• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cardi B "used to drug and rob men"

• Thread starter Deleted member 740922
  • Start date

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I like her as a performer, but I can certainly understand people being upset over what seems to be a double standard because she's a woman. If a male performer publicly stated that a few years ago he was taking people to a hotel and secretly drugging them, he'd most likely be dropped from his label and all endorsement deals in a split second. She went even further then drugged them, and admitted to robbing them after. That's pretty messed up.

I do not think her skin color has anything to do with the lack of consequences though.

Understandable, but do some of you guys realize that Jay-Z has admitted to being a drug dealer in his younger years? There are many guys that have admitted to doing crimes in their younger years and kept their endorsements. But, it's very possible that this crowd at GAF might not be aware of that. But I'm here to tell you that men have admitted to these things before.

The double standard some are speaking of exist because there's a crazy amount of dudes out here that actually drugging women and then rape them. Not that many women are doing that to men. Also she robbed these guys of their money. Like can we as men admit that drugging and raping someone is worse than someone getting drugged and then robbed? Can we all agree on this part?

NickFire

Understandable, but do some of you guys realize that Jay-Z has admitted to being a drug dealer in his younger years? There are many guys that have admitted to doing crimes in their younger years and kept their endorsements. But, it's very possible that this crowd at GAF might not be aware of that. But I'm here to tell you that men have admitted to these things before.

The double standard some are speaking of exist because there's a crazy amount of dudes out here that actually drugging women and then rape them. Not that many women are doing that to men. Also she robbed these guys of their money. Like can we as men admit that drugging and raping someone is worse than someone getting drugged and then robbed? Can we all agree on this part?
I gotta say, for me personally, as in if it happened to me, it would depend on who the perpetrator was. Like, if Margot Robbie was doing the drugging, the robbing would be much worse. :messenger_grinning:

As for your point about Jay-Z, he's one of many. Tim Allen was a drug dealer too (if I remember right). As for why people are upset about Cardi, I don't think its the fact she committed crimes per se. I think its all about the drugging and then committing crimes. But your point is still spot on. She wasn't raping people, and as a general rule that is far worse than taking some money from a sleeping John. But in 2019, I still think a guy who admitted to doing what she did, would be dropped from his label immediately.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The double standard is that dudes who get caught doing that now are cancelled. See Cosby, R Kelly, Louis CK. The double standard is why they cancelled and she not?

Saying that men do commit these crimes is beside the point, it’s not as if it’s OKAY that they do these crimes. Many are conflating two different unrelated things. Jay Z selling drugs would only be relevant here if he drugged people into unconsciousness, fucked them, stole from them, then proceeded to boast about it NOW. She is talking about this shit NOW, this is not some 90s stuff from decades ago.

Last edited:

manfestival

The double standard is that dudes who get caught doing that now are cancelled. See Cosby, R Kelly, Louis CK. The double standard is why they cancelled and she not?
Louis CK didn't do anything wrong. What he did was a bit weird but people attacking him are the worst of the worst

Wimbledon

A woman has to do whatever she can to survive in this world dominated by toxic masculinity. So brave that she admitted this but she shouldn't be punished as her actions were necessary.

Men need to take a long hard think about why it is necessary for women to do this to them. As a man I apologise to Cardi for having to drug my fellow men to say safe and rob them to make up for the inadequate wages that we were paying her. Stay safe Cardi.

This made my day, god i love this site. lol

Last edited:
Cmon y’all she was just short circuiting the long standing use of divorce to save the courts time and money. Better to drug a lawyer and take his shit than marry a doctor and pay the divorce lawyer fees.

Doing God’s work if you ask me.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

She probably could be if someone came forward with actual evidence that she did this to them. But as for now, many people in entertainment have admitted to doing criminal stuff earlier in their lives. Usually, the statute of limitations keeps them safe from being charged with those crimes.

And her saying this on IG Live is such a stupid idea. Ranting about it in that way looks unprofessional and sloppy. She should have wrote about it in a book or talked about it in a chilled out interview to explain the situation and publically apologize for it and move on. The setting was terrible. She has to learn, she can't and shouldn't use Social Media for everything.
Now why would she do that when she know she has sycophantic fans like you who will swoop in and defend her bullshit?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Now why would she do that when she know she has sycophantic fans like you who will swoop in and defend her bullshit?

You are not a smart person if you think I'm a sycophantic fan of Cardi's. But we can't expect all of our posters on GAF to be smart, can we?

Top Bottom