• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rain World |OT| Concrete Jungle

JamesPrimate

Neo Member
its sooooooo gross

A "dropwig"
EquatorialCourageousAuklet.gif

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Didn't realize it was on sale on PSN. Can't pass it up at $10. That's always been my weak spot for digital only games. Add it to the backlog!

Crispy75

Great to see this is still alive! I thought the difficulty update was going to arrive a lot sooner - they've lost a lot of momentum. :/

Perhaps a soft relaunch of the game is needed?

One of the devs had a wrist injury that prevented work for a bit. Besides that, it's been hideous crunch for years for both of them, so I think they're allowed some slack :)

From the devlog:

Update is still going, and going well actually! It just takes a while since now everybody is working on other projects, as well as, you know, life, etc etc. (3 years of crunch is plenty, believe me!) But...we actually have a new hard deadline coming up soon though, so you will be seeing all manner of new things in the very near future.

Terenty

I just beat Rain World and im in awe. Seriously why the f nobody is talking about this game? Its a goddamn masterpiece, and a masterclass in game design, one of the best i've ever played no doubt. Yes its brutal, but so is Dark Souls and imho Rain World is ten times more ambitious in its design.

It seriously boggles my mind how a team of three could create such an enormous game with such high production values. These guys are clearly geniuses, there's no other explanation. With a budget of ~ 80 thousand they created a game that shits on all other kickstarters combined.

Oh well, the world is unfair, i just hope the devs will keep on working on the game.

petran79

Banned
I just beat Rain World and im in awe. Seriously why the f nobody is talking about this game? Its a goddamn masterpiece, and a masterclass in game design, one of the best i've ever played no doubt. Yes its brutal, but so is Dark Souls and imho Rain World is ten times more ambitious in its design.

It seriously boggles my mind how a team of three could create such an enormous game with such high production values. These guys are clearly geniuses, there's no other explanation. With a budget of ~ 80 thousand they created a game that shits on all other kickstarters combined.

Oh well, the world is unfair, i just hope the devs will keep on working on the game.

Actually this was perhaps the most terrifying game I played. I am genuinely scared to progress any further. Reached 3 save point I think

Terenty

Actually this was perhaps the most terrifying game I played. I am genuinely scared to progress any further. Reached 3 save point I think

True, i often thought the game felt like a survival horror without explicitly being one. I would suggest you to keep on playing, its more than worth it.

Is it difficult in a good way or in a bullshit way?

I went back to check this out after they did the Monk (easy mode) update. I still couldn't make it anywhere, it's a bit too obtuse. The game is gorgeous though, I need to follow a guide or something and beat it.

Terenty

Is it difficult in a good way or in a bullshit way?

As the creatures roam the world relatively freely there are situations when the path is blocked and you have to either wait it out or try to find the alternative route. Usually there are several ways to progress.

I would suggest going in blind because discovering everything on your own is one of the great things about the game.

One tip i would give though, when you start the game go upwards to the next region (industrial complex) otherwise you will have to traverse through the most difficult area in the game (drainage system)

Top Bottom