• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SP -> NES SP deals?

sarusama

I recently saw ebGames deal for "exchanging" your current SP for the NES one: it's like your old working SP + two (2!!) GBA games, then you can pay $50 for to get the NES one. Considering I don't own any crappy games that I could just get rid of this way, this is no deal for me (also old SP + 2 games = $110 originally)

Does anyone know of deals that only consider returning your old SP? Or any deals on the NES SP in general?

Matlock

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
Does Wal Mart stock the NES SP?

*ding ding ding*

Morally bankrupt, but the quickest and easiest way. Just make sure you still have the old SP box with you.

BuddyC

Buy a NES SP at Wal Mart, switch the serial number barcode with your current SP, return your old SP in the box saying it was defective, unwanted, or the wrong color.

BuddyChrist83 said:
Buy a NES SP at Wal Mart, switch the serial number barcode with your current SP, return your old SP in the box saying it was defective, unwanted, or the wrong color.
hahahaaaahaaa

if only there were only WalMart's in NYC

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Originally Posted by BuddyChrist83

I hate to be a party pooper, but isn't that outright theft?

arter_2

sweet thats great i just found a gba sp black on yhe bus and it had a crappy yugi oh game in it eb here i come. that nes sp shall be mine.

jenov4

DavidDayton said:
I hate to be a party pooper, but isn't that outright theft?

I would say so... I somehow doubt that will deter anybody who really wants to do this type of 'free' upgrade.

sarusama

I appreciate the replies... but I'm not about to do that walmart switch-act. I tried looking through the ebgames online site for info on trade-ins. They only list special offers and game trade-ins.

Does anyone know what I'd get for a used Flame SP?

hmmmm... I could check ebay also as a means to sell my current SP.

It is hardly an even trade when you take a highly desireable item through dishonest means and dispose of one that will no longer be necessary and will not be sold by the retailer. The returned item is defected and typically destroyed.

Trade your SP in at GameStop...they offer $60. Then you only pay $40 for the NES SP and it doesn't require any coupons or any games to be traded in. Just a thought.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Craig Majaski said:
Trade your SP in at GameStop...they offer $60. Then you only pay $40 for the NES SP and it doesn't require any coupons or any games to be traded in. Just a thought.

$60...are you sure? I thought you had to trade in some games as well

Yeah, $60 is the normal trade in price for the SP. No specials or anything required.

Regular GBA trade-in will get you normally $20 in credit, but as Wario could tell you, this week GameStop gives you $30 for the trade toward an SP.

Nester

I'm getting one through FreeVideoGames.com as soon as one more offer posts my points. I haven't paid a single dime, but if I needed anymore points I would've had to start doing some of the $1.00 offers.

Gamestop gives $20 for an original GBA, and I don't think they care what shape the thing is in as long as it works, at least my store doesn't.

Im thinking i need to go to Circuit City tomorrow and pick one up for $90. Thats about as good of a deal Ill be able to get since I dont have any trade in.

Meier

I'd recommend tossing up a 3-day auction for it on Ebay. You will likely get upwards of 70-80 bucks out of it.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Gamestop gives $60 for an SP?

I might actually do an "upgrade" now. Bwahahaa.

Now I just need to cobble together $40 from other junk around the house.

Dujour

Banned
I just got Super Mario Bros and Excitebike, but I might return Excitebike. Do you think I'll have to return one of the shirts?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Serafitia said:
I just got Super Mario Bros and Excitebike, but I might return Excitebike. Do you think I'll have to return one of the shirts?
Why would you return excitebike? You can finally save your custom tracks! ;)

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
The Faceless Master said:
hahahaaaahaaa

if only there were only WalMart's in NYC

Long Island. Southern State off the 106 exit.

KingGondo

Banned
Not a great deal, but Hollywood video gives you $50 for a used GBA SP--they also have better-than-average trade-in value on old games. I got an NES SP and Mario Bros. for my old platinum (without box) and a few console games I'll never play again (Midtown Madness 3, NFS: HP2). MUCH better than the EB Games deal.

Hero

Serafitia said:

As long as there's nothing on your receipt ( if it was there, it'd be priced 0.00 ) they can't make you.

Top Bottom