• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE Twitter confirms Jill Valentine has decelerated aging.

Power Pro

The problem I have is that it doesn't only make her have "slowed aging", but it just looks like a lazy asset reuse of the model from RE3. Maybe upgraded with some more details, but it still just looks ripped out of it with even those same clothes.

Also it's completely ignoring the 8 years that took place between RE3 and when she actually got infected. This model looks really good, but I still got a soft spot (and a hard one) for Julia Voth Jill, and I kept hoping they were gonna bring her back before RE3R came out.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Valentines Day Smile GIF by CAPCOM
resident evil jill GIF
No Touching Video Game GIF by CAPCOM
video games jill GIF

Roni

Thought the whole point of remaking the games and streamlining the story was to avoid/remove stupid shit like this...

Last edited:

CGNoire

But this is the best Jill has ever looked?
This face model is super impressive.
Going through RE3R I kept marveling at how beautiful this chick actually is, one of the first game character models that I actually thought to myself hol'up im attracted to polygons?

Then I realized the face model actually is a stunner and games have just gotten good enough to actually represent human faces well.

\
maxresdefault.jpg
While othere fawned over blocky Lara Croft tits i never found any characters in video games remotely hot till Quantum Break's female cop. But this game was a revelation. 1st time I spent most of game being god damm this model is pleasing on the eyes. Thinking to myself "we have finally arrived" ;)

Last edited:
They probably had no idea or didnt want to portray an older jill and make her lose her sex appeal.
In the re5 dlc I think she said something along the lines of I can feel myself getting older.

consoul

"left some psychological scars"
Oh well, it's a small price to pay for slowed aging. All in all, I think Umbrella Corp are doing good work.

Jada_Li

I'm just going to skip this and the rest of the future CGI RE movies that I'm no longer interested in. I am a RE fan and own most RE game titles and I cannot understand how these recent CGI RE movies/series (Vendetta/Infinite Darkness/Death Island) gets so praised for the absolute lack of suspension of belief, yes according to RE game logic that is, yet the Resident Evil Netflix series, a decent spin-off in my opinion, gets axed which to me follows along with the logic of RE games and scenarios than these new CGI RE movies that's supposed to be canon. The only canon ones to me are Degeneration and Damnation and everything else after those two I'm just going to ignore because of the strong inconsistency between the game's logic and the character's personalities and/or actions.

Some examples of inconsistencies:

Vendetta
-Chris and Leon both acting like immature kids arguing over whose loss was more while a mature Rebecca is the one to get them to settle their disputes and focus on the problem at hand. Um, the way I see it and how Chris and Leon are written in game, they wouldn't do that. But I get they were trying to go for that Chris VS Leon scene in RE6 but that made sense because Leon loves "Ada" and Ada loves Leon and they both ended up forming a soul tie during the events of the Raccoon City zombie outbreak. Anyway both Chris and Leon are sensible and know how to work out their differences in goals maturely as evidenced in RE6.

-Why throw Rebecca into the story out of no where and then have her be the damsel in distress of an unusual plot that makes no sense whatsoever for the antagonist because she looks like his deceased wife. Excuse me what? Not to mention he killed so many innocent people directing his anger at all the wrong people...again Huh?

-Since when does Leon ever have a whole team to command like Chris? I'm not saying that's not a possibility within a future game but so far Leon has been sent in alone or with a partner (Leon and Krauser-Operation Javier) or teamed up with someone as the scenario calls for it such as Ada from time to time, Luis Serra and then there's Helena.

Infinite Darkness
-How does it make any sense that Jason kills Shenmei and literally spares Leon makes no sense at all. But that's not even all why this makes no sense and is poorly written.

-Since when was Leon ever attracted to Claire? Though some claim Leon is flirting with her in RE2 which is not what it looks like to me but the other way around. Just because he's happy she's alive doesn't mean he's flirting, lol. Remember Leon always has this thing where he tries to save everyone. The reason he became a cop was to help people, to serve and protect. In fact you can tell in RE2 the moment when Leon was impressed by Ada capability of handling not only herself but helping him out. Speaking of, I hope in the RE4 they reference the keeping of the score from RE2, lol. But if not that's cool too. Additionally during the end scene in RE4 Ashley gets turned down by Leon and then brings up it's the other woman isn't it, so why would Leon be asking Shenmei out in 2006? Though Leon and Ada's relationship seems...complex to say the least, in 2011 (Damnation) they seemed to be hinting at they definitely had started perhaps seeing each other or something but didn't have the time really. Though I'm sure Ada can easily get the number of anyone through her research, she did have Leon's number in RE6 when she sent him a text.

It's like Child's Play being a horror classic and then these new remakes are comedic and just a whole different vibe...I know it can't be just me. Regardless I'm just going to stick with the video games and hope the developers at Capcom continue to keep the story and its characters consistent with what they already established. Though I think I am noticing that the REmakes have more of a purpose than fan requests, as I observe there's a few changes or clarifications to the story which I think will set up the future of RE. Perhaps RE9. Or at least the overall plot thus far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom