• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

cormack12

This OT also had a hand from Verdanth Verdanth and TGO TGO - so give them a mention for the OT - gone up a day early because of the editions and I'm working tomorrow. The hype starts now!

3asFR6Y.gif

liDiEMR.png

PRqAyCf.jpg

• This map alternates between PvE and PvP locations - give it a second to change

3bNssp8.gif

5iPKKYd.png

3tYBTRk.png

PBPpbNU.png

jCUhmvz.png

bEQiXts.png

XrcXlKj.png

JPWgarK.png

OadvwtW.png

raids.jpg

activities.jpg

world%20tiers.jpg

crafting%20system.jpg

Exotic-vendor.jpg

Hnwsep6.png

e6HB7S8.gif

6GRYeM2.gif

02PEonq.gif

YyRUtSU.gif

WkfGqD6.gif

Will be ready to log in immediately when servers go live. Will have ample snacks and beverages on hand. Looking forward to contributing XP or whatever bonus to the GAF Clan on PC

This game is so expensive that there's no way I'm gonna buy it before the second season pass has been released. In any case, it's just a pretty big expansion of the first installment, anyway, with what appeared to be a non-coherent, at best very loose story line.

Isn’t the standard edition just 60 bucks liken most new AAA games?

I’m confused about the year 1 pass. It says the DLC is free... so what do you get with the pass, exactly?

Most content DLC is free. There are some exceptions like the 8 classified missions and whatever extra projects and bounties are.

The pass just gives you a week early access to free DLC. You also don't have to unlock the new specializations in game.

tc-the-division-2-year-1-pass-content.jpg

Will be ready to log in immediately when servers go live. Will have ample snacks and beverages on hand. Looking forward to contributing XP or whatever bonus to the GAF Clan on PC

I'd like to be up when the servers go live. But isn't that like midnight or 4am ET? :messenger_dizzy:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I was interested in the original. The Division, but I really wished that games like these were more like GaaS than a series that gets sequels.

It just feels dull to mass grind, just to start all over again. But I guess that's because I got the mindset of a MMO player who would hate to lose everything each time a new expansion came out.

Nice OT!

Gonna try to VPN it tomorrow afternoon to coincide with Australian release - here's hoping it works lol. I think I remember it going smoothly with D1.

This game is so expensive that there's no way I'm gonna buy it before the second season pass has been released. In any case, it's just a pretty big expansion of the first installment, anyway, with what appeared to be a non-coherent, at best very loose story line.

Awwww really now " it's just a pretty big expansion of the first installment" ...but it's ok, you won't be missed 😉

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Fantastic OT guys.
Now it's time to wait for my Gold Edition from Ubisoft

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Most content DLC is free. There are some exceptions like the 8 classified missions and whatever extra projects and bounties are.

The pass just gives you a week early access to free DLC. You also don't have to unlock the new specializations in game.

tc-the-division-2-year-1-pass-content.jpg
Got it! I will skip the year 1 pass for now. May pick it up later on if/when I feel sufficiently invested in the game.

See you PC folks on Friday!

Chittagong

Shit, I am afraid I will do a Destiny on this. Bought Destiny 1, didn’t have friends playing, stopped playing soon. Swore I wouldn’t get Destiny 2. Hype got to me, got Destiny 2. Didn’t have friends playing, stopped playing soon.

Now, I bought the original Division and dropped it, but I can’t remember why. Does this game require friends to be fun? The hype is getting to me.

voidenberg

Shit, I am afraid I will do a Destiny on this. Bought Destiny 1, didn’t have friends playing, stopped playing soon. Swore I wouldn’t get Destiny 2. Hype got to me, got Destiny 2. Didn’t have friends playing, stopped playing soon.

Now, I bought the original Division and dropped it, but I can’t remember why. Does this game require friends to be fun? The hype is getting to me.

Well, everything is more fun with friends. But unlike destiny all activities in the division 2, AFAIK, will have matchmaking.

I wish I had played through The Division because now the sequel is coming out and I probably won't have any clue as to what the story is referencing. The only thing I know it's apparently set 8 months after the first game. I don't want to spoil it, but at the same time I don't want to miss launch day. I am playing on PC - is playing with a controller worthwhile or should I continue playing with M&KB?

I wish I had played through The Division because now the sequel is coming out and I probably won't have any clue as to what the story is referencing. The only thing I know it's apparently set 8 months after the first game. I don't want to spoil it, but at the same time I don't want to miss launch day. I am playing on PC - is playing with a controller worthwhile or should I continue playing with M&KB?

Have to assume Division 2 story is going to spoil some if not a lot of the first story. I'm pretty sure one character in particular is going to be in Washington:

Aaron Keener

As for controller vs. KB/M... Division feels great with KB/M. It's what I prefer, but you'll probably be fine if you're more comfortable with a controller.

voidenberg

Story? Division 1 had a story? I can't remember.

I'll try to use a controller but recoil is unbearable with it. I tried using the mouse and the difference is night and day.

Looking forward to the downgrade videos.

Huh... We already know how the game looks. We had two betas already.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the downgrade videos.
Nah, they didn't lie in the reveal or any other video for this game. :)

OT: I'm feeling SMGs will be almost useless in the game at least for PvE, unless you spec a lot into improving their range (not sure how much of that will be possible). In CQC for PvP they might be viable though, especially for underground areas for example, but I can see sniper rifles and ARs reigning king again.

angelic

Banned
Nah, they didn't lie in the reveal or any other video for this game. :)

OT: I'm feeling SMGs will be almost useless in the game at least for PvE, unless you spec a lot into improving their range (not sure how much of that will be possible). In CQC for PvP they might be viable though, especially for underground areas for example, but I can see sniper rifles and ARs reigning king again.

Damn, fallout and anthem have spoiled me on controversy.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yes! Division 1 has an intricate story, but it definitely rewards the player watching the echos, listening to the phone recording, paying attention to the lost agents and so forth.

Anyone interested in the lore should check out NGN Gaming's videos like Division in 11 minutes or from NY to D.C. If you like those, he as a bunch of lore videos.
Wow, I watched those two videos and I had no idea about the story. I paid no attention to it when I played, but now I wish I had.

So hyped for this game. Dont really have friends who play so thinking about joining. US only or a mix?

I think any and all are welcome.

It’s cool because people who wanna group up can, and people who want to solo can play solo and still get clan rewards. Best of both worlds

Historically I'm not great with a sniper rifle, so I think I'll go with the Demolitionist specialization the first time. I am good at being patient and sneaking, so Survivalist would be my 2nd choice.

On Xbox store it says the early access is March 11th at 10pm PST, but on Ubi's graphic it says midnight(local time). I'll go with what the storefront says since Ubi was a day off with their beta ending and somebody there is(understandably) confused about different time zones.

Last edited:
I mostly played demolitionist in the beta, but after seeing the perks, he may be the class I'm least interested in.

I may go survivalist for the bonuses to ARs and shotguns plus the medkit perk and healing seeker mine.

Sharpshooter is intriguing as well since his headshot bonus applies to all weapons and he gets seemingly big bonuses to recoil and reload on all weapons.

I'm leaning survivalist, but I play KB/M where recoil is not a big factor. If I was on console, I'd be leaning sharpshooter.

I'm leaning survivalist, but I play KB/M where recoil is not a big factor. If I was on console, I'd be leaning sharpshooter.
I didn't play the end game builds so I didn't spoil anything. Headshot bonus on all weapons does sound good. I played a little on PC too(Ryzen 1600/GTX 1060) and the 60fps and accuracy of KB/M was amazing. Alas, I'm playing this game socially with my brother(he has X and I have S). I'll probably buy the PC version on sale down the road.

whyman

I didn't play the end game builds so I didn't spoil anything. Headshot bonus on all weapons does sound good. I played a little on PC too(Ryzen 1600/GTX 1060) and the 60fps and accuracy of KB/M was amazing. Alas, I'm playing this game socially with my brother(he has X and I have S). I'll probably buy the PC version on sale down the road.

I have a similar setup but had real problems holding 40 (60 impossible) on highest settings. What settings did you use?

Top Bottom