• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blackening - Trailer - (Horror/Comedy)

bitbydeath

Absofuckinglutely not.

Anna-let-gross-hand-touch-her-face-sake-Scary-Movie-2.gif

Moneal

There will be no in-between on this one. It will either be great or complete trash. I could see some scary movie vibes in the trailer. If the comedy is funny and not for clapter, I think it could be close to as good as the first scary movie, possibly better.

DeafTourette

Older than air but younger than the foundations of the earth
This is based on a skit... They turned it into a whole movie LoL

Last edited:

jason10mm

No way the film has a good third act. I cant think of any way to end it that doesnt feel preachy. I feel like this film is shooting straight at Jordan Peele :p

Mohonky

Definitely scary movie vibes, I don't usually go for comedy horror but the tongue in cheek nature of that looked alright

ANDS

Thought gaf was racist. Now knows better, honorary gaffer 2022
Bruh this director's filmography

Right? Like is this really the kind of "diverse" comedy people want. . .comedy that just plays on tropes and not in a particularly good way.

This movie reminds me of all the hubbub over "Crazy Rich Asians" which got boffoo reviews. That movie fucking stunk. And it would have stunk if it had been transplanted in a Western setting.

Lasha

Right? Like is this really the kind of "diverse" comedy people want. . .comedy that just plays on tropes and not in a particularly good way.

This movie reminds me of all the hubbub over "Crazy Rich Asians" which got boffoo reviews. That movie fucking stunk. And it would have stunk if it had been transplanted in a Western setting.

Girl falls in love with humble guy who turns out to be royalty/rich succeeds all the time on the west. Crazy Rich Asians worked because the trope actually happens in Singapore.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Looks great, real pedigree with that creative team. It's like a mix of Scary Movie and Scream.

Top Bottom