• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands Teaser-Trailer - Mask of Mayhem (Borderlands 3 teaser)

I'll laugh if this is a BL Remastered teaser.

Looks like the 4chan leak was right. Hoping someone can confirm this for me tomorrow.

Shifty

Cool. I was left thinking "but where all the colour at tho" for a minute but it works as a teaser.

Seems like the sound staff are still on point too- that wub-wub was almost as good as the BL2 reveal trailer.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I loved BL1, slogged through BL2, and hated TPS. Loved the Telltale game. I'd say I'm a fan of the universe, so I'm excited to see what they're coming out with next.

Im already seeing people panicking on other sites hoping that its not another Battle Royale game with a Borderlands theme......... We'll get to see tomorrow.

Last edited:
Cool. I was left thinking "but where all the colour at tho" for a minute but it works as a teaser.

Seems like the sound staff are still on point too- that wub-wub was almost as good as the BL2 reveal trailer.
The music was Amon Tobin "two fingers" he was the guy who made the Splintercell: Chaos Theory soundtrack and is a fucking genius.

Codes 208

A good way to tell the leak was true.

Look at the part of the high five between brick, Mordecai and the girl, at first I thought it was Lilith but it’s actually a grown up Tina

Not a fan of the music. At all. In any way, shape, or form.

My pre-order finger is itching, I absolutely loved BL1&2 but was lukewarm towards TPS and didn't finish Tales From as I'm not a fan of the gameplay style. Also, without any colour, Brick looks like Marcus Fenix.

desertdroog

Looking back at the series, even the worst part of the game is better than the rivals in this genre.

I love TPS but have harsh criticisms of it at the same time. I wish I could bring my Nisha character into the main BL2 game.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
The music was Amon Tobin "two fingers" he was the guy who made the Splintercell: Chaos Theory soundtrack and is a fucking genius.

200.gif

Also, the pixie cut at the beginning looks like they are channelling Rhianna

giphy.gif

I'm not the biggest BL fan (and replaying BL2 in VR has reminded me why). The gameplay loop is kind of boring, where you are constantly searching containers for crap you don't need, and there's a lot of juggling trash guns that you don't want. The writing can be very hit and miss to. When it hits, it hits hard (Handsome Jack has some great moments), but a lot of the writing is kind of bland and predictable (never a good thing for a comedy). Sometimes, it just feels like it is trying too hard, like a comedian trying to make you give him a dollar to feed his heroin habit. I think the first game had more effortless humor, but I'd have to play it again.

That being said, I'm certainly curious about BL3. There's a lot to like about the series, and with a few gameplay tweaks and a few editing passes on the writing, it could be really amazing.

Nvzman

It's been teased that it was going to be revealed at pax east longer before 4chan "leak"
I don't think its the PAX reveal that makes the 4chan leak true, it's literally all of the details in the trailer that line up almost perfectly with the leak.
Like those twins at the 0:14 mark look exactly like how the 4chan leak described the villains of the game, as twin (male/female) sirens or whatever. Just sayin'.

DanielsM

Banned
Is BL1/2 worth playing if you're not online? I got those two via Xbox Live Gold back in the day but never played them.

Holammer

Is BL1/2 worth playing if you're not online? I got those two via Xbox Live Gold back in the day but never played them.

They're not too bad solo and that's my preferred way of playing them as it's difficult to enjoy the story (which is fine) in a group.
There's some raid content you need a group for.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Music, bad ass (check), swooping shots of bad ass characters (check), stills of people blowing the hell out of things (check), online focus obvious (check).

I'm out. Nothing bores me more than 'bad ass' characters.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Guys don't shit on Borderlands. Randy Pitchfork might appear here to defend whatever it is they are making and that he is NOT a cuck!

Ovek

7Member7
I loved BL1, slogged through BL2, and hated TPS. Loved the Telltale game. I'd say I'm a fan of the universe, so I'm excited to see what they're coming out with next.

The Telltale game is the best thing to come out of this universe.

Barakov

That was actually pretty significant for a teaser trailer. Looking forward to the actual reveal. Good to see that BL is getting its' mojo back.

KINDERFELD

Banned
So is this Borderlands 3 or not.
I'm beginning to become disinterested in this game ever happening because of no concrete information.

scalman

Game should reinvent itself because last part prequal was kinda getting old allready with those bazilions weapons. I mean i loved b1 and b2 but it needs to evolve to something new or make weapons more important not just bazilions of them

One of my favorite series. Played the hell out of borderlands 1&2 solo and co op. Will be picking this up.

So is this Borderlands 3 or not.
I'm beginning to become disinterested in this game ever happening because of no concrete information.

It’s borderlands 3. Wait until tomorrow for the reveal.

Holammer

I smell a Battle Royale inbound...

Gave this some thought, rejected it like a bad organ transplant at first, but now that I mulled it over for a bit... Why not?
A BR mode with "all the legendary" borderlands characters (unlock/micro-transactions) similar to BO4's Blackout mode with class abilities like Realm Royale. It could work and bring in players that normally wouldn't care for the campaign in Solo or Multiplayer, increase the value proposition and player engagement for the game just like Zombies does for COD games.
Borderland's iconic loot chests would fit the mode like a glove and weapon pickups that are randomly generated could be pretty awesome and provide some top-tier hilarity for streaming.

Top Bottom