• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

TsuWave

Reset supposed to go live today. They working fast but it's a big task. They are going to start by inviting the discords first. They vetted people in those chats already. Eventually they will have a system in place involving paid emails just like GAF. It'll be up in due time.

I hope the layout is similar to gaf’s. I find it one of the reasons I have not remained active in other sites/forums is cause the layout is usually awful/a cluttered mess. They should really just say fuck it and rip off gaf’s.

?Left behind wat? I'm STAYING on Neogaf by choice.

Dude you just walked in the door and you're trying to lambast people for breaking up the community. How could you possibly have an emotional attachment?

I don't even post in this thread regularly and I'm laughing at you trying to pull rank.

I mostly lurked but BCT and gaf hop we're the reason I joined gaf. At the time it was amazing to me to see other black ppl come together on a forum like this and just shoot the shit, felt like something I needed in my life and truly changed my outlook on life as black American.

O well at least some of bct from what I've seen has made it to s l a e n t. Thanks for the good times

Sumire Kanzaki

Neo Member
But there's no way I (and it's safe to say a bunch of us), could continue to post or lurk here regularly after everything that's gone down. It really is better to just move on at this point.

I regret not posting more, but reading this thread everyday made me a better person, and a better Black Man as a whole. Realizing that I still have a lot to learn, I was glad I had a place to do it.

If you guys end up starting back up in Resetera, I'll be happy to actually apply what I've learned by participating.

"Everything that has a Sunrise, must in turn, have a Sunset."

Africanus

Well, although I haven't been as active here as I was in the past, it's still been real. It's a shame things went belly up, and I'd love to have a discord link if possible if anyone's still around to give one.

Probably going to jump ship in the next few days, but keep it black and keep it real y'all.

Do we need BCT credentials or just a pro-Black post history?

It's sad the ship is sinking. My Black ass really needs that institutional racism thread back. More knowledge in those 9 pages than my 23 years of schooling.

Didn't post here much (mostly because of anxiety with online forums) but i recall doing an intro, would love to speak with some of you guys through discord if possible.

Think really hard because you missed my point.

Nigeria Yoruba, born in a village outside of lagos spent all of 6 months there before moving to england.. if i would have stayed there I would be Idris Elba. I wish :(

Lagos is a state. If you from a village outside of Lagos then you from a different state.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I could never get an invite to the discords, so I'll just wait until they open up the new site for paid emails. I have both a paid email, and my work email, so we'll see.

CommanderBuck

Neo Member
It’s a damn Shame to see it end like this. I’ve enjoyed this thread and it was the reason I joined Neogaf. If y’all start up somewhere else I’ll find you guys. Until then be safe fam...

ApharmdX

Banned
I've mostly lurked as well, but occasionally posted. Sad to see it come to this, but I hope this community finds new life elsewhere. Y'all have been great, and I've learned plenty, even though I'm close to 40 now.

Later fellas.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ignore the troll, fam. Same guy has been posting thinfsnin multiple communities to role people up.
I could never get an invite to the discords, so I'll just wait until they open up the new site for paid emails. I have both a paid email, and my work email, so we'll see.
I am in the same boat and don't want to pester people who are already likely putting in double time to setup new solutions.

Yeah, I'll just wait till Resetera opens or something? I just hope I'm not stuck in limbo after people leave here because I'm not on the discord channel

Also is Ombra a troll or something? I haven't been following too carefully, but I see a bunch of people getting heated over him posting

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah, I'll just wait till ******** opens or something? I just hope I'm not stuck in limbo after people leave here because I'm not on the discord channel

Also is Ombra a troll or something? I haven't been following too carefully, but I see a bunch of people getting heated over him posting
Yeah I’m worried about this too. Likely will have a hard time getting an account over there. I don’t have connections.

A lot of my favorite posters on this forum in this community. I hope to see those of you that are leaving on the board old nba-gaf started (think I'm finally going to start posting there) and the new one going up for Neogaf refugees.

Maybe he was referring townships/villages on the outskirts of Lagos like Akute/Alagado which are in Ogun state.

Hey Shadow! We both know people from Nigeria don't say that. I'm Nigerian/Yoruba and my family is from Ogun state. I lived in Sango Ota for three years (nobody says that that). You don't say a village outside of Lagos.

Lagos is a city
No Lagos is a state. I have family in Lagos.

BSherrod

Long time lurker, hate to see it end. If there's another avenue for the conservations we have then I'll be right there with y'all and more active.

everything was all good just a week ago

niggas feel theyselves...
Watch The Throne drop...
Niggas kill theyselves...

Prophetic Ye'.

Gaf-hop has a discord channel. I'm sure many of yall overlap but if not I'll keep yall posted about era.

Can't leave yall boys out. Specially MTHanded. You were in the TLOP threads.

Watch The Throne drop...

Prophetic Ye'.

Gaf-hop has a discord channel. I'm sure many of yall overlap but if not I'll keep yall posted about era.

Bronx Man and FZZ in there or nah? Can’t post yet so I can’t see the peeps.

Watch The Throne drop...

Prophetic Ye'.

And I’m from the murder capital, where they murder for capital
Heard about at least 3 killings this afternoon
Lookin’ at the news like damn I was just with him after school,
No shop class but half the school got a tool,
And I could die any day type attitude
Plus his little brother got shot reppin’ his avenue
It’s time for us to stop and re-define black power
XX souls murdered in 148 hours

Top Bottom