• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.... Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" is the Momo Challenge's newest victim

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
So it appears that among Fortnite, Peppa Pig, and other YouTube videos, Rick Astley's NGGYU (and satellite videos) is the newest target in the Momo Challenge that has taken the internet in a storm as of late.

Watch at your own discretion.

I can't figure out what OP is talking about.

In any case, the black dude at the bar deserves an award for best supporting actor in this video.

LMJ

So it appears that among Fortnite, Peppa Pig, and other YouTube videos, Rick Astley's NGGYU (and satellite videos) is the newest target in the Momo Challenge that has taken the internet in a storm as of late.

OK I'm confused, that's just the standard Rick Astley video, are you trying to rick roll people or are you just afraid that the songs is going to get stuck in their heads as it's that amazing lol

Kagey K

Banned
OK I'm confused, that's just the standard Rick Astley video, are you trying to rick roll people or are you just afraid that the songs is going to get stuck in their heads as it's that amazing lol

My coworker has a 13 year old son, who fell for that shit on Snapchat and carved a 41 into his arm as well as cutting himself a bunch of times so I have a slightly hard time joking about the MOMO or Blue Whale shit.

But damn if you have to be pretty stupid to believe people on the internet are really doing that shit IRL.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Apparently...

After a couple days it came out that a girl he liked convinced him to do it and if he made it to the end she would date him.

In the meantime my coworker took away all his electronics and he flipped out. Went all Minecraft Steve and punched trees and shit. Now he’s a busted up 13 year old who claims that his mom ruined his life.

I’m sure he will get over it, but for now.... it’s the end of the fucking world.

That's pretty wild actually, sorry to hear about your co-worker's son. To be clear this is a light-hearted rickroll attempt lol.

I just got rolled a few hours before this and had the best little cackle of my life so I had to do it

Momo is so bizarre. It sounds like some sort of minor problem Facebook moms would repost constantly, but this is real and common in a way.

Scary shit.

Bullet Club

I watched the video in the OP, so I've passed the Rick Astley Challenge.

CZJhb7F.gif

Michele

you.

Momo Challenge? Not this stupid thing again...

Why are peoples still believing in that stupid thing? There doesn't exist anything like that. Remove that stupid 'Momo Challenge' word. I'm not seeing anything legit about that, and I've heard it doesn't do harm at all...

I know of Blue Whale, and I do believe it due to the news that made headlines, but Momo Challenge? Never made a lot of headlines, so I don't really understand that thing.

mcjmetroid

Momo Challenge? Not this stupid thing again...

Why are peoples still believing in that stupid thing? There doesn't exist anything like that. Remove that stupid 'Momo Challenge' word. I'm not seeing anything legit about that, and I've heard it doesn't do harm at all...

I know of Blue Whale, and I do believe it due to the news that made headlines, but Momo Challenge? Never made a lot of headlines, so I don't really understand that thing.

No momo challenge has been proven to be a hoax time and time again. Most recently it came to my country and there was hysterics and the fact is it just doesn't exist, the image is floating around as spam and is causing people to be upset when they see it but that's it.

Good video on it if you're interested.

Last edited:

nkarafo

I browse the internet every day, all day and i have no idea who Momo is and definitely haven't notice him "taking the internet in a storm".

Maybe i'm browsing the wrong sites.

I was there when Rick Rolling started on 4chan in spring of 2007, I think it was April to be exact.

For those that don't know, the "rolling" term came from a practice of linking to a different thread on 4chan from the one you were posting in that would have have a photo of a rubber duck with wheels on it, hence "duck rolling" and the idea was to trick you in making you think you were being linked to something else when you were in fact being "duck rolled"

Rick Rolling was like that but linking you to the music video of Never Gonna Give You Up.

The first time I got Rick Rolled was when someone claimed the GTAIV trailer got leaked, I clicked the Youtube link and sure enough there was Rick Astley singing his heart out.

2000s era 4chan was a fucking blast, I miss it, it's a shame how shitty it became.

I was there when Rick Rolling started on 4chan in spring of 2007, I think it was April to be exact.

For those that don't know, the "rolling" term came from a practice of linking to a different thread on 4chan from the one you were posting in that would have have a photo of a rubber duck with wheels on it, hence "duck rolling" and the idea was to trick you in making you think you were being linked to something else when you were in fact being "duck rolled"

Rick Rolling was like that but linking you to the music video of Never Gonna Give You Up.

The first time I got Rick Rolled was when someone claimed the GTAIV trailer got leaked, I clicked the Youtube link and sure enough there was Rick Astley singing his heart out.

2000s era 4chan was a fucking blast, I miss it, it's a shame how shitty it became.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Mono challenge may “be a proven hoax” like maybe full suicide videos are fake but it is still a very real thing with Momo videos nonetheless. My niece told me they play it at slumber parties and such.

Last edited:
I can’t be rick rolled!

Because not only do I like the song, I desire to hear it every time I click on something.

It's funny how many people these days think this guy's a one hit wonder, but Together Forever was another big hit for him, and Cry for Help is a genuinely great song. Easily his best single, IMO.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
In the meantime my coworker took away all his electronics and he flipped out. Went all Minecraft Steve and punched trees and shit. Now he’s a busted up 13 year old who claims that his mom ruined his life.
Sounds like he needs a paddlin’.

Top Bottom