• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUSSIA 2055 - futuristic military First Person Shooter game.

kevm3

I like everything except the overly shaky camera angles. Maybe it's trying to be cinematic, but it's kind of annoying. I find it hard to believe that one guy was capable of making all of this.

scalman

trailers and videos looks cool and all but main question is it story driven does it have tons NPC does it have good AI dialogs and missions. not just some coop gameplay because with coop comes empty games that you must make your own fun with friends. and thats not good. look at just released Generation Zero , its just boring game with empty open world

Terenty

trailers and videos looks cool and all but main question is it story driven does it have tons NPC does it have good AI dialogs and missions. not just some coop gameplay because with coop comes empty games that you must make your own fun with friends. and thats not good. look at just released Generation Zero , its just boring game with empty open world

The game is being made by one person, ofcourse the answer to all your questions is a big no

mcz117chief

Looks like scanning photogrammetry is being used for realistic scenery. Less a 'game', more a pitch or proof of concept demo.
From what has been seen I agree. Most of it definitely felt like a tech demo. But now he is saying he is looking for youtubers and twitchers to test his game, so there obviously must be something to play if he is willing to go public like that.

Armorian

Banned
Or at least Cybernetic -Putin.

1057242730.jpg

Robotic-Vlad-Putin--118935.jpg

Dontero

Banned
Looks like scanning photogrammetry is being used for realistic scenery. Less a 'game', more a pitch or proof of concept demo.

If it is on Cryengine default package is FPS module where you can literally swap up some thing and change some things and you have actual FPS game. This would explain why animation, fx and other stuff is shitty looking because those things are need to be made by hand.

It is not 99, making superb looking environments is no longer hard task when you have plethora of engines around.
By comparison creating environments in mario on NES required actual engineering because they didn't have enough memory to even fit whole mario sprite let alone whole level.

scalman

i see problem here being just one man team or even couple persons, yes you can make gameplay but nothing esle then , no story no dialogs or missions no emotions , thats why we have tons of those "survival" fps gamees that are so empty and blank that no graphic can save them . so only thing that could work on this type of game is multiplayer where you just make map you make rules weapons and gameplay and then people just runing around shooting each other.
NMS was made ny one guy at first and then maybe 2 guys, and at beggining it was pretty damn empty i would say
imagine how better this game would be if large team now would make good story for it

Last edited:

God Enel

There won't be Russia in 2055. Sure of it.
Are you coming from this thread?

Top Bottom