• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "anti woke crowd" of Velma TV series and the "cancel crowd" of Hogwarts Legacy are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... two very opposing demograpics that would probably not have nice things to say about the other... Yet... the internet has groom both of them in a trap of false "call to action". In return, you produce attention to a thing and give it awareness. If the goal was to express your dislike for it and for others to avoid it, you failed. .

The internet has no concept of good or bad. All the internet knows is a word like "Velma" is trending or a tweet with an image that says "I will lnot be playing this game because..." is popular.

I look at people in the marco lens.

Granted while one is a video game made by developers who were given an IP who, like the IP itself, does not expresses the views of its creator, the other is a classic animated IP that was intentionally re design to thought provoke both its target audience and anti audience.

From this, you can understand that there are content and media with either unintentional or intentional emotional reaction. But it's you the consumer that must understand the difference and react accordingly.

STOP GIVING THINGS YOU DISLIKE ATTENTION OVER THE INTERNET.

Last edited:

Kilau

What was the call to action for Velma? All it did was provide content for YouTubers to bitch about.

On the other side, there was an organized harassment campaign for anyone that dared to even say they were interested in a video game.

Not comparable.

Woggleman

They are both cut from the same cloth. Let people make the art they want to make and people can take it or leave it. It doesn't have to turn into some major battleground.

belmarduk

Is Velma so bad it’s good though? I don’t have HBO Max but if I did I pro would have watched it out of curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom