft route, nice of them.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Is this really the Microsoft route? Isn't this just the normal route?

Looks like voting with wallets work - hopefully we can starve EGS next until they start competing on being customer friendly instead of bribing developers.

fermcr

Predictable. Bethesda store isn't very successful.

I'm surprised they didn't make a exclusive deal with Epic $tore.

Stuart360

Epic will of already tied to get these games, make no mistake about that. The fact that this is an announcement makes me think that maybe they worked out a special deal with Steam.
Hopefully this is the sign of things to come. I did say this would happen after a while, once studios realize just how loyal a lot of Steam fans are.

In a tweet this morning Bethesda assured fans that their upcoming releases would indeed be releasing on Steam. Honestly after all the negative press these guys have been getting over their screw ups this is exactly the kind of thing they need in the midst of all the Epic store exclusives controversy.

NickFire

In a tweet this morning Bethesda assured fans that their upcoming releases would indeed be releasing on Steam. Honestly after all the negative press these guys have been getting over their screw ups this is exactly the kind of thing they need in the midst of all the Epic store exclusives controversy.

Does Steam know they are bringing 76 to the party? And if they do, did they actually authorize suggesting that is a good thing?

Steam have a tiered system for revenue split, but I'm not sure that included microtransactions and DLC, which I wouldn't be surprised if Valve have re-evaluated and changed based on how the EGS handles uPlay games.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Fantastic news. Went from not caring when they're released to day-1 purchases for both Doom and RAGE. Great job Bethesda!

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
This is the first I'm hearing of Wolfenstein: Youngblood. I'm disappointed that they're skipping the revolution, I wanted to turn Nazis and Klansmen into gibs, free some slaves, and storm the Whitehouse to drive out the Nazis.

PhoenixTank

This is good to hear. Looking forward to Doom and Rage 2 the most.

There is a new* Wolfenstein: Youngblood teaser image too!
RmKvRYZ.jpg

Not new at all, sorry! I might've edited the image slightly ;D

Rage 2 will be available launch date on steam, it's already up for pre-order. Dunno about the others, they're not on the store yet for pre-purchase.

-MD-

But papa Epic told me Metro outsold the previous one by 250%. Surely papa wouldn't lie to me.

Stuart360

But papa Epic told me Metro outsold the previous one by 250%. Surely papa wouldn't lie to me.
Supposed 'insiders' on Reddit were saying that it was actually the 'Redux' version of Last Light Epic were comparing Exodus to, which would explain the super duper 250% better, but no actual numbers. I t would also explain how the game did super duper 250% better than Last Light, yet Exodus isn't even in the Top 10 for game sales this year, while 'bombs' like Anthem are no.2, and Jump Force even makes the Top 10 lol.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Really good lineup from an FPS standpoint hopefully they can have Metro sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom