• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shmups |OT| DoDonMuchihimetruxton Arrange v1.5

Hudo

I've recently played this:

Came for the (genius) title, stayed for the gameplay (a while, at least. It's OK).

Hudo

K KAOS Thanks for linking. Have you tried it yet, and if so, any impressions?

Hudo Hudo Never heard of 'Hotdog Storm'. Seems like a cool curiosity. How did you stumble across it?
I was actually talking (via overly complicated means) to one of the dudes responsible for the "Replay Burners" channel. And the game got mentioned. As soon as I heard the title, I was like "Man, that sounds delicious." Sadly, you are not literally flying a hotdog-spaceship, shooting mayonnaise (or ketchup) while avoiding pickles while being in a storm.

KAOS

DunDunDunpachi:

The game is not bad but it has a leveling up system that I wish was more fleshed out. It can get tough pretty quick. The visuals are decent. The audio could be better and the play mechanics are not bad but the game progress is effected by the the leveling up system.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Art for a "limited edition packaging" of ESP Ra.de, which M2 has already confirmed they are working to port to a modern platform(s).

This game is noteworthy in that it is one of CAVE's only shmups to never see a home release, neither physically nor digitally. Hoping for some more news soon. This game is really, really good and any shmup fan should try it out.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Another neat freebie is Blue Wish Resurrection Plus if you don't mind bullet hell but the others I posted before are cooler I think.

Last edited:

zenspider

Anyone here try Black Bird? I grabbed it on sale for 9.99 USD on the eShop, and it's really fun. It's a Defender style shmup with a combo multiplier and really unique aesthetics - think Nier: Automata's Abandoned Amusement Park by way of Tim Burton.

Default mode is 1cc w/ ranking, and you can 'Practice' via stage select. A proper ass arcade style.

Judging by the leaderboards it didn't make a splash outside Japan, but if you want something fun with a really unique tone I think it's great fun for the price.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Anyone here try Black Bird? I grabbed it on sale for 9.99 USD on the eShop, and it's really fun. It's a Defender style shmup with a combo multiplier and really unique aesthetics - think Nier: Automata's Abandoned Amusement Park by way of Tim Burton.

Default mode is 1cc w/ ranking, and you can 'Practice' via stage select. A proper ass arcade style.

Judging by the leaderboards it didn't make a splash outside Japan, but if you want something fun with a really unique tone I think it's great fun for the price.
Haven't tried it yet but I've heard good things from folks in the various shmup communities. Seems like the combo multiplier has a lot of nifty caveats which gives the game some legs if you play for score.

zenspider

Two days ago finished Sky Force Anniversary on PSV. I really like it. Not so hard, not so easy. Very nice and fun game.

Sky Force is like the definition of a solid-ass old-school shooter. The sequel Reloaded is really good as well, but the soundtrack isn't quite on the same level.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Iconoclast is one of the legends in the Western shmup community, having put up big scores for many well-known shmups.

Mah boi Mark_MSX interviews him and discusses the new Ketsui DeathTiny on PS4. If you want to learn more about the game's scoring systems, give it a listen.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Dangan GB has been released for free to celebrate the Nintendo Game Boy's 30th anniversary.

0ZJNJD.png

sA%2FFc9.png
%2BWVLKe.png

ZwB0Ws.png

Plays fine via emulator but also should play on original hardware, according to the devs. Players hoping to use a genuine Game Boy will have to upload the ROM to a flashcart or something similar.

Hudo

That Compile one is great. I especially like the concept art at the end:

compileroots13.jpg

I'll have to read the Layer Section interview later today when I get some spare time.

Thanks for sharing! These are excellent resources.
Yeah. that artwork is awesome. I find in general that concept art of (japanese) Shmups tends to be like catnip for someone who is really into mechanical design.

For example some stuff from Soukyuugurentai (Raizing):

There's even a manga (freely available) of Mahou Daisakusen (Raizing). Pretty high quality scanlation work there.

Bonus: Not sure where I got that from (it's not mine, sadly) but some Shmups had some very classy box art (Ikaruga also comes to mind):

silentstorm

Holy crap, how the hell did i not know about this thread before!?

Anyways, i am a big shump fan, there is just something about the genre i simply adore, probably the fact that it's simple, straight to the point but still requires skill and practice to beat.

As for the games i am playing, i have been really enjoying ZeroRanger, like, i think it's one of my top 5 favorite games of 2018, it's just so damn good, heartily recommend that game to everyone.

I also recently bough Trouble Witches episode 1 because i remember enjoying the Trouble Witches Doujin game, though i still have yet to play this one, also thinking about buying the Cotton DLC because that's awesome.

And also bought Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo, mostly because it looked like a fun game.

As for something i am waiting for with excitement, BLUE REVOLVER's free update, Double Action, which basically changes/updates/adds to the whole game, looks really awesome and i already enjoyed the original game, sure, the free update has been taking a while, but there was recently a trailer which looks great:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Holy crap, how the hell did i not know about this thread before!?

Anyways, i am a big shump fan, there is just something about the genre i simply adore, probably the fact that it's simple, straight to the point but still requires skill and practice to beat.

As for the games i am playing, i have been really enjoying ZeroRanger, like, i think it's one of my top 5 favorite games of 2018, it's just so damn good, heartily recommend that game to everyone.

I also recently bough Trouble Witches episode 1 because i remember enjoying the Trouble Witches Doujin game, though i still have yet to play this one, also thinking about buying the Cotton DLC because that's awesome.

And also bought Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo, mostly because it looked like a fun game.

As for something i am waiting for with excitement, BLUE REVOLVER's free update, Double Action, which basically changes/updates/adds to the whole game, looks really awesome and i already enjoyed the original game, sure, the free update has been taking a while, but there was recently a trailer which looks great:

Welcome to the thread! If you play any other new shmups or post a great score in one of your favorites, be sure to update the thread.

I really wish ketsui wasn't region locked on 360, I have the disc but can't use it lol.

Also bug princess 1 and DS 2
Yeah, it stinks how so many great 360 shmups are region-locked.

silentstorm

Welcome to the thread! If you play any other new shmups or post a great score in one of your favorites, be sure to update the thread.
Thanks, i will try to do so because i enjoy shumps, they are easily one of my favorite genres.

Anyways, can one do some rec's in this thread?

Because there are two shumps available on Steam that i enjoy that through a quick search don't seem to have been mentioned here.

The first is Judgment Silversword- Ressurection-
ss_ac73b41ef6dfd6f3794b569f53159cf82c08e63b.jpg

The name may be familiar to some of you, and yes, this is a port of one WonderSwan game...two actually.

They were games made for competitions for the Wonderswan and won awards with them being considered the best or some of the best games on the Wonderswan, and now they are available on PC!

The two games are Judgment Sword, basically a really fun game with great soundtrack about you being a ship killing everything in your path, and Cardinal Sins, which is a Score Trial Marathon where you go through various stages based on the Seven Deadly Sins, all in a shump form of course, that one is also pretty fun and has a good soundtrack.

As for the other game, that would be Eschatos:
ss_f871ef918ac97ebfd97a503488c4340a2dd9857b.1920x1080.jpg

This game is basically the spiritual sucessor to Judgment Silversword, having many of the same mechanics behind it, but at it's heart it's a really good shump with a great soundtrack.

Oh, and has anyone played Ether Vapor?

Because much like Ether Vapor, Eschatos loves to change camera angles a lot, which i find neat.

Sorry if i can't recommend games, just felt like talking about them.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Thanks, i will try to do so because i enjoy shumps, they are easily one of my favorite genres.

Anyways, can one do some rec's in this thread?

Because there are two shumps available on Steam that i enjoy that through a quick search don't seem to have been mentioned here.

The first is Judgment Silversword- Ressurection-
ss_ac73b41ef6dfd6f3794b569f53159cf82c08e63b.jpg

The name may be familiar to some of you, and yes, this is a port of one WonderSwan game...two actually.

They were games made for competitions for the Wonderswan and won awards with them being considered the best or some of the best games on the Wonderswan, and now they are available on PC!

The two games are Judgment Sword, basically a really fun game with great soundtrack about you being a ship killing everything in your path, and Cardinal Sins, which is a Score Trial Marathon where you go through various stages based on the Seven Deadly Sins, all in a shump form of course, that one is also pretty fun and has a good soundtrack.

As for the other game, that would be Eschatos:
ss_f871ef918ac97ebfd97a503488c4340a2dd9857b.1920x1080.jpg

This game is basically the spiritual sucessor to Judgment Silversword, having many of the same mechanics behind it, but at it's heart it's a really good shump with a great soundtrack.

Oh, and has anyone played Ether Vapor?

Because much like Ether Vapor, Eschatos loves to change camera angles a lot, which i find neat.

Sorry if i can't recommend games, just felt like talking about them.
Feel free to make recommendations and discuss. This thread isn't meant to be comprehensive but is meant to be a hub for talking about the genre since threads about individual shmups would sink like a rock.

I haven't played any of the ones you mentioned but I have played Astebreed which is the follow up to Ether Vapor.

silentstorm

Great, anyways, Astebreed is a great shump but you already mentioned it, but seriously, of the shumps i mentioned and have actually played(unlike Trouble Witches Episode 1 and Mecha Ritz), i really recommend Judgement Silversword, it's two great WonderSwan shumps for the price of one in your PC, Eschatos is really awesome and fun.

ZeroRanger is just really cool(and it's beginner friendly since it allows you to pick up any stage you have gone to even if you died at the latest stage with all continues and any layout you desire...and you can still obtain the true ending, the game doesn't force you to 1CC the game to experience the true final boss and ending) and it's a game where your ship can turn into a mecha which is always awesome.

BLUE REVOLVER is great, and it's also newbie friendly with it having a hardcore mode...or a beginner mode or one with dynamic difficulty, where the better you play, the harder it gets, BUT...the Double Action update is coming and it's going to add a lot of stuff to the game while changing quite a bit, so i say to wait for it even if the game without the update is already pretty enjoyable.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Zero Ranger was a pretty big success in the shmup community, it seems. I've seen nothing but praise for it.

I'm definitely geeked for Double Action coming out because I thought even the base game was really good. It's great that so many shmups are getting attention nowadays. More people are getting into the genre all the time, partially due to the growing retro/collectors craze.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Pretty fun episode (it's only part 1, though). There were a few in there I'd never heard of.

He also shows off the manuals and compares the Japanese and Western versions.

Last edited:

silentstorm

I get it, Nintendo, i have already tried someone else's Switch and i am already sparing money for it, you don't need to sell me on the console any more than you already did.

Welp, add another game to get on the Swtich once i finally get one.

Interestingly enough, looking at Rolling Gunner online, i see that it isn't being sold in any digital store, but the developer has been kind enough to actually sell the game online:
http://www.7-iro.org/store/index.htm
It does seem to be a physical copy even, with no option for a digital version, so if someone wants to buy it, they will have to pay for shipping and wait for the game which i guess is fine for everyone who really likes having physical copies of games.

It seems to be something like 22.60 euros for the PC version, and it will very likely be cheaper than the Switch version...wonder if this game will be on the Nintendo Eshop?

Anyways, found out about this little homebrew gem for the Master System called Flight Of Pigarus:
FlightOfPigarus-SMS-1.png

It's a fun little shump where you play for a few minutes and try to obtain the best score you can, best of all, unlike some homebrew games, this one is FREE, and it's genuinely good and fun, so i say it's worth a try.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I get it, Nintendo, i have already tried someone else's Switch and i am already sparing money for it, you don't need to sell me on the console any more than you already did.

Welp, add another game to get on the Swtich once i finally get one.

Interestingly enough, looking at Rolling Gunner online, i see that it isn't being sold in any digital store, but the developer has been kind enough to actually sell the game online:
http://www.7-iro.org/store/index.htm
It does seem to be a physical copy even, with no option for a digital version, so if someone wants to buy it, they will have to pay for shipping and wait for the game which i guess is fine for everyone who really likes having physical copies of games.

It seems to be something like 22.60 euros for the PC version, and it will very likely be cheaper than the Switch version...wonder if this game will be on the Nintendo Eshop?

Anyways, found out about this little homebrew gem for the Master System called Flight Of Pigarus:
FlightOfPigarus-SMS-1.png

It's a fun little shump where you play for a few minutes and try to obtain the best score you can, best of all, unlike some homebrew games, this one is FREE, and it's genuinely good and fun, so i say it's worth a try.
Never heard of Flight of Pigarus! Thanks for sharing with the thread.

Regarding Rolling Gunner, a surprising number of doujin shmups are released on physical format...

However, it is my hunch that the Switch version will be eShop only. I'd be all over a physical version.

Zero Ranger's devs hinted at a console(s) port, but nothing is official.

Last edited:

silentstorm

Yeah, there are thankfully a few doujin shumps that get a physical release or have the developer realize not everyone can go to Comiket and making it available on places like Steam.

Sadly, i only have a laptop at the moment and it genuinely doesn't have a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive at all, so a physical version of Rolling Thunder is...worthless to me at the moment, i guess i could buy an external drive but i would rather spare the money for the future or to buy a Switch.

silentstorm

Hmm, don't know if this counts as a shump or not but i enjoy Super Weekend Mode:
ss_d0379a96663b021bced482e24a1269f0ee46f906.1920x1080.jpg

It's a cheap PC game on places like Steam that is kinda like a mix of shumps with rythm games, good soundtrack and MSX inspired graphics.

Basically, you control two paddles that can shoot at the boss while collecting hearts and avoiding enemies, if you miss a heart, the screen gets shorter and the boss becomes harder as there is less time to prepare and if the screen gets short enough, you are basically crushed, and if you get hit...well you lose one life.

There are also power-ups, different characters with different playstyles to use and it's a fun game which at full price on Steam is...2,39 euros.

Again, don't know if this counts as a shump or not, but it's a game about shooting bosses, dodging fast projectiles, it just has some elements of rythm with you having to collect hearts.

Oh, and it's all done in 3 buttons, two buttons to control the two paddles by making them move left and right and one to shoot the boss, or you can just have autofire on.

It can also get pretty hectic at times, but it's a really fun, creative and cheap game that i don't think got much attention.

Bubba77

if you have game pass download star force reloaded. Ive been playing the crap out of it the last few days and LOVE it.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Have you seen the hotness (as of one year ago, January 15th) known as Q-YO Blaster?!?

The animations bear a strong resemblance to Cuphead. For $0.59? Probably because of the One Year anniversary.

Here is the trailer:

HyGogg

Banned

Jeff Minter's recent refresh of Gridrunner (part of the two-game compilation Minotaur Arcade) is one of the best things he's ever put out. It's an overhaul of the iOS version, which was itself something of a reboot of the series in the style of an early 80s arcade shmup. This time it's all voxels, with trippy distortion effects, but it maintains the early 80s vibe.

It's basically a wild, manic riff on Centipede, and it turns into absolute chaos as you get to the higher levels. This is (I think) the eighth version of Gridrunner over the years and it's the best yet, and quite frankly my favorite shmup in recent memory.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Have you seen the hotness (as of one year ago, January 15th) known as Q-YO Blaster?!?

The animations bear a strong resemblance to Cuphead. For $0.59? Probably because of the One Year anniversary.

Here is the trailer:

Heh, "Q-YO" Blaster. I see what you did there, Team Robot Black Hat.
(Q-YO sounds like "Cuyo" in Spanish, which is what we call Guinea Pigs over here.)

mumbo's brain

Neo Member
I used to play Dodonpachi and Battle Bakraid a lot. Bakraid especially is great for newcomer I think. I never 1cc'd Dodonpachi but Bakraid is relatively simple to do. I should get back to them but at the moment I lack a proper controller with good d-pad. I only have XB1 controller and that dpad is awful. Not sure what I should do, maybe getting a Switch pro controller and cheap bluetooth device for PC, that way I can use it everywhere I need it at the moment...

Shmups are great simply because of the relaxing effect. It might seem stressful (and of course it is in places) but mostly, when you get into that meditative zone of mind feeling, I feel like time just passes on and reality disappears. Refreshing after a hideous day at the office.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
I have an old lcd pc monitor and am thinking to turn it vertically so some shmups play better. Which rotation stand would you recommend? Monitor has a circular base as a stand so I am not sure what would fit

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I used to play Dodonpachi and Battle Bakraid a lot. Bakraid especially is great for newcomer I think. I never 1cc'd Dodonpachi but Bakraid is relatively simple to do. I should get back to them but at the moment I lack a proper controller with good d-pad. I only have XB1 controller and that dpad is awful. Not sure what I should do, maybe getting a Switch pro controller and cheap bluetooth device for PC, that way I can use it everywhere I need it at the moment...

Shmups are great simply because of the relaxing effect. It might seem stressful (and of course it is in places) but mostly, when you get into that meditative zone of mind feeling, I feel like time just passes on and reality disappears. Refreshing after a hideous day at the office.
Welcome! It's great to have another shmup fan join GAF.

You could always get an arcade stick... :messenger_kissing_smiling::messenger_musical:

Also, if you are playing on PC (that appears to be the case?) why not use keyboard? I know a ton of really good shmup players who don't use anything but keyboard.

I have an old lcd pc monitor and am thinking to turn it vertically so some shmups play better. Which rotation stand would you recommend? Monitor has a circular base as a stand so I am not sure what would fit
That's a bit outside my wheelhouse as far as panel mounts go. Usually there are four screw-holes arranged in a square on the back of modern monitors. I'm pretty sure mounts these days are universal.

silentstorm

Look, i have some controllers like the Xbox One and Dualshock 4 in my room and whenever i play shumps on my laptop i only use the keyboard, it just feels nice and natural to me.

Anyways, went back to playing Kamui, hadn't played the game in a while and it's still fun, also started playing Graze Counter again:
ss_dcda81fa245b3032a47b069a7b8a75ce013dfb72.jpg

Just another doujin shump available on Steam, it's another fun game with a good soundtrack, as the name implies, it revolves around getting near bullets to power up your strongest weapons to get better scores and kill enemies faster, you can still shoot without grazing bullets, but what's the fun in that?

mumbo's brain

Neo Member
Welcome! It's great to have another shmup fan join GAF.

You could always get an arcade stick... :messenger_kissing_smiling::messenger_musical:

Also, if you are playing on PC (that appears to be the case?) why not use keyboard? I know a ton of really good shmup players who don't use anything but keyboard.

That's a bit outside my wheelhouse as far as panel mounts go. Usually there are four screw-holes arranged in a square on the back of modern monitors. I'm pretty sure mounts these days are universal.
I think I need to rely on keyboard but I have an issue - it's been a long time since I used keyboard for anything else than FPS games and as such the movement is happening on wsad keys which is natural way to move. However for everything else I always used the arrow keys to move which are on the right side of the keyboard... I can go any way but not sure what is the optimal way. I think I would probably try using wasd to move. I just feel that especially for shmups, using keyboard is bit of a heresy, just like playing a fighting games without a stick too. But it's just my brain...

I still have huge collection of MAME roms but they are quite outdated, probably version 0.179 or something. Whenever I try the latest version of MAME some of the games don't work properly. It's a hassle to try to update them as most of the sources are now gone. At least I can't find anything. Anyhow it's time for some Bakraid. I need to go back to basics. I also have all the Cave releases for Steam pretty much.

I really love the way Cave games look. Would be really interesting to see a documentary about how they did the graphics for various games. I know at some point they started to use pre-rendered 3d models as sprites but during Dodonpachi it was all done by hand. Just love all the effects and how they look. I've been thinking about starting my own shmup project at various times (I can do graphics as it's my job, but been years since I did any pixel graphics for that matter) to teach myself Unreal Engine 4. Sprites are just texture mapped polygon cards. But it all comes down to free time and what I want/can do with that. Usually I just want to forget working :)

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I think I need to rely on keyboard but I have an issue - it's been a long time since I used keyboard for anything else than FPS games and as such the movement is happening on wsad keys which is natural way to move. However for everything else I always used the arrow keys to move which are on the right side of the keyboard... I can go any way but not sure what is the optimal way. I think I would probably try using wasd to move. I just feel that especially for shmups, using keyboard is bit of a heresy, just like playing a fighting games without a stick too. But it's just my brain...
No, it's definitely not heresy to use a keyboard. I personally know quite a few world-class shmuppers who use keyboard and keyboard alone.

If you're used to WASD, why not stick with it?

I still have huge collection of MAME roms but they are quite outdated, probably version 0.179 or something. Whenever I try the latest version of MAME some of the games don't work properly. It's a hassle to try to update them as most of the sources are now gone. At least I can't find anything. Anyhow it's time for some Bakraid. I need to go back to basics. I also have all the Cave releases for Steam pretty much.
You should be able to search for the specific version of MAME to match your rom versions.

I really love the way Cave games look. Would be really interesting to see a documentary about how they did the graphics for various games. I know at some point they started to use pre-rendered 3d models as sprites but during Dodonpachi it was all done by hand. Just love all the effects and how they look. I've been thinking about starting my own shmup project at various times (I can do graphics as it's my job, but been years since I did any pixel graphics for that matter) to teach myself Unreal Engine 4. Sprites are just texture mapped polygon cards. But it all comes down to free time and what I want/can do with that. Usually I just want to forget working :)
I also love the graphical style of CAVE's games. They have a very distinct look.

If I ever strike it rich enough, I'll keep you in mind for spritework for a shmup someday.

mumbo's brain

Neo Member
This is not Shmup dev thread but I guess the best way to do the sprites would be by doing 3d models first in simple geometry and then pixelating over them. This way it's easy to get the perspective (ship turning animation etc) right. Anyway... Couple of cool websites with tons of info about the games and companies:
http://shmuplations.com/games/ (Random game dev interviews etc but some shmup related as well)
http://www.world-of-arcades.net/index.htm (Please click the logos)
Hope these are not posted, I glanced over and seems like world of arcades at least is a new link.

Last edited:
Been trying to get through this on Lunatic, it's been proving to be quite the challenge. Although it is down to pattern recognition and muscle memory at this point.
One of the hardest danmaku I've tried so far, but easily one of the most hilarious. I took this from youtube to show it off.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Been trying to get through this on Lunatic, it's been proving to be quite the challenge. Although it is down to pattern recognition and muscle memory at this point.
One of the hardest danmaku I've tried so far, but easily one of the most hilarious. I took this from youtube to show it off.

I couldn't last more than 30 seconds before I had to close the video. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I couldn't last more than 30 seconds before I had to close the video. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's pretty lewd, yeah, but I do suggest going forward and checking out the amazing patterns. I watch people play these and play them here and there, myself. This is one of those standouts!

I wouldn't have posted in the thread if I didn't think it was anything more than farting and butt sniffing fetish. That's the whole joke and theme of it!

mumbo's brain

Neo Member
That's like Senran Kagura but without any cuteness. I mean in the spirit. The girls in Senran Kagura are not actually girls, they are characters which are designed to elicit two primal instincts: protective urge and perhaps excitement. When you see these characters you realize they are not human or not even girls. They are cute creatures just like the characters in Mario games. And because they are cute there is also the forbidden feeling: what would it be like if they suffer a bit. I went bit on the tangent here.

Last edited:

silentstorm

So, has a game in this genre made you feel old or terrible before?

Like i said, i am replaying Kamui, only i think i was much much better at this game before and for some reason i am having a lot of trouble with this game, in that i am having trouble focusing on the top down enemies and bullets alongside the enemies in front of the ship, i just keep getting hit because i am paying more attention to one side.

For some reason, this doesn't happen with other games that do this, but not Kamui, with Kamui i just turn into a noob all out of a sudden and have more trouble with this game than i am supposed to.

Can...can a shump just become the equivalent of kryptonite over the years somehow?

If that's the case then Kamui is the game for me, i swear i do better at every other Shump i have than this game.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
So, has a game in this genre made you feel old or terrible before?

Like i said, i am replaying Kamui, only i think i was much much better at this game before and for some reason i am having a lot of trouble with this game, in that i am having trouble focusing on the top down enemies and bullets alongside the enemies in front of the ship, i just keep getting hit because i am paying more attention to one side.

For some reason, this doesn't happen with other games that do this, but not Kamui, with Kamui i just turn into a noob all out of a sudden and have more trouble with this game than i am supposed to.

Can...can a shump just become the equivalent of kryptonite over the years somehow?

If that's the case then Kamui is the game for me, i swear i do better at every other Shump i have than this game.
I do think there's such a thing as a personal grudge match against a shmup, and your skills with a game will decay over time, naturally.

Dunno. Sounds like you need to put more time into playing Kamui. :messenger_beaming:

silentstorm

I do think there's such a thing as a personal grudge match against a shmup, and your skills with a game will decay over time, naturally.

Dunno. Sounds like you need to put more time into playing Kamui. :messenger_beaming:
Pretty much, i am already beating the first two levels without getting hit once most of the time, and i get pretty far in the third level without getting hit, i am just having some problem with Ougumo's guided green beams attack, the fourth level also isn't that bad nor is the boss, but by the time of the fifth level, i really feel like it expects someone to have a fully powered up ship.

Top Bottom