• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

StuBurns said:
On 8-4play they said the project has changed directors. They didn't say it like a joke so I don't know if it was a reference to TTP.

KojiPro's silence on the project should indicate that something has gone on. Konami's president said we'll get details later this year, so we should find out exactly what has happened to the project.

duckroll

We're not going to ban anyone, but here's what I will agree to personally. If they eventually announce full details on Rising (assuming it doesn't get canned), and it is a completely internal Kojima Productions game, with the same staff as it was announced, then jett can lead a team of people who want to join in from this thread to design a fitting avatar and tag which I will use on myself and TTP, from that point until Rising is released.

If Rising is eventually canned, or developed by another developer outside of KojiPro, then obviously something went badly and there might have indeed been some truth to the rumor, just that Platinum eventually did not end up making it.

If Rising is announced as a Platinum Games title by Kamiya, then Inaba is a fucking liar, like most JP producers, and I expect jett to repeat that as often as possible!

How's that?

Edit: To clarify, I'm accepting it as fact at the moment that somewhere along the way this rumor has proven to be a dud. But I do not think it was ever shared in bad faith, nor is it clear to me that there is no truth whatsoever to it. Since nothing was actually announced about Rising and they kept dancing around it, I feel that it would in fact be in bad faith to punish anyone (including myself!) since we don't really know what's going on with the project right now.

Once it is cleared up, I would be happy to be part of the mocking party for stating that I feel there is weight on TTP's source.

Gravijah

duckroll said:
We're not going to ban anyone, but here's what I will agree to personally. If they eventually announce full details on Rising (assuming it doesn't get canned), and it is a completely internal Kojima Productions game, with the same staff as it was announced, then jett can lead a team of people who want to join in from this thread to design a fitting avatar and tag which I will use on myself and TTP, from that point until Rising is released.

If Rising is eventually canned, or developed by another developer outside of KojiPro, then obviously something went badly and there might have indeed been some truth to the rumor, just that Platinum eventually did not end up making it.

If Rising is announced as a Platinum Games title by Kamiya, then Inaba is a fucking liar, like most JP producers, and I expect jett to repeat that as often as possible!

How's that?

Exciting!

jett

D-Member
duckroll said:

How's that?

Otacon_Pixel_by_supridiot.gif

Honestly I wish TTP's rumor was right and that Inaba is lying out of his ass. :p

It's been a while since I've seen a mod-enforced change in a member's identifiers (last time saw the birth of 'Expendable.') so I'm hyped. Let's hope Inaba is pulling a David Jaffe, for all of our sakes.

ferr

I don't mean to be a cynical asshole, but TTP does have a site to promote. I don't know TTP, and I understand duckroll apparently knows the source, but it just seemed like a fishy situation.

duckroll

ferr said:
I don't mean to be a cynical asshole, but TTP does have a site to promote. I don't know TTP, and I understand duckroll apparently knows the source, but it just seemed like a fishy situation.

And after 3 years Kojima Productions being unable to say or show anything remotely substantial about Rising is not fishy?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Worst of all is, Rising is supposed to be set before MGS4. Who cares about a game set before MGS4 anymore?

ferr

duckroll said:
And after 3 years Kojima Productions being unable to say or show anything remotely substantial about Rising is not fishy?
I wouldn't consider it too rare for a game to get that kind of treatment (Versus comes to mind).. but yeah that amount of time is pretty severe.

duckroll

ferr said:
I wouldn't consider it too rare for a game to get that kind of treatment (Versus comes to mind).. but yeah that amount of time is pretty severe.

Versus is taking a long, long time to make. But the people making it still talk about it from time to time, and they've taken a lot of effort to specifically show that the game is in fact being made and is playable, and there is content, but they're simply not ready to start promoting it yet.

I would say Rising's presence so far is pretty much on par with Ubisoft's I am Alive, or Beyond Good & Evil 2. Definitely very, very troubled. When Kojima would rather show off a totally unrelated tech demo running on a new internal engine, instead of showing any footage or updates on Rising at all, I would consider it to be pretty suspicious.

beast786

duckroll said:

How's that?

Edit: To clarify, I'm accepting it as fact at the moment that somewhere along the way this rumor has proven to be a dud. But I do not think it was ever shared in bad faith, nor is it clear to me that there is no truth whatsoever to it. Since nothing was actually announced about Rising and they kept dancing around it, I feel that it would in fact be in bad faith to punish anyone (including myself!) since we don't really know what's going on with the project right now.

Once it is cleared up, I would be happy to be part of the mocking party for stating that I feel there is weight on TTP's source.
honestly what is the point of any pinishment. Obviously the rumor was not based on trolling .

Just like any other rumors, like ign etc.

There is a reason it was not confirmmed and under rumor.

StuBurns

Banned
They said they're going to have big news this fall about the game, I'm wondering if we'll get some sort of tech demo on the ZoE HD game. I wouldn't be surprised if they really don't know what do with the project.

duckroll

beast786 said:
honestly what is the point of any pinishment. Obviously the rumor was not based on trolling .

Just like any other rumors, like ign etc.

There is a reason it was not confirmmed and under rumor.

It's all in good fun. I'm not taking any of this very seriously, and I hope no one else is. Getting worked up over a game is silly, but it's pretty harmless to get cake on the face over something like this.

It also makes TGS more exciting.

duckroll said:
It's all in good fun. I'm not taking any of this very seriously, and I hope no one else is. Getting worked up over a game is silly, but it's pretty harmless to get cake on the face over something like this.

It also makes TGS more exciting.
TGS 11 should be the best ever.
MGS: Rising, The Last Guardian and FFVersusXIII

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Is there any chance that Kojipor guys put it on hold and were just waiting for Fox Engine to be completed so they port Rising to it?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Totobeni said:
Is there any chance that Kojipor guys put it on hold and were just waiting for Fox Engine to be completed so they port Rising to it?

Wasn't Rising supposed to be build on the Fox Engine? Since they said it would be a new engine and all.

Varth

ferr said:

You don't mean, but you (EDIT: like many others, actually) *are* being a cynical asshole in this case. Reputation should be valued more than position, but I understand on GAF anyone working on a magazine or a site is automatically a liar and a click-beggar.

If we don't hear anything from Kamiya this TGS (Rising or not, I don't even care anymore) I'm gonna choke a bitch.

And I second that heart attack comment. Damn!

-Eddman-

Bows to TTP, respect.

Reminds me of the guy who predicted MKvsDC and the people who threw shit at him and the funny calendar drawing crushed posted afterwards.

jett

D-Member
TTP revengeanced all over this thread., I bow to him. :bow

Sucks this "dream game" doesn't look like I would've expected.

also: Inaba is a fucking liar!

Top Bottom