• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things season 2: Get hype!!!

So is it confirmed that Mad Max's brother, Billy, is racist? He seemed to have a problem with Lucas even being in the same vicinity as his stepsister.

If this were actually an 80s production, you know what he would have said about Lucas.

Finished the season last night.
It was great, but at the same time, there were things I wasn't crazy about. As great as the characters are, I still think it should have been an anthology show, each season a new story. Plot seemed stretched a little thin, and it just wasn't as scary. The CG monsters still look like cartoons. Wish they used practical effects for the creatures more often. Also, the big bad was cool in theory, but the design is too cartoony. Could have been absolutely horrifying if they got the design right.

I wish we got to see more of the science teacher. I love that guy.

Booser

If this were actually an 80s production, you know what he would have said about Lucas.

Finished the season last night.
It was great, but at the same time, there were things I wasn't crazy about. As great as the characters are, I still think it should have been an anthology show, each season a new story. Plot seemed stretched a little thin, and it just wasn't as scary. The CG monsters still look like cartoons. Wish they used practical effects for the creatures more often. Also, the big bad was cool in theory, but the design is too cartoony. Could have been absolutely horrifying if they got the design right.

I wish we got to see more of the science teacher. I love that guy.

This. The reliant on CGI creatures really takes you out of the whole 80's movies vibe. I'm surprised they went that route.

Staf

I'm on episode 7 right now. I've really loved everything about season 2 until now. But the part about
Eleven escaping and meeting her 'sister' i could really do without, i really hate it
. Thinking of skipping ahead, don't care at all about this arc.

Laserdisk

Starting episode six, and I see the director's name.
It cannot be THAT Andrew Stanton, right?
Well that was a surprise!!

Staf

Yeah... i skipped most of episode 7. Don't know what they were thinking with that arc.

Edit: But the first 5 minutes of episode 8 made up for it! Holy shit!

Michie

Neo Member
Yeah... i skipped most of episode 7. Don't know what they were thinking with that arc.

Edit: But the first 5 minutes of episode 8 made up for it! Holy shit!

Episode 7 might haven been better if it was placed after 8 instead.

I'm on episode 7 right now. I've really loved everything about season 2 until now. But the part about
Eleven escaping and meeting her 'sister' i could really do without, i really hate it
. Thinking of skipping ahead, don't care at all about this arc.

I think lots of people agree that episode 7 is the weakest of the season. Goes back to normal after that!

Staf

Watched 6 episodes, these last 2 were really great. The season started somewhat slowly, but has been a great ride so far.

Don't let episode 7 discourage you from watching 8 and 9. It really is that bad. But man the first 5 minutes of episode 8, and really the whole episode, is so damn great. Going to watch episode 9 tonight! Can't wait!

Finally finished Season 2, and I'd probably give it a 7/10 at best.

It was great to see most of the returning characters, except I wanted to punch Dustin so much for keeping D'art, as well as lying to the group about it. The revelation at the end where D'art helps them to escape felt completely contrived, and could have been completely missed and I wouldn't have even noticed.

Billy was a villain, yes, but it was more of a tool for MadMax to join the group. I hope to see better use of here character in season 3, because she barely did anything until the very end.

Steve, I loved, and he is probably my favorite character in this series.

Nancy and Jonathon felt bland, and their only moment of glory was when they managed to create the tape. Everything else was lackluster due to practically being expressionless dolls.

I did love the arc with Kali, and really hope that she and her crew return for another season.

There were a host of minor grievances that I had, but for the most part, I liked many of the bits and pieces throughout the show. The creature tunnels were cool, but we still don't really know much about the real Demogorgon. I really enjoyed the ending with the Middle School dance, as that is always a nice touch when you want to use a trope to demonstrate how things are returning to normal.

Don't let episode 7 discourage you from watching 8 and 9. It really is that bad. But man the first 5 minutes of episode 8, and really the whole episode, is so damn great. Going to watch episode 9 tonight! Can't wait!

From what i've been reading here, it does sound really bad lol. Which is weird, considering how episode 6 ends. I'll watch it tonight.
Anyway, at this point i'd never stop watching it because of one terrible episode, specially this close to finishing the season.

kunonabi

I am about to dive in

just one question, and give me your honest opinion

did you prefer season 2 over 1?

I like them about the same. S2 had better pacing, aside from the episode 7 junk, and did a better job with giving everyone something to do outside of Mike. On the other hand, the plot feels like too much of a retread of s1 and doesnt really feel as fresh.

jayjay275

I really loved this season, and in fact I believe that it tops Game of Thrones as my favourite show. The characters in Stranger Things are just written much better, granted that the cast is generally smaller. Steve finally got the love he deserved from the fanbase. I think Season 2 was on par with Season 1, doing some things better and some things for worse. Nevertheless, Steve and Dustin were such an iconic duo that I didn't know I wanted.

Wow you guys were serious when talking shit about episode 7. All the trash talk got my hopes really low, but it managed to be even worst than i was hoping. Unless the last 10 minutes make it worthwhile, which i doubt... i'll finish it tonight, my wife fell asleep (yeah, the episode is THAT good) so it's on hold.

Fnished episode 8 and yep, it made up for the borefest of episode 7. One more episode and i'm off to the spoilers thread.

Anyway,
so far it seems that 008 has no purpose in this story. Showed up in the beginning of the season, been 6 episodes missing, shows up again in the worst episode and that's it (unless she's on the last episode, which doesn't seem likely). What's the point of introducing this character? Why didn't this season have only 8 good episodes like the previous one?

OrionFalls

Fnished episode 8 and yep, it made up for the borefest of episode 7. One more episode and i'm off to the spoilers thread.

Anyway,
so far it seems that 008 has no purpose in this story. Showed up in the beginning of the season, been 6 episodes missing, shows up again in the worst episode and that's it (unless she's on the last episode, which doesn't seem likely). What's the point of introducing this character? Why didn't this season have only 8 good episodes like the previous one?
008 was added as a means to ‘unlock’ Eleven’s full power. The whole family means everything trope. That and I believe they have a spin off in store for 008 and her friends. I hope so, at least.

I am about to dive in

just one question, and give me your honest opinion

did you prefer season 2 over 1?

No not even close. And I loved season 2, I don't know why but season one just gripped me so much more, the atmosphere just felt way more creepy and
nobody even really goes in the upside down this season.
Episode 7 was awful too which brings it down for me.

I do love both seasons though, I love the character development in 2 but 1 just feels special.

llien

My first ever "HDR" experience.
Half way through second season, quite enjoying it so far.

Was underwhelmed with first season, to be honest, mostly because expectations were set too high.

isual

I don't think it's racism for mad Max. It's power. He has control over his step sister because he doesn't with his father.

Sometimes it isn't abuse , rather it's a psychological need to do something in which you have no control over.

marcm

Neo Member
Finished this tonight, loved it, was a little slow to start off with, but yeah i loved it :)

Also...
how was the pull out.... hahaha

Hey, can't see a way to direct message you but interested in buying your prodigy artwork you shared ages ago, found it via a google image search LMK if you'd be up for selling for a good price.

Top Bottom