• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Targeted by a dangerous Con Artist...?

I've been staying on Miami Beach since the end of July

Three weeks ago this Black guy in his 40s sat at a computer next to me at this internet cafe on the beach I was surfing GAF and looking at this Batman Begins filming clip posted here

(note: I am also Black)

He asked me what is that? I told him there was a new Batman movie being filmed in Chicago

He told me he was in the middle of filming something
then he went to a bunch of sites to show me how important he was
has a big series deal with HBO - Showtime blah blah that is to take the spot of SOULFOOD when it goes off the air

he asked what I did, I told him I was an artist (painter) moving down to Miami to create a new series of paintings and start over... then we talked about his Powerbook and how something happend and it froze on him. He told me he had a 17" I said oh I have the same back at the hotel. Told them there was an Apple Store at the FALLS (a mall in South Miami area) where he could have them fix it.

he asked for my number and told me he knew an agent that works with artists...
he had a woman with him that took my number down (his personal assistant)

I did not believe his game but I found it strange that a CEO would want to just show me
how much money he was making...

a week passed he never called...

then walking down Washington last week he saw me and asked me if I had done any new paintings... told him no... then he had this woman take down my number again and he said he wanted a book cover done... I said okay...

yesterday before the MTV VMAs around 3pm I got 3 calls on my cell
2 of them listed private I did not answer and the 3rd had a Miami area code
I still did not pick up... I waited then called that number... The Assistant answered

She said Jaye asked what was I doing today?
I said nothing...

Then she asked can I meet with him in 10 minutes at the same CyberCafe, he has someone he wants me to meet and maybe I can paint that person... yadda yadda

So I went... He was there waiting but then we sat and waited on this Model he wanted me to paint... an hour later this 19 year old black male model came

Jaye took out his old 15" Powerbook (told me he had a new 17") ???!

took out my PB from my backpack just had to do it :)

used it to load some image CDs that Gunna had but the images where all thumbnails
I told Jaye I needed larger images of Glen Gunna if he wanted me to do a painting

I spent another 2 hours talking to all of them, trying to understand why he wanted me to paint this 19 year old version of 50 cent thug called Glen Gunna

Anyway JAYE bragged about having VIP passes to the VMAs and he was not sure if he wanted to go... he teased the model Gunna about not taking him

we went back to where Glen Gunna was staying on the Beach to pick up a cd of larger photos I could use to get an idea of what I wanted to paint

There Jaye got online to show me more models and actors he represented
and also Remixes to Micheal Jackson's old songs he did... plus something about a secret DVD master he had of MJ's never released Music Video...

So he worked with Micheal Jackson...

then he showed me his music CDs from UK
he said the UK liked his music best and the US can't understand good music...

it was pushing 7pm

I said I had to go... he said he had to get dressed for the VMAs
he wanted me to send him a copy of Virtual PC 6 for his Powerbook
I said I will try to load it on my site he can download and check it out...

(why would a CEO want a pirate copy of any software?)

then walking down the street he called me back and walked with me
Assistant lady was there to they were going towards Ocean BLVD where all the fancy hotels are.... I guess Mr. CEO stays in one.

I told him I was on my way to the T-Mobile hotspot at the Starbucks on Ocean to check my mail

then I asked are you not late for the VMAs
he said he may not go since he hates crowds
I said does the CEO or Owner not needed to be there?
he said no
I asked who are his artist at the VMAs
he went down the line and named Alicia Keys
I said wow I guess artist have different contracts with many companies
I mentioned Alicia is with J Records.

He cut me of to say HE IS J RECORDS!

http://www.jrecords.com/

Oh I said

he continued...
One day I called *not sure what name he used* then told him I had a great Idea for a new company, told him J Records... the guy on the phone said J-A-Y-E? He said, no just J!

then they hired Clive Davis to be the front man to run it... (okay)

he wanted his own since his parents owned Sugar Hill Records

After all this I could not take it anymore
I went to starbucks and did an intense google and yahoo search of this guy

note: Clive Davis middle name is JAY

this is getting to long I will post my findings in the next post

Mickey Jaye, AKA Omolodumare Elguerrerr, Joe Mickey Robinson, El Omolodumare Guerreos. Dade County.

Charged with false imprisonment, battery and aggravated assault with deadly weapon. He was released from Dade County jail out on a bond for $25,000. His court date was June 6, 2004. His Judge was scheduled to be Darrel Trawick: (305) 548-5110.

http://www.tsumeter.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/04/19/40884ff6c909a
'Looking for love in the wrong places' Former Miss TSU survives abduction, torture after online dating match.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I somehow feel this is all going to end up with a post tomorrow going, "Hey guys, I woke up in my boxers alone and with blood in my toilet."

Dilbert

For a record CEO...this guy seems to have an awful lot of free time on his hands. If your warning bells are going off, there is probably a reason.

Don't divulge any more personal information for the time being, and see if you can confirm any of his claims.

Willco

Hollywood Square
naz said:
Mickey Jaye, AKA Omolodumare Elguerrerr, Joe Mickey Robinson, El Omolodumare Guerreos. Dade County.

Charged with false imprisonment, battery and aggravated assault with deadly weapon. He was released from Dade County jail out on a bond for $25,000. His court date was June 6, 2004. His Judge was scheduled to be Darrel Trawick: (305) 548-5110.

'Looking for love in the wrong places' Former Miss TSU survives abduction, torture after online dating match.

Holy shit! I was right. Dude, you're going to get raped.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I didn't even read past the first paragraph, but I'm going to agree with everyone else- YOU'RE GOING TO GET RAPED!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
This is weird.... obviously anybody can make them these days but did he at least have a business card?

Make sure you keep your butt cheeks clenched tight whenever he is around!

dude his assistant called me last night at 12:55am to tell me Jaye can not get the Virtual PC file to work

this is after I found out about JAYE

I'm not sure if I should go to the Miami Beach Police

I called that number for the Judge to ask what I should do...

he was not charged yet in that story posted on the net...

I am in deep shit If I do not avoid this guy

not sure what he wants from me

Willco

Hollywood Square
This is pretty amazing. Thank God you don't suck at the Internet.

EDIT: Do we have any Miami forum-goers that are willing to help naz out?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lucky you!!!! now what do you do? that guy has seemed to do his homework... (at lest a little bit...) and we need pics

Willco

Hollywood Square
I think naz is doing the smart thing. Get in contact with the prosecution and judge, see if that is the guy. Meanwhile, there is always safety in numbers and if you're forced into a meeting, I say you bring some GAF muscle.

Blackace

naz said:

well he has the right name...does he look like the pic?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
naz said:
dude his assistant called me last night at 12:55am to tell me Jaye can not get the Virtual PC file to work

this is after I found out about JAYE

I'm not sure if I should go to the Miami Beach Police

I called that number for the Judge to ask what I should do...

he was not charged yet in that story posted on the net...

I am in deep shit If I do not avoid this guy

not sure what he wants from me

God only knows, just try to stay away from this guy. I think you should stay away from the internet cafe for awhile. He sounds kinda fishy when he starts talking about having a new Powerbook but whips out an old one.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I think this pretty much confirms he's that guy and - yeah! - anyone like that is fuckin' dangerous. I'm dead serious in my initial recommendation that you get ahold of the judge or prosecution, the latter being most likely to help. If they want to charge this guy, they can use you and at the same time protect you. Until then, find someone willing to help you out so you're not vulnerable to this guy.

Willco

Hollywood Square
mac said:
You should be fine, as long as you don't piss this guy off.

No way. People like this you can't just walk away from. This guy is a fucking psycho and he has naz's number as well. This is a situation he needs to remove himself from as quick as possible.

Okay I called the judges office and they told me to go to the Police
right now...

so I am getting out of the starbucks and walking to the Miami Beach Station

I hope he is not walking around I keep running into this guy

be back to let you guys know what happend

Willco

Hollywood Square
naz said:
Okay I called the judges office and they told me to go to the Police
right now...

so I am getting out of the starbucks and walking to the Miami Beach Station

I hope he is not walking around I keep running into this guy

be back to let you guys know what happend

Good luck, man. Tell us what happens. If we don't hear back from you in 24 hours, I think it's safe to assume that we must all fly down to Miami to dish out some vengeance.

Blackace

the real Nas... wouldn't be caught up like this

you know I do kinda feel I should call the guy up and just say I do not want to do business

if I go to the police I may end up in deeper shit

just posting this thread is a big mistake to since I can find this thread using google in a few days

I'm just tired of being fucked by people I am in Miami because I got ripped-off in Texas

I'm going to the police

I need to think

Blackace

so he never gave you a card or anything of the such?

Willco

Hollywood Square
dem said:
Hold on.. why are you going to the police?

Is he on the run or something?

He's out on bail. That doesn't mean he's any less dangerous. And if he's pulling new shit, I'm sure that's something the prosecution would like to know. Maybe it'll speed up charges and get this guy in jail, where he obviously belongs...

According to Lee, the district attorney will present this case to a grand jury. It could take six months to a year for a jury to decide if these charges are backed by enough evidence for a trial.

Six months to a year? Naz could be raped by then!

way more

What do you possibly have that this guy wants? Just get away and avoid him. Don't get involved or try to be a hero.

Play it cool, we'll get through this together, you're gonna be allright.

Blackace said:
so he never gave you a card or anything of the such?

nope just acted all important with his assistant walking behind him 2 paces

I knew he was lying about something and I knew something was up...
I did not fall for anything... I just agreed to meet with him and his model Glen Gunna

they out number me and he is dangerous so that is why I am posting
just in case something happens to me

Willco

Hollywood Square
DarienA said:
Yeah I'm confused about this part too...

Because the judge's office told him to go to the police, dude.

People like this target individuals for a reason. It's not like you can be like, "Hey, I don't want to do business," and shake hands and have that be that.

EDIT: Yeah, seriously, you should get a friend or someone as muscle or something.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I mean, if it were me, I'd contact the prosecution before the police. Lawyers love to help when they need something. Like dirt on a potential conviction!

mac is right that is the smart thing to do, yet I never done the smart thing in my life

that man has my phone number and he surfs my site
just wish I knew what I had he wants? is is my powerbook?
does he think he can take art from me or just use me as a legit artist to bring in new Models he can cheat?

Blackace

are you sure it is him? pictures match and everything??

Willco

Hollywood Square
WHO KNOW WHAT HE WANTS. WHO CARES.

Get out of the situation by any means necessary. I'd rather have this guy off the streets. I mean, if you want out, this guy is obviously a psychopath who has your number. What's to stop him from bothering you?

Willco said:
I mean, if it were me, I'd contact the prosecution before the police. Lawyers love to help when they need something. Like dirt on a potential conviction!

wish I knew how to look up the prosecution the judge office just told me go to the police they never said anything else or offered help

I will be back in a few hours

I am on my own and have no family so if I am being targeted I cannot just let it go

I could keep quiet and walk away only if this thread is deleted and he does not have the knowledge that I am on to him

Blackace

naz said:
wish I knew how to look up the prosecution the judge office just told me go to the police they never said anything else or offered help

I will be back in a few hours

I am on my own and have no family so if I am being targeted I cannot just let it go

I could keep quiet and walk away only if this thread is deleted and he does not have the knowledge that I am on to him

if you want it gone... I can make it go away....

Blackace said:
are you sure it is him? pictures match and everything??

yes it is him

positive very! sat with him for hours yesterday

to will:

the thing is its not only him
he works as a team with this assistant (she has no front teeth by the way and asks like his slave)

so if I do put him away (I have nothing on him to do so, he did nothing to me but lie)
someone else will come for me

naz said:

NAZ did you or do you go to TSU, I graduated from there in 1997.

no keep this thread as proof I will need it later

I'm going to ask a cop what I should do...
I won't tell the facts just tell him the situation...

be back later

Holy shit dude. Get the fuck out of this situation ASAP!!!! Tell him that your not gonna be able to help him. Something came up like a death in the family and you're leaving the area. Change your phone number and don't hang around there for awhile..

quadriplegicjon said:
HOLD ON A SEC.

.. this didnt ring any alarms?

yell yeah that did...

okay just got back from the Police Station just asked for advice

they laughed and said to tell the guy I do not want to do business
or tell him I know who he is...??? thats it!

o_O

dem

naz said:
yell yeah that did...

okay just got back from the Police Station just asked for advice

they laughed and said to tell the guy I do not want to do business
or tell him I know who he is...??? thats it!

o_O

I suggest waiting at the cafe for this guy... then confronting him. Say "I know who you are!"
Then wait for your beatdown.

Then sue the cops for giving you horrible, horrible advice.

Top Bottom