• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As a TV and Movie buff, I'm desperate for more

I tend to prefer Sci fi.

Anyone know of any good movies or shows? They don't have to be recent, just decent. If it's sci fi I can enjoy it even if it's a 7/10 show or a 6/10 movie. For all other genres they have to be at least 8's and 9's.

Javthusiast

Banned
I tend to prefer Sci fi.

Anyone know of any good movies or shows? They don't have to be recent, just decent. If it's sci fi I can enjoy it even if it's a 7/10 show or a 6/10 movie. For all other genres they have to be at least 8's and 9's.

If you haven't seen it yet, The Expanse. Best sci fi show currently airing. Season 4 coming to amazon soon.

Nymphae

Banned
I read today in the newspaper Supernatural is the longest running Sci-fi show in US history. Seems weird. Decent show though, I only watched some early stuff but I liked the X-Files monster of the week thing.

By the way watch X-Files.

badblue

I can enjoy it even if it's a 7/10 show or a 6/10 movie. For all other genres they have to be at least 8's and 9's.

Personal or professional rating? I've enjoyed many movies/shows that have a much lower professional critical rating. If something sounds interesting, give it a chance before discounting it because someone else's subjective taste rates it 4/10 - 5/10.

daveonezero

The Expanse. Maybe my favorite show ever. I first watched it when it came out but couldn't stand the SciFi network commercials. When it recently came to Amazon I binged it with my GF and got really into it. The acting is great and I like the special effects. Season 3 ends with such great potential I hope they can do a lot more. I will probably read the books soon.

Defiance like Dark Matter were my jam, but they were cancelled, as is custom.

I've seen everything else mentioned, except supernatural, now now that's just fantasy/munsters show, it is hardly science fiction.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
have you ever seen John Carpenter's first movie "Dark Star"?

Aliens meets 2001 but it's a comedy. it's incredible.

Last edited:
Yes yes yes etc to all of the above Now, Babylon 5 is something I want to finish watching (only just started season 2). but it's on the cards. One show is not enough.

Bwesh

Robot & Frank
What Happened to Monday
Life
Limitless (the movie, not the series)
Westworld (series)
About Time (my wife loves this)
Groundhog Day

Cato

Banned
I tend to prefer Sci fi.

Not super old stuff:
LEXX is pretty good. Very different, but good. Can recommend.
Star Trek Continues is awesome if you like the original series.

Older stuff:
Space 1999 is a classic.
Buck Rogers too. Season 2 is where the famous BirdMan is from.
(you see it is low budged when the plywood cave from last episode is just repainted a different color. Different color == different planet.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom