• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloke

Or I missed something, anyway some interesting pics appeared on chinese levelup site (via 2ch) :D

20090514_a8bc42bffae8d2e1a692rQqrNQonoRCQ.jpg

20090514_2d7aa01dcb08dcb140a2ete8qPCC2WCt.jpg

20090514_9654d2ef3f23eda5013co0ciWw0qu2QE.jpg

more here http://bbs.levelup.cn/showtopic-803951.aspx

Slurmer

Banned
looks terrible.

But I do know of a twitter that says a redesign is being unveiled at E3:lol
he posts on this board too I believe

Twix

looks real to me, but the " PS3 " font is hideous, no way Sony could use it. I call it fake.

edit: and I thought a redesign should bring a more beautiful shape, which is not in this case.

shattyboombatty said:
clearly I was right:

20090514_e6be55525bc487b789c3HZpA4IWwjvst.jpg

shattyboombatty said:
looks kinda like it's just replacement shell parts... looks like the top + bottom respectively.

those are several parts of a ps3 replacement shell. simmer down people.

EDIT:

Clearly I was wrong =P

At first it looked like the same width, just different color/texture. Now I see what you're talking about.

west

Duno, nothing about the box picture screams fake.

The rest is obviously just different parts of the casing (well it even says so on the pictures, bottom-back, top etc...) and the middle "chrome" strip is missing that is on the box picture.

It even has the hard-drive slot (moved to the front, under the "chrome").

DestinRL

Ha ha ha. Last time I checked Sony doesn't make ugly pieces of shit so I'm pretty sure thats a fake.

Thanks for the laughs though. They actually came out and said they're not doing a slim re-design today.

Wallach

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Took 4 years for the PS2 to get the redesign, but they were certainly in a better place with that platform. They haven't been shy with their PSP redesigns, either.

A.R.K

FUGLY!!!!!!!

Looks like some cheap 'made in china' box :lol

I'll wait for the real slim PS3 from Sony which will be SEXY!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
DestinRL said:
Ha ha ha. Last time I checked Sony doesn't make ugly pieces of shit so I'm pretty sure thats a fake.

They made the PS2, didn't they? That looked like a 90s VCR without the faux wood paneling.

Anyway, I think these shots look... nonphotoshopped. Take that however you want.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
DestinRL said:

Thanks for the laughs though. They actually came out and said they're not doing a slim re-design today.

No, Sony said "We currently don't have any plans for a redesigned PS3."

That's just PR language for "We haven't announced this yet. We hope you'll interpret this as a denial."

Danthrax said:
They made the PS2, didn't they? That looked like a 90s VCR without the faux wood paneling.

Anyway, I think these shots look... nonphotoshopped. Take that however you want.
For the most part though their products are very appealing stylistically. Even the PS3 with it's current bulk looks nice.

And these shots are of an unassembled system, I wouldn't doubt that a slim is in the works.

Ugly as crap. :lol

Looks like it would latch onto an HDTV (in the back, which would make the hideous look acceptable).

Either way that look TOO small.
EDIT: Ohhh Like someone said it looks de-assembled. hmm.

Tobor

I like the way it looks, so here's hoping it's real. That would be one hell of an E3 conference if Sony announced a new PSP and PS3.

Wollan said:
I don't see any cooling on the top lid.
Might be reference models and things are still being changed before production. It looks legit in terms of the shell, but something seems off with the packaging and fonts.

billy.sea

Banned
It would be great if they can make it that thin. But what up with the ugly legs on the bottom?

Any guess on when we will see a slim PS3?

How many years between the original Playstation and the PSone?
What about PS2 and Slim PS2?

Zhuk

Banned
It really doesnt look up to the build quality someone would expect from Sony, furthermore the logo on the top is more of the PS2 style than PS3.

Is it possible its one of those Chinese fake consoles which basically has a SNES ripoff inside of it?

Wallach

Given the shitty quality of the shots, it could very well be that someone snuck a cell or something into one of the plants in Taiwan, which would explain why we're seeing only the shell of a unit that isn't fully constructed. He is wearing gloves in one of the shots, probably one of the workers. The timing is also somewhat similar to the PS2 slim launch, where they stopped manufacturing the older model and cleared the channel of stock during the summer to release the redesign in the fall.

CrushDance said:
Might be reference models and things are still being changed before production. It looks legit in terms of the shell, but something seems off with the packaging and fonts.

Not as ugly once I saw you say it was disassembled. The fonts do seem awkward though.

More than anything the size is getting me, both the top and bottom look very thin, the BD drive would force that thing to be bigger I would imagine.
EDIT: The more I look at it the bigger it looks really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom