• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - PSVR trailers thread

ZehDon

No Man’s Sky in VR? My launch PSVR is on the fritz, I better get it repaired ASAP because I’ve been waiting for this since the damn thing was announced

Gamernyc78

Banned
All those ppl eating crow tht thought PSVR was Gona super flop and not get continued support. It's obvious their plan is to keep supporting it and evolve it for PS5 and I couldn't be happier.

VR is pretty much the only thing that would allow me to give NMS another chance.

Blood and Truth looking to be The London Heist demo realized. Could be very cool as long as it's not some 3 hour deal.

Whoooa you can say one thing fore shure, Sony supports theyr VR with games, games and than some more games. And thats what you must do.

Great work Sony great work😄

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
VR is pretty much the only thing that would allow me to give NMS another chance.

Blood and Truth looking to be The London Heist demo realized. Could be very cool as long as it's not some 3 hour deal.

Me and you both! And I'll be okay with a 5 hour Blood and Truth game. I actually don't want it to be too long.

scalman

NMS VR was not expected if it will look like that then pretty good, because most PSVR games just look not best .

McCheese

The amount of support they are showing it is impressive, and well beyond even my hypothetical 'best case scenario' when I was weighing up if I should pick one up back on the release date for full price not.

Man, I don't get how folks are still on the fence about it at this point. It's dirt cheap and has an amazing back catalogue, and it looks like it's going to have a pretty decent amount of stuff coming out between now and the PS5. I doubt we're going to see many more big budget 'flat' games until the next gen hits, so it's a great time to jump in.

Also my mandatory 'get astrobot' plug.

Gamernyc78

Banned
The amount of support they are showing it is impressive, and well beyond even my hypothetical 'best case scenario' when I was weighing up if I should pick one up back on the release date for full price not.

Man, I don't get how folks are still on the fence about it at this point. It's dirt cheap and has an amazing back catalogue, and it looks like it's going to have a pretty decent amount of stuff coming out between now and the PS5. I doubt we're going to see many more big budget 'flat' games until the next gen hits, so it's a great time to jump in.

Also my mandatory 'get astrobot' plug.

Yeah, I agree. Remember the thread when it dropped to 200? Alot of those ppl tht finally jumped on were previous criticizers that had never tried it but when they bought it they were instantly won over.

That thread was full of "damn this is dope" and "wow aatrobot is a goty" etc

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
I was switching tabs for the most part so I don't remember, but if it's not in that PS blog trailer then perhaps they didn't.

So besides Blood & Truth, literally nothing new or exclusive was announced? In fact nothing beside Blood & Truth was announce during this State of Play?...hum

So besides Blood & Truth, literally nothing new or exclusive was announced? In fact nothing beside Blood & Truth was announce during this State of Play?...hum
Wasn't Five Nights At Freddy's VR new? Iron Man VR? Blood & Truth was actually announced some time ago. And they showed a bunch of VR games in the montage that I didn't recognize.

Makariel

NMS VR I'll play on SteamVR (already have NMS on steam, so...)

Blood & Truth looks mighty fine but I don't think it will be a particularly long game? Still good for a few hours of VR crime drama.

Falcon Age looks amazing - you can fistpump a falcon, what's not to like?

Wasn't Five Nights At Freddy's VR new? Iron Man VR? Blood & Truth was actually announced some time ago. And they showed a bunch of VR games in the montage that I didn't recognize.

Do you have a link to that montage? Yes Iron Man VR is also exclusive it seems, but my problem has more to do with the lack of PSVR upgrade and optimisation than the library.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
O onQ123 Trover Saves the Universe... you think that in-game controller model is foreshadowing the DualShock patents we have seen with the screens on them?

Psykodad

Banned
I've been telling my friends for a long time that NMS VR is gonna wow everybody and it will be a redeeming factor even if they don't really like the gameplay.

VR is gonna be a gamechanger.

Was really happy to see it's announcement, because it will finally give me a reason to take my PSVR out of it's box again and boot up NMS.

NMS Beyond is gonna be something else.

Last edited:

CEJames

I don't think Observation is in VR guys. There was no indication of it in the trailer and the PlayStation store doesn't list it as one.

Typhares

OP, you're missing Iron Man, Concrete Genie and Everybody's Golf, those are some potential biggies.

Iron Man has its own thread as I created it first (see OP link). The other ones are not VR as far as I know and I wanted to make this one about VR only.

AlexxKidd

Iron Man has its own thread as I created it first (see OP link). The other ones are not VR as far as I know and I wanted to make this one about VR only.

Concrete Genie and Everybody's Golf (legendary series Hot Shot's Golf) are very much VR, otherwise I wouldn't have brought them up because I realize this is a VR thread.

Typhares

Concrete Genie and Everybody's Golf (legendary series Hot Shot's Golf) are very much VR, otherwise I wouldn't have brought them up because I realize this is a VR thread.

Added concrete genie, it seems it will be some specific modes that are PSVR though. I cannot see a new video for everybody's golf if you got one please post it.

AlexxKidd

Added concrete genie, it seems it will be some specific modes that are PSVR though. I cannot see a new video for everybody's golf if you got one please post it.

There was no individual video for it, but it was included as part of the "Next Wave" showcase section. I see now that you have that "Next Wave" video up there, so that's good. I'd include Iron Man regardless of the fact that you made a standalone thread by the way, as if this thread is a compilation it should still be included.

Romulus

Previews for Blood and Truth, very positive.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/02/7-psvr-2019-games-we-cant-wait-to-play

https://press-start.com.au/previews/2019/04/02/blood-and-truth-vr-hands-on-preview/

https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/02/blood-truth-hands-on-a-vr-shooting-gallery-on-rails/

To add to that, the actual gameplay previews of Iron Man VR and No Man's Sky VR is also very positive, surprisingly. Iron Man is confirmed not on rails for one.

Considering all these games are shaping up nicely, I'd say State of Play was huge success for PSVR owners.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Previews for Blood and Truth, very positive.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/02/7-psvr-2019-games-we-cant-wait-to-play

https://press-start.com.au/previews/2019/04/02/blood-and-truth-vr-hands-on-preview/

https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/02/blood-truth-hands-on-a-vr-shooting-gallery-on-rails/

To add to that, the actual gameplay previews of Iron Man VR and No Man's Sky VR is also very positive, surprisingly. Iron Man is confirmed not on rails for one.

Considering all these games are shaping up nicely, I'd say State of Play was huge success for PSVR owners.

"State of Play" was bad because it wasn't until these previews can out that we actually got to see that the VR games are good. State of Play should of had these people previewing the game talking and showing this exact same stuff we are seeing now.

Top Bottom