• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Land over? 360 #1 console in the UK

nelsonroyale said:
sellling 5k more than ps2..................................

Selling 25% more than PS2, at more than twice the price.

Its all well and good for the SDF when they trot out the "18K a week in the whole of europe" stuff,but when actual numbers come out, they don`t matter?

Anyway, the truth is that the Uk, france and germany are the places where MS does best. Spain and other southern countries are true Sonyland

So are we just going to revisit this in a month or two when the gears buzz is off just to shut people up?
The retardation is strong in this thread.

ChrisAllenFiz said:
Its all well and good for the SDF when they trot out the "18K a week in the whole of europe" stuff,but when actual numbers come out, they don`t matter?

People are shopping for Christmas. Of course sales would be up.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
ChrisAllenFiz said:
Anyway, the truth is that the Uk, france and germany are the places where MS does best. Spain and other southern countries are true Sonyland
Xbox was 3rd in France, behind the Gamecube. France is anything but Xbox country, we love japanese stuff here.

Blimblim said:
Xbox was 3rd in France, behind the Gamecube. France is anything but Xbox country, we love japanese stuff here.

Fair enough, I was going from the voices I hear on Live. French is No.1, then german. I have never heard spanish or scandanavian languages.

:lol :lol :lol

Guys, 25,000 units is not good enough for sales in November and a big title.

Look at the DS/DSlite sales, these are the numbers a 1 year old system with a positive trend should be hitting.

The current bundles on the Xbox360 in the UK mean that you are getting £70 off the total price. Not with shovelware, but with Gears of War:lol

It is a great deal, btw.

Remember the European launch price for the Xbox360 is actually historically very good. The PS2 and Xbox both launched at £299, the 360 launched at £279. The PS2 held the £299 price point for 15 months, the Xbox 360 has already had a £10 price drop.

quetz67

Banned
ChrisAllenFiz said:
have a look at amazon.fr...xbox 360 are at sales rankings #773 and #1003 (IMO France is Nintendo Country #1).

Germany and UK rankings are much better, a little surprising with germany lacking Gears of War.

Striek

ChrisAllenFiz said:
Are they the actual numbers? We haven't got a source that isn't TeamXbox. Thinking over it again, its kind of - very - hard to believe that even the DS + DS Lite is down on last years DS only numbers, and that the PS2 is so low.

I'm not saying its not true, hell, its not inconceivable in the slightest that the X360 could outsell the PSTwo, but I find the numbers rather odd.

p3tran

Banned
Fio Maravilha said:
It's a CD cover from a brazilian singer (Jorge Ben, the freak on the pic) that includes the music "Fio Maravilha".

Listen the music here and prepare yourself to FEEL THE POWER! :D

groovy 8)

Uh, the UK is the European country the original Xbox did the best (while doing very poorly in other European territories, like Germany). If the comparison was made throughout Europe (although 25% of the European market is the UK), PS2 still probably sold more.

ziran

Cubsfan23 said:
Here you go. From Chart Track.

DS Lite- 34,938
X360- 25,832
PS2- 20,322
NDS- 19,703
PSP- 19,033
GBA SP- 3932
XBOX- 1841
GBA Micro- 1382
Gamecube- 91
Playstation- 16
GBA- 7
Nokia N-Gage QD- 5

I believe Gears was #1 when it was released, as well.
Striek said:
Are they the actual numbers? We haven't got a source that isn't TeamXbox. Thinking over it again, its kind of - very - hard to believe that even the DS + DS Lite is down on last years DS only numbers, and that the PS2 is so low.

I'm not saying its not true, hell, its not inconceivable in the slightest that the X360 could outsell the PSTwo, but I find the numbers rather odd.
really?

because the numbers we received last year from gaybrush for the same week (assuming they're from the gow launch week):

mon 21st nov 05
NDS: 44,000
GBASP/Micro: 34,000
PSP: 62,000

so, if Cubsfan23's numbers are correct, ds sales are up 25% and psp sales are down 70%, which is a very different picture from the one you're trying to create.

Prine

Banned
Mana Knight said:
Uh, the UK is the European country the original Xbox did the best (while doing very poorly in other European territories, like Germany). If the comparison was made throughout Europe (although 25% of the European market is the UK), PS2 still probably sold more.

Last i checked UK represents 40 percent of the EU market, 3rd overall behind US and Japan.

Near 20k fat DS? I thought it was gone already...

I hope this isn't like last year when we only got numbers when the user was pleased with them, although getting them on GoW week is suspicious.

syllogism

40%? I find that very hard to believe considering German economy is bigger and French is about the same not to mention the rest of the EU.

Striek

ziran said:
so, if Cubsfan23's numbers are correct, ds sales are up 25% and psp sales are down 70%, which is a very different picture from the one you're trying to create.
'Trying to create'? Get the **** over yourself, I got my figures from the same source and yes, the picture is different - to yours:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2338317
DS : 54,500 units (although demand was for around 80,000, Nintendogs bundle almost completely out of stock in most retailers)
PSP : 57,000 units (again - restricted stock apparently)
GBA/Micro : 37,000 units

If I wanted to disparage Nintendo I would've just mentioned that if this threads figures are correct then either way they're waaaaaay down in total unit figures for handhelds and that can't be spun into a pretty picture. But no, I prefer to point out the obvious - DS Lite+DS (this year) is sure going to be over DS (last year). Hence disbelief. Also doesn't jive with Ninty's PR in a big way.

Also if you read the teamxbox thread (which was posted ages before this one), these figures are supposedly from W/E 25th november. Please think, then react.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This is like a little kid stealing from the pot while mom's out. I'm sure that Sony will spank the 360 as soon as it comes back.

Xavien

The thing is, Gears of War came out last week in the UK, that would account for high sales of the Xbox 360, as for the DS... WHO THE HELL BUYS THE DS FAT!?

There's a much better DSL out there at the same price, you morons :lol

Remember also UK is/was Sonyland, so i would expect lesser sales of the PSP over in Europe, but since Europe as a whole is extremely difficult to track, we may never know for sure.

Disclaimer: i live in the UK so i can insult my fellow countrymen.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So uh, a) Where can we get those hardware numbers?
b) If it's possible to get them, where the hell is the weekly thread on it?

Xavien

omg rite said:

http://www.chart-track.com
but for hardware it requires you to be a subscriber and then you'll receive them every monday via email. (its pretty expensive to become a subscriber though)

omg rite said:

ELSPA numbers are available to subscribers only,and they cost a lot, and leaks are investigated and punished, so unlikely to be happening every week.

ziran

Striek said:
'Trying to create'? Get the **** over yourself, I got my figures from the same source and yes, the picture is different - to yours:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2338317

If I wanted to disparage Nintendo I would've just mentioned that if this threads figures are correct then either way they're waaaaaay down in total unit figures for handhelds and that can't be spun into a pretty picture. But no, I prefer to point out the obvious - DS Lite+DS (this year) is sure going to be over DS (last year). Hence disbelief. Also doesn't jive with Ninty's PR in a big way.

Also if you read the teamxbox thread (which was posted ages before this one), these figures are supposedly from W/E 25th november. Please think, then react.
you continuously spout your not so subtle nintendo trolls in countless threads, so your objective here was as transparently thin as it always is :)

this is thread i used:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2295888#post2295888

edit - i've just realised, even if you use the figures from the thread you've quoted, total ds sales this year are still higher than last year!
Striek said:

34,938 + 19,703 = 54,641 > 54,500

trolling in vein ftl :lol

imo, the bottom line is, this gen is going to great, because there is good competition all round. this makes better games, so i can't see the point in anyone wanting sony, ms or nintendo to fail.

quetz67

Banned
syllogism said:
40%? I find that very hard to believe considering German economy is bigger and French is about the same not to mention the rest of the EU.
40% is a about right overall, but not for all consoles. The original xbox sold some 200k in the first week in the UK, while it sold some 10k in the rest of europe combined.

Gamecube had a much better launch, but xbox sales increased mightily after it dropped to a reasonable price (from 479 Euro to some 250 Euro incl. 2 games)

jaypah

MS should be forcing those consoles on the people there. they need to do something before Sony drops the Electric Black Sex there. you know they want that Electric Black Sex. OMG, thatsracist.gif

Cubsfan23 said:
Here you go. From Chart Track.

DS Lite- 34,938
X360- 25,832
PS2- 20,322
NDS- 19,703
PSP- 19,033
GBA SP- 3932
XBOX- 1841
GBA Micro- 1382
Gamecube- 91
Playstation- 16
GBA- 7
Nokia N-Gage QD- 5

I believe Gears was #1 when it was released, as well.

For the week ending 11/25, these numbers are pretty much weak all around except for the 360. A huge drop from last year's numbers and the DS and PS2 are doing quite a bit better in terms of software sales. (not going to mention the PSP sales).

I'm actually heavily leaning to discounting these numbers as it seems to be a very, very pro Xbox person who has no history of sales access from TeamXbox who originally posted this and every thing I've seen characterizes PS2 & DS sales as very high, with the 360 still working to gain traction, but being much stronger and doing much better in the UK and Northern Europe vs the rest of Europe.

The 360 numbers would be quite good if true, but the other numbers just seem off.

Cubsfan, did you just take this from TeamXbox? Given the timing of the two posts I would suspect so.

max-pain

Other board has total sales for the X360:

Weekly Console Sales in the UK (Nov 19th - Nov 26th)

DS Lite- 34,938
X360- 25,832
PS2- 20,322
NDS- 19,703
PSP- 19,033
GBA SP- 3932
XBOX- 1841
GBA Micro- 1382
Gamecube- 91
Playstation- 16
GBA- 7
Nokia N-Gage QD- 5
Total 360s sales for the UK 508,076

max-pain said:
Other board has total sales for the X360:

Those numbers seem pretty inline with what I'd expect them to be at this point. Which thread on TeamXBox had that? With all of the bundling, discounting, and the fact that there's no alternative to the 360 along with folks being pissed at a delay until March or later, I could definitely imagine a sales spike these coming weeks, but when sales come from nowhere, I tend to be a little circumspect.

Hmm 360 television adverts have definately been on the up past few weeks, so its sales don't surprise me. The PS2, I'd have imagined to be a bit higher.

Mmmkay

syllogism said:
It's 32.8% in terms of software sales according to the Screen Digest study. Hardware sales shouldn't deviate too much.
europesales.jpg

Of course, that breakdown won't be the same when looking at any one particular brand. It's likely that 360 sales are skewed more to the UK than the rest of Europe, given the success of its predecessor. But you at least get to appreciate the general sales breakdown for Europe, and how it doesn't correlate to GDP or economic strength.

Anyway, the 360 numbers are great. But, well... they should be, since this is the full week's sales following the release of Gears of War.

ziran said:
i've just realised, even if you use the figures from the thread you've quoted, total ds sales this year are still higher than last year!

34,938 + 19,703 = 54,641 > 54,500

trolling in vein ftl :lol

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a troll per se, but damn, he even underlined that part of his post. :lol

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Striek said:
Although on the other hand, the X360 is currently at about 700k in the UK if I'm reading this article right (pretty sure I am), which is kinda wow surprising after reading GAF:
http://www.mcvuk.com/Christmas-cracker-ahead-after-a-record-breaking-sales-week

Thats fairly impressive!
Those numbers are definitely shipped figures not actual sell through.
700k is a lot more than what the number actually is.
Also max-pain post shows ~ 500k LTD for X360 from the same source which is far more believable number.

Striek

ziran said:
you continuously spout your not so subtle nintendo trolls in countless threads, so your objective here was as transparently thin as it always is :)
Oh piss off, you Nintendo fanboys are always the same and ever so numerous. Its always trolling if Nintendo is even mentioned in the same whisper of something negative (even if that negativity is through lack of reading comprehension) . I was using the great DS Lite sales figures of recent - from NoE -as a (not my singular) point of rebuke of these sales figures as a whole and because you took a remark you thought injured the DS Lite and you had to crusade in a rather childish manner. I guess I understand why, of course. I just wish the mods took notice of people who don't back their accusations like yours up.

ziran said:
edit - i've just realised, even if you use the figures from the thread you've quoted, total ds sales this year are still higher than last year!
Wow (genuine surprise), good work, silly me rounded.
It does prove my point though in a great way, although I wish I had've used the argument "theres no way the DS Lite + DS could be the same as just the DS last year", damn, it doesn't have the same ring to it, but it saves a redface. Honestly I didn't expect anyone to respond because the points so clear.

But hey, I know you probably have read my argument properly, came to the conclusion I have, for the same reasons - if only because this illusory is hardly the best picture you could want. You're just defending imagined slights, as always, so I forgive you.

max-pain

It looks like this is the original source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=69637&category_id=74&forum_id=1

All sales for W/E 25/11.

DS Lite- 34,938
X360- 25,832
PS2- 20,322
NDS- 19,703
PSP- 19,033
GBA SP- 3932
XBOX- 1841
GBA Micro- 1382
Gamecube- 91
Playstation- 16
GBA- 7
Nokia N-Gage QD- 5

year to date.

DS Lite- 507,963
X360- 508,076
PS2- 502,796
NDS- 533,248
PSP- 435,993
GBA SP- 112,431
XBOX- 70,341
GBA Micro- 39,395
Gamecube- 9,355
Playstation- 1,108
GBA- 474
Nokia N-Gage QD- 2,326

MrPing1000 said:
That DS phat number strikes me as very odd.
It doesn't me - it's still on shelves here and tends to get the best bundle deals and colours and to the uneducated buyer, a different colour and bundled game is better value for money. I think they're probably pushing the DS so that they can get rid of all existing stock.

ziran

Striek said:
Oh piss off, you Nintendo fanboys are always the same and ever so numerous. Its always trolling if Nintendo is even mentioned in the same whisper of something negative (even if that negativity is through lack of reading comprehension) . I was using the great DS Lite sales figures of recent - from NoE -as a (not my singular) point of rebuke of these sales figures as a whole and because you took a remark you thought injured the DS Lite and you had to crusade in a rather childish manner. I guess I understand why, of course. I just wish the mods took notice of people who don't back their accusations like yours up.

Wow (genuine surprise), good work, silly me rounded.
It does prove my point though in a great way, although I wish I had've used the argument "theres no way the DS Lite + DS could be the same as just the DS last year", damn, it doesn't have the same ring to it, but it saves a redface. Honestly I didn't expect anyone to respond because the points so clear.

But hey, I know you probably have read my argument properly, came to the conclusion I have, for the same reasons - if only because this illusory is hardly the best picture you could want. You're just defending imagined slights, as always, so I forgive you.
:lol

wtf are you talking about? you're continually negative about nintendo, and troll on many occasions, check your post history if you've forgotten.

Top Bottom