• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redesigns that are just awful.

I find it fascinating when existed characters get redesigns that never really improve the design and are frequently poorly received. The more I think about it the more I remember.

4fTRhMR.jpg

IdRczcg.jpg

4qeM7M6.jpg

SJEyyvG.jpg

YLXoUJa.jpg

PjfKueE.jpg

It seems so counter intuitive. I can't for the life of me understand the reasoning or logic. Did no one step in and say "This is bad, stop"?

Any other examples GAF? Additional any examples of the opposite?

kikiribu

I will say that the weirdest redesign I've seen recently is this:

resident_evil_7_chris_redfield_dlc_shot_3.jpg

That's supposed to be Chris from Resident Evil and it makes no sense because everyone knows he's a dark-haired man with a completely different facial structure than that:

712ec1b51714e99a0e20a863420e8e11.png

chris_redfield__bsaa____resident_evil_hd_render_by_yukizm-d9tz247.png

Chris-Redfield-Resident-Evil-5-video-games-38770064-500-327.jpg

And why make him blonde? Leon wasn't enough?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I will say that the weirdest redesign I've seen recently is this:

And why make him blonde? Leon wasn't enough?

blonde? looks like its white hair, as someone older would have.

SoulUnison

Banned
Oh hey, look, someone posting that cracked-out non-final concept art version of DmC Dante again. I thought we were past this.

It one thing to not like the redesign, but don't misrepresent it to try to legitimize your opinion.

Why do people keep posting DmC images not even in the damn game.

Afraid the redesign that actually released is better? (It is).

Maybe the got rid of the facial bruising but the redesign is still pretty poor.

DMC-DE-3.png

Entirely different facial structure, Black Hair, Union Flag on his jacket even though he has zero connection to the UK, Deep neck wife beater, Iconic red coat is black and some dumb necklace because?

I mean sure OG Dante had faults but he was iconic. Easily distinguishable. The redesign went from Heroine Addict to Indie front man.

dmc_devil_may_cry_dante_and_kat__by_xolyax-d8a2rvs.jpg

Top Bottom