• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rey is a dark side sleeper agent attracted to light side energy!

pel1300

-Her lack of a relationship with Unkar makes complete sense. They are total strangers.

-Her "longing to be a rebel/resistance member" on Jakku re-framed to be her preparing to be a mole in the resistance.

-Her persistence in getting Finn to give her the location of the resistance base

-Luke senses something is off with her and refuses is repelled by her

-Kylo is not in on the whole secret plan, but gets a glimpse of it when he reads Rey's mind before she shuts him off when she realizes he is getting too much info

-Kylo feels used and betrayed so plans to usurp Snoke, and purposely downplays his power level

-Snoke says "My faithful apprentice" and the camera focuses on a calm, collected Rey, not Kylo Ren.

-Rey is pretending to be green with her fighting style in TFA, then in TLJ in the Supremacy she is done acting like Rey the random and starts fighting like her normal, dark side self (angry and aggressive).

-Rey tries to kill Kylo Ren when he asks her to join him.

l-32426-when-your-friend-asks-what-scene-of-the-last-jedi-you-wa.jpg

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
I will always think that Ray should have joined Kylo at the end of The Last Jedi and confronted Luke at the end with Kylo. And when Luke realises he has fucked up again and let yet another student fall to the dark side he just gives up and dies on his rock.

I am quite interested how they can try and rescue Star Wars from the previous garbage fire.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Am I the only one not excited about the new Star Wars movie? I mean don't get me wrong I'm probably going to see it but the Last Jedi seriously took the wind out of my sails.
I didn't hate it as much as some of the internet but as a second movie in a trilogy designed to get you hyped for the final part it absolutely failed.

My theory for the next movie is the usual thing with JJ. A highly polished very well movie that reminds you heavily of something else. In this case hes making an exact replica of "return of the jedi". I like JJs movies but they sometimes lack originality.
He's absolutely perfect for remakes in general.

JimiNutz

Banned
I wanna see Rey full dark side twirling her double ended pink dildo, I mean lightsaber, in episode 9.

By the end of 9 I want her to burn in fire so that she can become Rey Vader in episode 10.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The Rey being dark side theory has gone on since the first movie, and quite honestly it should be that way, however Disney with the woman power positive and Force is Female, I don't see it happening.

It should happen though, it would be far more interesting and a good twist. Especially the Kylo Redemption as well as subscribing to the theory that Han was the one to rob Ben from the death by sacrificing himself, that way Snoke could not have full control, and Kylo is just a "pretender".

After all, Kylo's eyes should have went orange like Anakin's in that moment, like all Sith sacrificing what remaining light left. He also didn't fire on the bridge his mother was in.

J-Roderton

Please do go in this direction. Don't worry, I'll just pretend like I never read this thread and act crazy surprised when she chops Chewbacas head off with a lightsaber.

Got a little Terminator Salvation in there

Not the movie you wanna copy lol

Interesting theory. Unfortunately it would still mean you can skip TLJ. Is there anything that can save that movie?

i think they made the shit up as they went along...like lost the tv series and now they are stuck with a third act which is never going to live up to expectations

Saruhashi

Banned
i think they made the shit up as they went along...like lost the tv series and now they are stuck with a third act which is never going to live up to expectations

I think the biggest problem for Lost was all the internet discussions and podcasts etc that sprung up around it.
They essentially crowd sourced stories and larger lore that the writers of the show couldn't match.
Writers can't just copy shit from online or there may be copyright troubles.
So they are stuck trying to come up with something that is both different and better than what was already out there from fans.

I remember listening to Lost podcasts where they were coming up with amazing things and I guess they never realized at the time that they were essentially killing off hopes of the show having something equally amazing to offer.

Wouldn't be surprised if something similar to this is behind George R R Martin having so much trouble with finishing A Song of Ice and Fire.
Fans are constantly just throwing ideas out there and some of these will be awesome and the writer need to try and do better than that.

Star Wars has been mostly just the same.
As soon as the trailers and rumors started to drop you get all of these crowd sourced theories and stories.

So for Ep8 they decide to "subvert expectations".
Snoke is a good example because The Internet already came up with all the best ideas for Snoke.
He's Palpatine's old master. He's some kind of balanced being who is half light, half dark etc.
The only thing they had left was "haha gotcha he's nobody". OK.

The only thing Episode 8 had going for it was the ability to hide from criticism by implying that critics were all trolls and russian bots.
Combined with the fact that reviewers seemed genuinely happy to see the fan base pissed off.

Last edited:

DadEggs

i mean thats cool and all, but if this had any validity it wouldn't be so cryptic and far fetched in the films.

but yeah, fun fan theory. thanks for video.

is better than anything disney has done with all the material

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
I take anything at this point that will make her an interesting character. Jar Jar Abrams, please try to fix something.

rivv3r

Banned
I remember getting really invested in theories after Episode 7 came out. And then episode 8 came out. Star Wars theories are dead. Sorry, OP.

Last edited:

Joyful

why would they wait till the third movie, wouldnt the ending of the last jedi have been the perfect time

dan76

I will always think that Ray should have joined Kylo at the end of The Last Jedi and confronted Luke at the end with Kylo. And when Luke realises he has fucked up again and let yet another student fall to the dark side he just gives up and dies on his rock.

I am quite interested how they can try and rescue Star Wars from the previous garbage fire.

Or he didn't die, and episode 9 has him fighting along side Leia against Rey and Kylo... In an alternate universe this is a thing.

Uhtred

Remember when Finn asks Rey how she flew the Falcon like that with no prior experience, and she says I don't know....................................

Ovek

7Member7
Remember when Finn asks Rey how she flew the Falcon like that with no prior experience, and she says I don't know....................................

It's "The Force™" guiding her, you know like Luke "letting go" and firing torpedoes without targeting in to the tiny death star vent. Or at least that's what I think they are going for with Rey.

cryptoadam

Banned
They should of pulled a Hart/Austin and went with the double turn, with Kylo turning face and Rey heel. Kylo+Luke vs Rey+Snoke would of been way more interesting than ghost Luke. Could of even mirrored Obi Wan/Vader fight in a New Hope.

But no way they make Rey the bad guy... I mean bad girl. Too much invested in Rey too make her bad. She is the ultimate hero destined to save the galaxy where everything just falls into her lap. Think about all the little girls that will be disapointed that their hero was really a bad guy all along.

Rey will kick everyones ass and then use the power of love to turn Kyle good even though his dad, mom, and Luke couldn't. But Rey is pretty hot so can't really blame him. And Rey will save the universe, everyone will be happy and then Disney will need more $$$ so Episode 10 magically the second order and 2 new siths will appear out of nowhere to once again built a giant deathstar.

Verdanth

OP wrote a good plot twist that the next movie will not have. Rey is lightside and represents the power of women, lol. No way she turns to the darkside.

pel1300

I hate that people think I was actually trying to make sense of the fuckin atrocity that is TLJ.

No...I'm just pointing out what could have been.

Fuck TLJ.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
They didn’t think it through this much

If ep 8 told us anything it’s that we are dumb for trying to imagine what will happen because nothing has been written and they will just pull something out of nowhere even if it makes no sense, and if you don’t like it, you are a bad person. Having an imagination now makes you a bad person.

Truth is there is no grand theory. No plan at all. The other place is already running with the false narrative “So just like the OT then lol”

No.

George Lucas spent years writing and rewriting drafts for the first film, he ended up with material for way more than that, including ideas that would only appear in the prequels & sequels decades later.

This is more like exquisite corpse, where one artist makes 33% of a drawing, passes it to another who draws another 33% without looking at the first part, then they do it again for the last third

Last edited:

Uhtred

It's "The Force™" guiding her, you know like Luke "letting go" and firing torpedoes without targeting in to the tiny death star vent. Or at least that's what I think they are going for with Rey.

How can the force be so strong with a Rey nobody?

Tesseract

Banned
there's no setup for this, rey hasn't really struggled with the dark side

she's an overpowered try hard jedi knight fake with guardian issues

that said i'm all for something like this happening as a fuck you to the fans

Last edited:
Rey is actually Kylo Ren's cosmetic surgeon. They don't know it yet, but when he gets a nose job in IX, Rey will be mystically pulled into the same room, pulls out a light sabre and slashes it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Absurd rumors, she’s emotionally connected to her teammates (Poe, Finn etc.) you automatically know she’s good when you see her seeking out knowledge from Luke lol creating this dark side heel change for Rey just seems kinda unfair and but I do think she is different.

pramod

Maybe she is possessed by Palpatine. This way she can still be a good person who is just an unwitting pawn.

pel1300

I made the opening crawl for it!

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLb1esVxQr_auuNdm_Hk

STAR WARS

EPISODE IX

KNIGHTS OF REN

Rey has revealed her true identity. She is a long time apprentice of the late Supreme Leader Snoke, and a secret member of the Knights of Ren.

Rey, who specializes in deception and espionage, invented a hollow backstory of being a scavenger from Jakku in order to infiltrate the Resistance. Well trained in the dark side of the force, she has an attraction to light side energy. This enabled her to sense the map to Skywalker inside BB8 and Luke's lightsaber in TFA. Her secret mission was to find Luke Skywalker and plant a bridge for her master, Snoke, to communicate with him.

Because Luke senses something dark in Rey, he rejects her and gives her bogus lessons instead of actual training. In the midst of this, Rey succeeds in planting a communication bridge for Snoke to pose as Ghost Yoda and convince Luke to commit suicide by overexerting himself as a hologram. But now her master Snoke is dead, so Rey has returned to the Resistance posing as a Rey the scavenger from Jakku as she awaits the return of her comrades, the Knights of Ren...

Rey is an enormous red herring. It's all about kylo. Rey is insignificant and kylo kills her. Kylo fucking kills everyone. Then his true reign starts. He's a ruthless motherfucker with zero empathy. Power is the only point. Takes over planets. He's the ghenghis Khan of space. The force is critically unbalanced and kylo doesn't give a FUCK. Along comes that little boy from the post credits of TFA. He's unrelated to anyone we knew previous and he's gonna bring balance to the force.

Ovek

7Member7
How can the force be so strong with a Rey nobody?

Well now thats the thing, maybe you don't need a skywalker blood line to be strong in the force. And I think they are going for very strong in the force with Ray.

I made the opening crawl for it!

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLb1esVxQr_auuNdm_Hk

STAR WARS

EPISODE IX

KNIGHTS OF REN

Rey has revealed her true identity. She is a long time apprentice of the late Supreme Leader Snoke, and a secret member of the Knights of Ren.

Rey, who specializes in deception and espionage, invented a hollow backstory of being a scavenger from Jakku in order to infiltrate the Resistance. Well trained in the dark side of the force, she has an attraction to light side energy. This enabled her to sense the map to Skywalker inside BB8 and Luke's lightsaber in TFA. Her secret mission was to find Luke Skywalker and plant a bridge for her master, Snoke, to communicate with him.

Because Luke senses something dark in Rey, he rejects her and gives her bogus lessons instead of actual training. In the midst of this, Rey succeeds in planting a communication bridge for Snoke to pose as Ghost Yoda and convince Luke to commit suicide by overexerting himself as a hologram. But now her master Snoke is dead, so Rey has returned to the Resistance posing as a Rey the scavenger from Jakku as she awaits the return of her comrades, the Knights of Ren...

See that would have been fab.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Rey is an enormous red herring. It's all about kylo. Rey is insignificant and kylo kills her. Kylo fucking kills everyone. Then his true reign starts. He's a ruthless motherfucker with zero empathy. Power is the only point. Takes over planets. He's the ghenghis Khan of space. The force is critically unbalanced and kylo doesn't give a FUCK. Along comes that little boy from the post credits of TFA. He's unrelated to anyone we knew previous and he's gonna bring balance to the force.

I really like this and had a similar idea. I hope he keeps Rey as his pet Vader though as well.

Basically this trilogy is all about Kylo and ends with him 'winning' and ruling the galaxy.

Last edited:

HarryKS

They messed up with Kylo's intro in the first movie, when he slaughters innocents in the village. By movie logic, he cannot be redeemed unless he dies.

If he had hustled them around instead, there'd be a chance of him being the winner, but it's not gonna happen.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I gotta wonder if Dinsey looks at TLJ and shakes their heads realizing how much it screwed everything up. Say what you will about TFA, it had its issues, major ones, but it still at least gave you some hope for the next one. TLJ just seems to have left everyone disinterested in Star Wars.

How in the hell can a middle film fail so much at its primary job?

Jubenhimer

Fuck it, at this point, I'd acccept anything as cannon with this trilogy. I feel Ryan Johnson and JJ Abrams are just making shit up as they go along at this point.

pimentel1

Banned

Hey, hey, Lost kicked ass all the way to the end. You just got to watch that small extra warehouse clip after the series to truly enjoy Lost and not be pissed off by the ending.

Druz

Hey, hey, Lost kicked ass all the way to the end. You just got to watch that small extra warehouse clip after the series to truly enjoy Lost and not be pissed off by the ending.
The ending was bad... Small extra warehouse clip??

pimentel1

Banned
The ending was bad... Small extra warehouse clip??

The real ending: The New Man in Charge.

And I thought The Last Jedi was good. A little too much cgi and lens flares, but it worked. It’s no Empire Strikes Back, but I don’t think we’ll ever see a Star Wars that good on the big screen again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom