• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The annual 'What are you reading thread' # 98650486 ?

Yamauchi

Banned
I read Orson Scott Card's The Worthing Saga last week. Putting everything else aside, I truly love the way OSC tells spanning, epic stories. I read Dune this week, the first time I've read it within a decent timeframe (not weeks between readings). Awesome storytelling told through sometimes annoying writing ("Presently,"). I just started Redemption Ark by Alastair Reynolds. It seems interesting so far. I've promised myself I'll read at least one book every week this year.

nitewulf

Yamauchi said:
I just started Redemption Ark by Alastair Reynolds. It seems interesting so far.
wait, are you saying that's the first of the trilogy you're reading?
you should start at the beginning, revelation space.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I'm gonna start Fear & Loathing in LV tonight. Never read it before.

Yamauchi

Banned
nitewulf said:
wait, are you saying that's the first of the trilogy you're reading?
you should start at the beginning, revelation space.
No, I started with Revelation Space. That seems like it was a long time ago, though. Maybe five years.

ManaByte

Stopping by Barnes & Noble or Borders after work to pick this up and read it over the weekend:
0765313898.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64256001_.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
0375725237.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

On the recommendation of a friend ("it's about a sociopath, you'll love it!") I read this while in Albany this week. Really fantastic, and I'm not above saying that I could identify with the protagonist at times. I'll definitely be checking out more of Banville's work in the future.

Bill Buford's Heat and one of the Hard Case Crime books are waiting in the wings.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I finished Fear and Loathing in LV recently and loved it. What other HST book should I pick up?

Top Bottom