• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 Clans |OT| Endgame

Aren117

What come with Year 1 Pass? AFAIK, the updates are free for everyone, but you can pay anyway or something?
Really interested in getting this, but not sure yet (loved TD1, but the new ESO expansion is just a few months away and I have so much content to do there yet)

Vacation is the secret :messenger_beaming:
You're just the man.
5pokszuzb00zph2w.gif

We should start making some great gains now that we have like 10 members!

Here's where my dude is at...
5vp2vpnc2d95myjl.jpg

What come with Year 1 Pass? AFAIK, the updates are free for everyone, but you can pay anyway or something?
Really interested in getting this, but not sure yet (loved TD1, but the new ESO expansion is just a few months away and I have so much content to do there yet)

Episodes are free, which is the main game DLC, as well as new specializations, game modes and so on.

Y1 pass gives you 7-day early access to that free content and immediate access to specializations (don't have to earn in-game.)

It also gives you 8 classified mission, which afaik are about D.C. before we get there.

Little unsure about this part, but there is also an extra daily bounty and something like VIP supply drops from the last game.

So what's there in this game for me if I'm not that interested in PvE or more specifically, PvE grinding/min-maxing gear (different tiers or something, right?)? I've been through a lifetime of MMOs and heavy PvE-based games and that isn't very interesting for me right now.

I would like to do PvP if Div 2 is actually going to be PvP-focused.

I understand that this isn't exactly the topic for my question but maybe someone could share their opinion on this.

So what's there in this game for me if I'm not that interested in PvE or more specifically, PvE grinding/min-maxing gear (different tiers or something, right?)? I've been through a lifetime of MMOs and heavy PvE-based games and that isn't very interesting for me right now.

I understand that this isn't exactly the topic for my question but maybe someone could share their opinion on this.

There’s The Dark Zone and also something called Conflict which is 4 v 4 PvP. I haven’t seen anyone talk about it yet

Well, most of the PvP is normalized, which minimizes grinding and eliminates min-maxing.

You can also earn gear in the team deathmatch mode, so you never have to play PvE outside the intro.

But you may be barking up the wrong tree because Division will always be more PvE focused than PvP.

dorkimoe

Excellent. You'll unlock Clans with the completion of the Grace Larson recruitment mission. They have a leaderboard in the hangout and I'm getting smoked by my brother...and everybody. lol. Tonight, I strike back!
I keep getting side tracked by side missions, need to unlock this clan thing still

Well, most of the PvP is normalized, which minimizes grinding and eliminates min-maxing.

You can also earn gear in the team deathmatch mode, so you never have to play PvE outside the intro.

But you may be barking up the wrong tree because Division will always be more PvE focused than PvP.

That is good to hear. I don't mind having to grind a certain amount of PvE as a requirement to access certain areas or features, just that I would probably hate the process since I don't enjoy doing PvE much nowadays.

I get what you mean on barking up the wrong tree, that's exactly what I'm kind of hoping to avoid. Integrating proper PvP into what seems like a largely PvE oriented game is always going to be a challenge. Even WoW back in its prime days couldn't get this right for a long time. And the issue always stems from the game being PvE oriented than PvP.

That is good to hear. I don't mind having to grind a certain amount of PvE as a requirement to access certain areas or features, just that I would probably hate the process since I don't enjoy doing PvE much nowadays.

I get what you mean on barking up the wrong tree, that's exactly what I'm kind of hoping to avoid. Integrating proper PvP into what seems like a largely PvE oriented game is always going to be a challenge. Even WoW back in its prime days couldn't get this right for a long time. And the issue always stems from the game being PvE oriented than PvP.

Fwiw, Massive has a separate developer overseeing the dedicated PvP.

It feels like I'm in a gosh damn carnival with over stimulation...the sidetracking is strong in this one. Look a caravan of enemies transporting goods on the right, a propaganda tower that needs dismantling on the left, and control point to to overtake straightahead...brah, hold my beer and hand me the M4

So can a non gaf member who is a close friend of a gaf member join the ps4 clan?

THe more the merrier at this stage probably as the numbers on PS4 are not great Ozymandias013 Ozymandias013 is a lieutenant now and can send invites as well as myself. I’ll promote tropofarmer as well so they can do the same. What’s your PSN and I’ll add you?

Duellist

THe more the merrier at this stage probably as the numbers on PS4 are not great Ozymandias013 Ozymandias013 is a lieutenant now and can send invites as well as myself. I’ll promote tropofarmer as well so they can do the same. What’s your PSN and I’ll add you?
Thanks man, I will let ya know. We started our own but waiting for the 2 others to unlock clans is taking too long.

Aren117

Episodes are free, which is the main game DLC, as well as new specializations, game modes and so on.

Y1 pass gives you 7-day early access to that free content and immediate access to specializations (don't have to earn in-game.)

It also gives you 8 classified mission, which afaik are about D.C. before we get there.

Little unsure about this part, but there is also an extra daily bounty and something like VIP supply drops from the last game.

Thank you! Ended getting the Standard Edition! I'm pumped to do some builds in this!

PS4 Clan is now up and running with at least 4 members. Damn the XP it’s asking you to get is seriously high. Kill 5250 true sons for one of the projects 😂, not sure I’ll have that much of a contribution towards all these. Can only play a few hours a day at a stretch.

I think the weekly timer runs out tonight, so get that XP in while you can!

Think PC hit 14 members last night and had a couple goals completed

I’m about to log in, I’ll check to see if you’ve made it in
Good job PC clan! :messenger_clapping::messenger_horns:

DivisionGAF Xbox clan is up to 12 members and we unlocked the clan vendor last night. Yay! I believe we are close to 1 or 2 goals, but I didn't expect to hit too many in the first week since it was divided between early access and standard. I think we can hit Clan Level 3 tonight?

New Vendor:
x70q427jw51io9z9.png

Well, it took burning the midnight oil, but Xbox DivisionGAF killed 5250 True Sons and got to lvl 3. Nice!

Thanks to InsaneMetal for being a beast this week. Respect!

On a side note I hit lvl 30. Sweet!
47lh97shr9hlm02r.png

is it too late to join the PC Clan?

Uplay: rcsandell

No. Not at all. But I'm at work and won't be home for a while. I can do it then.

But most in the clan are agents and can accept/send invites, so hopefully one of them sees this before that.

Verdanth

PS4 Clan is now up and running with at least 4 members. Damn the XP it’s asking you to get is seriously high. Kill 5250 true sons for one of the projects 😂, not sure I’ll have that much of a contribution towards all these. Can only play a few hours a day at a stretch.

I added a friend of mine to the clan, hope you dont mind. Next time you're online lets play together, we're both on similar levels 😁

Last edited:
Xbox DivisionGAF clan is up to Level 4 and we now have a Bounty Board. Hell yeah!
2089xumtuacpfct0.jpg

I've had a chance to play co-op with 3 of our Clan members. If anybody ever wants some help rolling through the levels and getting XP I'm down. MrMissleFart4k in the clan feed.

Make sure to post here if you want to join a GAF Clan. It adds XP you earn towards the ClanXP, so even if you just join and play solo you get access to cool unlocks like the Clan Vendor, Clan Bounty Board, and future upgrades!

Some misadventures in co-op today with clan member Platypus...
8u8e38g5wdvhyytr.jpg

begogse5fou1kgqz.jpg

wb1470wvdtwq9s9f.jpg

t4i2inz3o2fmi750.jpg

Last edited:

Ogbert

I’m keen to join the PC clan.

Live in London, so usually play from around 8pm GMT to around midnight.

I’m keen to join the PC clan.

Live in London, so usually play from around 8pm GMT to around midnight.

Post your UPlay U/N or request an invite in-game. Most PC users can accept/send invites. Hopefully, one of them will see it and get to it.

You can also PM me if you prefer. But that will take longer. I'll get to it as soon as I get home, but I'm EDT and already out the door.

Ogbert

Post your UPlay U/N or request an invite in-game. Most PC users can accept/send invites. Hopefully, one of them will see it and get to it.

You can also PM me if you prefer. But that will take longer. I'll get to it as soon as I get home, but I'm EDT and already out the door.

Thanks dude.

I’m not actually sure what my uplay name is. Will check after work!

Kagey K

Banned
Jeez some of you guys are putting in work for the Xbox club. I’m sitting at a lowly 8th for XP contributed, but I’m trying to help with the deconstruction and crafting materials projects.

Good show boys.

Mista

Banned
Then you can just search and join, I have it set it to open for now due to issues the game was having with clan invites.
Alright thank you. I don’t think it’s an issue, people might’ve set their ingame privacy to friends only and that results in not getting the invites

Top Bottom