• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

D.Final

Banned
I am very curious to see, and discover, the details of Ardyn's past.

One of the best villan ever made for a Final Fantasy.
And one of the many reasons why I consider Final Fantasy XV one of the best Final Fantasy ever made.

One of the best games of this console generation.
And a great and magnificent Multimedia Universe.

What advice to anyone looking for an epic story to live into a splendid and great journey :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

royox

One of the best villan ever made for a Final Fantasy

We still don't know his story as it's coming in an anime dlc precuel and a paid dlc, how do you know this? Do you work in Squeenix and have info we don't? Please share!!

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
If one plays the game of Final Fantasy XV, and one is able to read the text of the dialogues during the conversations in the game, then it will already have some excellent and solid bases to say what the story of Ardyn, as it is, and his role in the Lore of the Final Fantasy XV universe.

The anime, and the extra DLC, of Episode Ardyn are useful for further details on the character story and Lore.
But Ardyn, as a character, is already characterized a lot in the Narrative Universe of Final Fantasy XV.

And especially in the game.

So, if one can read (and if one has the desire to remember the role of the character villan, in the history of the game), then he will already know from what bases we will start to tell his story.

And, moreover, Ardyn is such a charismatic and excellent villan who, together with Kefka of FF VI, manage to be the best villan of the whole Final Fantasy saga.

And this is something that makes Final Fantasy XV, in fact (together with its great OST), a masterpiece.

Last edited:

royox

He indeed is charismatic but that's it. Nothing he does ingame makes him an "amazing villain". He pulls an "it was me all along!" That everybody saw coming after watching the movie. He kills a girl that had less than 10 minutes worth of screen time has 3 funny words before fighting him and that's everything you get from him in the game. Of course he's still one of the best villains since Sefiroth but that speaks more about the low quality of villains of the saga than Ardyn himself.

And this is something that makes Final Fantasy XV, in fact (together with its great OST), a masterpiece

Better suport those facts with something. Such master piece that was nominated for 1 goty award and lost it against Persona5 lol . Tabata had to apologize for the horrible storytelling and even had to abandon Squeenix after the backlash. They had to add cutscenes with patches months after the release of the game and basic fearures like character switch or free driving around the world. Such a master piece. Maybe the "royal THIS TIME FOR SURE! HD redux Directors Cut" edition that will be released on PS5 will be a masterpiece.

D.Final

Banned
He indeed is charismatic but that's it. Nothing he does ingame makes him an "amazing villain". He pulls an "it was me all along!" That everybody saw coming after watching the movie. He kills a girl that had less than 10 minutes worth of screen time has 3 funny words before fighting him and that's everything you get from him in the game. Of course he's still one of the best villains since Sefiroth but that speaks more about the low quality of villains of the saga than Ardyn himself.

Better suport those facts with something. Such master piece that was nominated for 1 goty award and lost it against Persona5 lol . Tabata had to apologize for the horrible storytelling and even had to abandon Squeenix after the backlash. They had to add cutscenes with patches months after the release of the game and basic fearures like character switch or free driving around the world. Such a master piece. Maybe the "royal THIS TIME FOR SURE! HD redux Directors Cut" edition that will be released on PS5 will be a masterpiece.

wqYEyFE.jpg

This is to say that I, and many other players in the world, consider Final Fantasy XV a masterpiece of this generation.

Whether you like it or not.

(For me, Final Fantasy XV is a masterpiece at the same level as The Witcher 3, and even more beautiful)

So, politely, if you do not care about Final Fantasy XV because you did not like it, then at least have the courtesy to leave in peace the players who are passionate about Final Fantasy XV, and its Narrative Universe, at least!

Since everyone can be free to take an interest in a game or not.
So, live and let fans of Final Fantasy XV live.
And leave me, and my opinion, alone!

Im not some big FF fan but bought FF15 day one and if i didnt have to eat and sleep, i would of never stopped playing it. I was instantly hooked. A game that finally achieves escaping reality and enjoying another beautiful world and that calm music, just fits perfectly.

I didnt have a problem with the story because I watched Kingsclave first. But I could totally see the confusion for those that haven't because the game kicks off right after the movie but doesnt even explain what happened.

Xmengrey

I got FFXV liked some of it didn't like quite a lot of it. Felt like a game whose parts were greater than the entire whole. The ending, the world, the characters sans Luna she's garbage and boring, Episode Ignis, graphics, monster designs, character designs, and the visual work CGI all wasted on this mess of a game combat system, story, boss fights are mediocre to garbage at best.

Well here's hoping for that XVersus/World of Versus/VersusXV rumor to be true hopefully the parts will be greater than the sum this time with a great combat system, story and better boss fights especially Leviathan that shit was trash.

D.Final

Banned
Published a few hours ago, here is shown the second teaser trailer of Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn
- Prologue.

A history of the past, which will reveal new details on the tormented story of Ardyn.

And on the conflict that led him to fight the Gods he had served.

An epic battle between dynasties and gods will begin.

Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I can not wait to see it :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Which, already from what they have shown, it seems really fantastic.

Xmengrey

Published a few hours ago, here is shown the second teaser trailer of Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn
- Prologue.

A history of the past, which will reveal new details on the tormented story of Ardyn.

And on the conflict that led him to fight the Gods he had served.

An epic battle between dynasties and gods will begin.

Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I can not wait to see it :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Which, already from what they have shown, it seems really fantastic.

Well hopefully Episode Ardyn isn't the only place we see him again #FFVersusXV by Nomura
PLEAASE
:messenger_face_steam::messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

base

Banned
FFXV was meh. Deal with it. Wouldn't even call it Final Fantasy. More like camping simulator and noodle eater.

D.Final

Banned
The prologue of Episode Ardyn was shown and released today.

And, along with it, a trailer with the release date :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Hype! :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Now I will still watch Episode Ardyn Prologue for at least 7/8 to analyze it for good, and also because it is very cool :messenger_sunglasses:

D.Final

Banned
ekspEqX.jpg

Square Enix has released first information and screenshots of Final Fantasy XV expansion “Episode Ardyn,” which was recently dated for release on March 26.

Get the details below.

■ Story
35 years before the events of Final Fantasy XV. Verstael Besithia, a researcher belonging to the Empire of Niflheim, releases Ardyn Lucis Caelum from 2,000 years of imprisonment. Led to the Imperial research facility, Ardyn discovers a certain truth and decides to take revenge upon the Kingdom of Lucis.​
SUG4HA9.jpg

KktiAI9.jpg

QOsW9A1.jpg

3kROWUE.jpg

■ Infiltrate the Crown City Insomnia

Ardyn infiltrates Insomnia to destroy the peaceful Crown City, which is surrounded by a magic barrier. And what does Ardyn see beyond his revenge…?

VssP2LB.jpg

d8fXQWB.jpg

DLb14Oo.jpg

PnjhRXJ.jpg

■ Characters

Characters from main story of Final Fantasy XV will appear in “Episode Ardyn” several decades younger. New characters such as Ardyn’s beloved Aera Mils Fleuret and his younger brother Somnus Lucis Caelum will also appear.

Verstael Besithia

A scientist belonging to the Niflheim Imperial Army, and the leading magitek researcher. He took notice of the Lucis outlaw dubbed “Adagium” and released Ardyn from his imprisonment on Angelgard.

ThIou4U.jpg

Aera Mils Fleuret

The first Oracle, chosen as the bridge between humankind and the divine. She and Ardyn were deeply in love with each other.

SqUZUK8.jpg

Regis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum’s father and the 113th King of Lucis. He puts his heart and soul into protecting the Kingdom of Lucis from the Niflheim Empire’s frequent invasions.

BcQpxs5.jpg

H40b2T2.jpg

Somnus Lucis Caelum

Ardyn’s younger brother and the Founder King of Lucis. Dubbed the “Mystic” based on his feats in battle. He imprisoned his older brother Ardyn, who had become a daemon, and ascended to the throne.

Hve9ITX.jpg

2NvgX1E.jpg

■ Various New Systems

New systems have been implemented that are unique to Ardyn, who possesses the power of daemons.

Shadow Move to Points on the Map

By using the power of daemons, Ardyn can freely move about at high speeds to points on the map with the “Shadow Move” ability.

BpGWXAu.jpg

Vo1VPG6.jpg

Daemonification

Ardyn has the special power to transform enemies into daemons and render them powerless. By successfully landing a finishing attack (landing five consecutive hits), you will then be able to use the one-hit kill special attack “Daemonification” (official English name pending).

You can also activate Daemonification by successfully landing a sequence of attacks following a back-attack. Utilize Ardyn’s Shadow Move to attack the enemy from behind.

inwcOge.jpg

mLB0PaT.jpg

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/final-fantasy-xv-dlc-episode-ardyn-first-details-screenshots

+

The Japanese Square Enix e-Store is now taking pre-orders for a “Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future Celebration Box” due out on April 25 for 4,860 yen, which includes the following:

jjzl4nS.jpg

• Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future novel (page number TBA)
  • Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn – Prologue Blu-Ray disc
  • Art booklet (48 pages)
  • Original post card set (four 100mm x 147mm post cards)
  • Original coaster (90mm x 90mm)

A western version of the novel is also planned.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/final-f...anime-short-now-available#WPTrIu5UwgtRjAr7.99

D.Final

Banned

Square Enix will host the final “Active Time Report” live stream for Final Fantasy XV on March 26 from 20:00 to 21:00 JST, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube and Niconico.
Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report: Final” will feature Final Fantasy XV update news, the latest on the Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future novel, and the more information and gameplay of the Final Fantasy XV downloadable content “Episode Ardyn.” Presenters include Final Fantasy XV global brand director Akio Ofuji, and “Episode Ardyn” producer Yuji Shinoda and director Takefumi Takeda.

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/final-f...e-stream-set-for-march-26#dAxK3PSMqjvjh7wy.99

D.Final

Banned
The Update 1.29 is out now.

Here is the list of updates dedicated to Episode Ardyn:

Update 1.29 / Revision 1252180 Patch Notes

SIZE (PS4): 9.233 GB.

SIZE (XB1): 10.58 GB.

SIZE (PC): 2.2 GB.

Additions
  • Addition of compatibility with EPISODE ARDYN.
  • Addition of pieces of music (three) from EPISODE ARDYN to the music player tracklist.
  • Addition of seven trophies for EPISODE ARDYN
Adjustment
  • Master Assassin Robes (Noctis only) are now available in users' inventories.
Bug Fixes
  • Various bug fixes.

While here is the one dedicated to the Comrades expansion:

Comrades (Standalone) Update 1.03 Patch Notes

SIZE (PS4): 1.277 GB.

SIZE (XB1): 1.41 GB.

Additions
  • Addition of the Warrior's Armor (male-only) to the INGEM system line up.
  • Addition of the Street Attire (female only) to the INGEM system line up.
  • Implementation of a new Bonus Quest and additional prizes.1
  • Bonus Quest: An Inspector Caws.
  • Challenge Quest: Feathered Foe: Kenny Crow
  • Addition of trophy for Comrades (Standalone) March Update: Golden Nester: Defeated Kenny Crow.
Bug Fixes
  • Various bug fixes.
1: To access the new bonus quest players must clear all prior Bonus Quests, and all other quests.

D.Final

Banned
Preview of Episode Ardyn from Famitsu magazine.

O5u5WoS.jpg

And in about 10 hours the streaming dedicated to Episode Ardyn will begin.

p0rTTQn.jpg

D.Final

Banned
A few more photos from the last ATR of the
Final Fantasy XV Dawn of the Future
Celebration Box package

BcLoWU4.jpg

R9f1nUs.jpg

8ZQVQKL.jpg

yapJcwW.jpg

CDM9H44.jpg

rYoMvV8.jpg

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
The new DLC was great and Ardyn was a ton of fun to play as (more fun than I thought he would be). It was nice to see his backstory as well and learn more about his motivations during the main game.
The Kenny Crow fight being added to Comrades sounds awesome but I think I'm done with the mode and don't plan on diving back in (too much of a grind for me).

D.Final

Banned
Episode Ardyn was truly remarkable and spectacular.

Now I am very curious to read the Novel.
And in the meantime I dedicate myself to my third run with Final Fantasy XV :messenger_smiling_hearts:

royox

So finally Noctis met the most powerful being he will ever witness with his eyes xD

DtG3Fqp.jpg

Ty for the food best buddy :D
hnBhG9E.jpg

He even takes a picture with you, would be a nice touch if you could connect both games and one of the pictures at the credits was the one in FFXIV...buuuuut It's FFXV's team so I don't expect anything from them.

D.Final

Banned
The Novel "Dawn of the Future" by Final Fantasy XV will be released in about a week.

And I'm very curious to know the story of the alternative timeline, where they will fight against fate.
Or rather, against the will of Bahamut.

Especially after the big revelations of Episdoe Ardyn.

Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Rodolink

Just started the game already 20 hours, i got addicted somehow. Been loving the gameplay is pretty solid although im getting into the danger state a lot.

D.Final

Banned
The Novel of Final Fantasy XV The Dawn Of The Future that will tell the alternative events of a different timeline of the game universe, through the stories of the characters of Ardyn, Aranea, Luna and Noctis, is now available in Japan.

More and future information is expected on Novel's arrival in America and Europe :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Full Book Cover artwork

iMLxr0Z.jpg

And Celebration Box

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Interview with the voice actor of Ardyn's character, Darin DePaul.

And, moreover, here are also some shots from the newly released Novel in Japan.

ptAUQAK.jpg

xzMqQkr.jpg

RavageX

Just finished the main story. As a whole I enjoyed the game, but I waited till most of it was patched, etc. I can see how ppl who played it from release could be upset.

I do wish it had been fully realized...

D.Final

Banned

Los Angeles (May 17, 2019) – Penguin Random House Publisher Services (PRHPS) today announced a multi-year sales and distribution agreement with Square Enix, Inc. (SEA, a US-based subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.) to introduce a new line of English-language manga, novels, and art books, beginning in Fall 2019, across all sales channels worldwide.

The Japanese multimedia entertainment company is best known internationally for their gaming properties, which include FINAL FANTASY®, TOMB RAIDER®, DRAGON QUEST®and NieR:Automata®titles on game consoles and mobile platforms, but in Japan, Square Enix is also a renowned book and magazine publisher. The company has previously licensed their manga properties (including hits like FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST®, SOUL EATER® and Black Butler®) to US-based publishers, but the new program marks their entry into the English-language market directly, publishing graphic novels and other book products under SQUARE ENIX for the first time through all major book sales channels.

The new imprint’s launch will be anchored by FINAL FANTASY XV: The Dawn of the Future, a novel containing a new chapter in the FINAL FANTASY XVuniverse; the manga Hi Score Girl, which was adapted into a hit anime on Netflix; A Man and His Cat (Japanese title: Oji-sama to Neko), the pet-themed comedy that was the bestselling new manga in Japan during the first half of 2018; and the complete edition of the global mega-hit manga Soul Eater.

“We are excited to have this opportunity to introduce our wide variety of books with the help of PRHPS to our new readers,” said Katsuyoshi Matsuura, Executive Officer and Vice President of Publication Business Unit, Square Enix Co., Ltd. Masaaki Shimizu, General Manager and Publisher of Book Publishing Division, SEA who is responsible of the new program, said, “We’re so excited that we now have the full support from PRHPS for achieving our goals to introduce more English translated books and expand our reach to new audiences.”

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Square Enix for their venture into the worldwide, English-speaking market,” added Jeff Abraham, President, Penguin Random House Publisher Services. “We see significant opportunity for their exciting and original program to succeed here.”

End 2019.
No further details are available.
More details could come in the coming weeks.

D.Final

Banned
I wonder when they could announce the opening of the pre-orders for the Novel The Dawn of The Future.
[for America and Europe]
(because for the moment we only know that it will arrive by the end of the year, generic)

I hope that for the TGS 2019 (or maybe even for October) they will say a little something about it.

Because I can't wait to have it :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Top Bottom