• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streets of Rage 4 - Gameplay Teaser

DadEggs

looks like extra playable characters on the end screen silhouetted out.

rocker chick and cyborg fella

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I love the character lighting effects.

Exactly my thought as well. I've worked with lighting effects technology added onto 2D sprites, and it's difficult to keep it consistently convincing. They did a great job! :)

Last edited:

Orenji Neko

Very excited for this game. Love Streets of Rage and I hope the soundtrack comes from Koshiro.

They allow the big guys to get slammed now. They used to fall on you if I remember right. I gotta pick this up just off nostalgia

They would flatten you in SoR1, but in 2 they allowed you to slam them. Not sure on 3 since I haven’t played it in a while.

Last edited:

Gandara

Gameplay looks good but not sold on the art style. Keep going back and forth in being ok with to looking cheap. Maybe it's the dark outlines around the characters that give off that vibe? Animation looks fine from what I can tell.

Togh

Neo Member
fuck it's March 28th already and no info whatsoever from the playable demo at PAX East Booth?

Togh

Neo Member
Get the Blood Verdict here:

Cool! Nothing really new was said I think but at least is something and both of them seem to knew what they were talking about which already is something because usually we have this guy interviewing which don't have any clue about what he is talking about (didn't know nor have any passion for the franchise) and the interviewed is some random casual

RAIDEN1

Surely if the "legendary" music directors from the previous entries were involved with this game they would have been shouting about it by now.....

Togh

Neo Member
Well although I think this is worth of a new thread, I still can't create one myself so I will put it right here since I think it's the same demo that was shown on PAX East back in March, but now on Bitsummit 2019:

We can see every sound effects used were indeed those from the past games, but I couldn't heard the music. Maybe it's that one from the last teaser? All and all the game is looking solid. Loved the animations and the character design is growing on me by seeing it in action :)

Pachi72

Well although I think this is worth of a new thread, I still can't create one myself so I will put it right here since I think it's the same demo that was shown on PAX East back in March, but now on Bitsummit 2019:

We can see every sound effects used were indeed those from the past games, but I couldn't heard the music. Maybe it's that one from the last teaser? All and all the game is looking solid. Loved the animations and the character design is growing on me by seeing it in action :)

That looks sooo spectacular.

SALMORE

it looks & plays great ! what a relief , now i have to worry about weather the game will have a physical release or not ?

Kazza

The characters look like they fit in much better with the backgrounds now. The reflections look great too. Either the SoR moves (dash and down/upward roll) will be absent from SoR4 or the players just don't know how to use them. The scaling/zooming looks ice, but I don't like how the action slows down when they perform their special moves.

Last edited:

Fake

I don't know if I approve this amount of slow montion in a arcade game. They need to adress this.
Looks better than the trailer, but I miss Adam.

cireza

Gameplay wise, this looks totally fine.

But personally, I would have preferred a retro 240p pixel-art game. With good scanlines. Like Sonic Mania.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Looks cool but why the hell is Axel so buffed now, did he borrow some of Chris Redfield's supplements?
I'm okay with him being a little more buff than he was in the original games but he looks ridiculous now. Still think that ugly facial hair is still more annoying to look at. Hopefully alternate or unlockable costumes are in the game.

Xenon

This looks so good! Can't wait for this. I hope they do unlockable characters and follow SR3 move depth.

GrayFoxPL

In here the sfx sound alright.

Last edited:
Top Bottom