• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

I feel like shit today holy shit. I wanna play but I'm so bad. The flu got me pretty bad. :(

Jesus, it seems no one is playing the XBone version. In the first game on PS4 I literally got a full group via matchmaking in less than a minute. Yesterday I waited for 10 minutes and NO ONE appeared. Not even an invite. That's really sad.
I hope you feel better soon. Play with me and Platypus, and my bro and his family are back from vacation today, so we'll have 4 people. I'm going to buy my sons a copy soon, I'm hoping we can get a solid core of 8 people to do the raids together when they come.

I was about lvl 20 when I went back with my lvl 3 friend and helped him get to 30 before I did the Strongholds. It took 4 days to get him to 30 and then for the past 2 nights we've been doing Strongholds and bounties. We're WT2 now, I believe. Unlocked Specializations and enjoying the skill tree, modding gear, and really honing in on how this build will play. Having so much fun. Playing co-op gives you more confidence to improvise and expand your game.

I hope you feel better soon. Play with me and Platypus, and my bro and his family are back from vacation today, so we'll have 4 people. I'm going to buy my sons a copy soon, I'm hoping we can get a solid core of 8 people to do the raids together when they come.

I was about lvl 20 when I went back with my lvl 3 friend and helped him get to 30 before I did the Strongholds. It took 4 days to get him to 30 and then for the past 2 nights we've been doing Strongholds and bounties. We're WT2 now, I believe. Unlocked Specializations and enjoying the skill tree, modding gear, and really honing in on how this build will play. Having so much fun. Playing co-op gives you more confidence to improvise and expand your game.

That is awesome. :messenger_spock:

Thanks! You guys are so nice
and funny

I just entered WT3. We'll play together soon enough.

Verdanth

Exploring the map is so amazing. The level of detail is stunning. Just did both native and lincoln museum and holy shit.

Almost 40h clocked and it just feels so good. Im level 23 and still so much things to do. Loot shooter of the generation for me.

Last edited:

scalman

Yh those spice girls are some crazy ones for sure. But i guess i just accepted it why not women? Would be boring if it would be just men, look hoe much women are on your side patroling and stuff going with big guns on streets in shirts only and fighting those elites like its nothing, look at them and look at you in your fancy gear.. I mean they kick some ass or what?
9Am9KqC.jpg

some toy car
QahDrjr.jpg

all that money now worthless
dbVkEM8.jpg

learning some stuff
A2nVf9K.jpg

hows that happen?
xNqUr5K.jpg

Last edited:
So, there's more SHD tech available than you can spend right now.

I have all skills purchased plus a bugged quest with +5 SHD that I can't access and at least +2 SHD from hidden caches that I know about but haven't picked up.

I do have the ultimate edition, which saves you some points (stash space) but that doesn't account for 7+.

Last edited:

scalman

I mostly dont use skills except from ball bombs and very rarely healing drone thats its i dont care about those others rly. I like do stuff myself with my own hands and weapons or die trying, not putting turrets all over and spray chemical weapon all over , not my style.

Last edited:
I mostly dont use skills except from ball bombs and very rarely healing drone thats its i dont care about those others rly. I like do stuff myself with my own hands and weapons or die trying, not putting turrets all over and spray chemical weapon all over , not my style.

I'm not really a fan of the turrets and chem launcher as an offensive weapon either.

I usually use Chem Launcher->Reinforcer (which I think is the best heal in the game) and Hive->Reviver (which is essentially a free life.)

Hive->Reviver doesn't work in the DZ, so I'm still trying to figure out what I like there.

Offensive skills need a little rework, imo. I was a big skills guys in Div1, pretty sure I hit the cap with my sticky bomb damage at the time I played the game.

Once Div2 it seems like heals are your best bet, even the max shield just gets shredded against endgame enemies on challengg or heroic difficulty. The special artillary turret you open with demo sucks, really disappointed me.

The flamethrower turret and the chem launcher that shoots gas you ignite are both somewhat helpful for the CC at high levels but that’s about it.

I think skill power needs an adjustment, overall, and that offensive skills need adjustments as well

The flame turret is what I've been trying out in DZ (for landmarks mostly, not people.)

Also, I can't use any of the mods. The skill power requirement is quite high and doesn't seem worth.

The one mod I am using (Hive cooldown) dropped for me around L15 lol.

The flame turret is what I've been trying out in DZ (for landmarks mostly, not people.)

Also, I can't use any of the mods. The skill power requirement is quite high and doesn't seem worth.

The one mod I am using (Hive cooldown) dropped for me around L15 lol.

Yeah.

I have to believe that aspect is straight up borked (SP requirements for mods) and not working as intended. I can’t imagine this is how it’s supposed to be especially when I sometimes get a High End lvl 450 mod that is only 3 percent damage and requires 8k skill power

scalman

Ohh boy i had some good assault rifles and on lvl 26 im still was using lvl22 mk16 and was kept dying on elites in streets and such but when i got my hands on proper lvl26 custom p416 g3 ohh man i just cut through those elites now like through butter what a joy again to fighting....
0oWARyj.jpg

That second rifle on sholder mk16 now useless compare to that p416

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
So, skill power has no effect on the power of heals? At least on the Chem Launcher? My Chem Launcher on my crit build with maybe 600 skill power heals the exact same speed as the Chem Launcher on my 5600 skill power build.

What the fuck is the point of skill power currently?

So, skill power has no effect on the power of heals? At least on the Chem Launcher? My Chem Launcher on my crit build with maybe 600 skill power heals the exact same speed as the Chem Launcher on my 5600 skill power build.

What the fuck is the point of skill power currently?

I think the way it works is that you have to equip a mod that boosts healing. But "all" of the 450 mods for skills seem to need more than 5600, so...

voidenberg

I'm not one to complain about bullet sponginess but i was so used to how the game handled enemy HP up until tier 3 that i'm somewhat annoyed in tier 4.
Enemies will casually walk past you and shoot you in the back while being shot with hundreds of bullets. And they don't have armor pieces to be broken like the big guys.
I accidentally turned a control point to level 4 and holy shit. That's impossible.

I admit though, i don't have an optimal build. Hell, i don't have a build at all.

I personally just think skill power and modifiers/perks for skills are flat out slightly borked right now, honestly. I think somethings wrong with how the game is handling these aspects. I’d be shocked if there’s not something in the next patch notes about this

Edit

Example:

My assault turret does the same damage no matter what. I’ve tested all morning, with mods, without mods, with 4K SP, with zero SP, always does the same damage:

The skill description shows the damage it’s supposed to do, and that changes with the gear/mods, but the actual damage doesn’t go up in use

Last edited:
Level 4 is tough. I'm not even sure we really have the gear for it yet, and it's really not worth it afaik since you get the blueprint at 3.

Meccs

There is something fundamentally wrong with the mission design on WT4 on higher difficulties. You have relatively small areas that were perfectly designed for story missions but now it drops in 5 or more elite enemies plus a bunch of veteran and standard enemies that immediately start to rush the whole team. Problem is, there is nowhere to go for you and there is no chance you will take them down that quickly.
Worse even. The enemies will chase you back out of that location and will all bunch up at some point. This can even happen at a respawn location where you will respawn right in the middle of all the enemies. This gets even worse if the area is sealed off. This isn't a fun experience in my opinion. We ended up cheesing the daily challenging mission from the respawn location because the enemies couldn't get up there. This was a team at level ~430 to 450. It took forever and wasn't fun. There is no way I am doing that again.

The damage from skills is also pretty bad at this level, I rather take two support skills.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get back into the metro station after having completed the side mission?

Gate is locked for me. Trying to get the relic that is down there.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the mission design on WT4 on higher difficulties. You have relatively small areas that were perfectly designed for story missions but now it drops in 5 or more elite enemies plus a bunch of veteran and standard enemies that immediately start to rush the whole team. Problem is, there is nowhere to go for you and there is no chance you will take them down that quickly.
Worse even. The enemies will chase you back out of that location and will all bunch up at some point. This can even happen at a respawn location where you will respawn right in the middle of all the enemies. This gets even worse if the area is sealed off. This isn't a fun experience in my opinion. We ended up cheesing the daily challenging mission from the respawn location because the enemies couldn't get up there. This was a team at level ~430 to 450. It took forever and wasn't fun. There is no way I am doing that again.

The damage from skills is also pretty bad at this level, I rather take two support skills.

Challenging missions feel a lot better when you're geared for a particular build. If the team was 430-450, I'm guessing most weren't.

It makes a huge difference in challenging when everyone has +damage to elites and their weapon of choice. Agree about the skills, though.

waylo

Banned
My buddy and I two-manned a level 4 WT4 control point and it was challenging but nothing too bad. I then tried to solo one and I wanted to smash my monitor. Took me like 45 minutes, but I eventually got it done.

Well I find it frustrating but also funny as hell,I mean I emptied my entire magazines of a LMG ,no bullets left,and that guy still did't die,it was one of those with the hammer, and he was coming after us,and all of us were running like hell,all the other elites were coming out too,man it was intense and annoying at the same time,but in the end we did it,and it was a bounty on heroic difficulty. And yeah its frustrating when you have so much health and shield and when you do one of those challenges ,you shoot them and they just walk towards you and kill you like you're nothing,I spent an hours on a challenge,but I was laughing the entire time how we were killed,and all of us were 450,451,453

Last edited:

demented

Am I wrong in waiting a bit to see how the game turns out after few updates, dlc and so? I bought division waay late, 15$ for complete package and I enjoyed it thouroughly. I'm not big on grinding but I loved the setting and just did all the missions etc but never bothered with the gear grind and so. I know that is a big part of the game and that's why I'm on the fence. I tried the beta and it felt more of the same just different enviroment (one I like less, NYC <3), I'd play it but not for full price so I figured I'll wait, I'm very patient gamer too so no rush. Haven't tried pvp and darkzone tho so if they improved that and now's the best time to play it that's different, but on the other hand divison 1 had ok player base until recently too, probably now too.

D demented

DLC is free this time around, and the game is off to an amazing start.

But if you plan to play through the story just once, then I guess you're better off waiting.

It's probably worth mentioning that it is a little tougher to avoid the loot grind entirely if you want to do all the invaded content.

The invaded missions and strongholds are locked behind world tiers.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Going up the tiers is pretty easy. Play a few hours doing whatever you like in the game will get you to the gear level you need for the mission+stronghold.

MastAndo

Am I wrong in waiting a bit to see how the game turns out after few updates, dlc and so? I bought division waay late, 15$ for complete package and I enjoyed it thouroughly. I'm not big on grinding but I loved the setting and just did all the missions etc but never bothered with the gear grind and so. I know that is a big part of the game and that's why I'm on the fence. I tried the beta and it felt more of the same just different enviroment (one I like less, NYC <3), I'd play it but not for full price so I figured I'll wait, I'm very patient gamer too so no rush. Haven't tried pvp and darkzone tho so if they improved that and now's the best time to play it that's different, but on the other hand divison 1 had ok player base until recently too, probably now too.
Not wrong, but unless it's a financial/lack of time thing, there's really no reason to. The game is in great shape right now, and one of the points of praise across most positive reviews is how astonishingly content-packed and polished it is out of the box - a rarity in the genre.

Also, I feel you on the NYC thing (being a native NY-er myself), but DC certainly does grow on you. They did a terrific job with the environments. Lastly, I know the game does involve grind, but 30 hours in, and am not even close to the point where I might feel I'm doing the same things over and over for better loot. It doesn't feel "grindy" or at least not yet, though I'm a casual player - others who have "no-lifed" it from launch may feel differently.

Meccs

So the max stuff you can craft is 250-275? Seems a bit low. I can't upgrade it further and I am in WT4...

So the max stuff you can craft is 250-275? Seems a bit low. I can't upgrade it further and I am in WT4...

No. You can craft higher, but you have to upgrade your crafting bench.

PSA: You may not want to. The big thing to craft right now is weapon mods. They aren't better with a higher crafting table, but they are more expensive to make.

scalman

Indeed weapon mods you need them as soon as you can get because you will have them later on all levels on all weapons and they not counted as in d1 was. So you can put mods on as many weapons as you want. And then sell them with mods as its doesnt matter.

Woo-Fu

Banned
My buddy and I two-manned a level 4 WT4 control point and it was challenging but nothing too bad. I then tried to solo one and I wanted to smash my monitor. Took me like 45 minutes, but I eventually got it done.

They laser you at level 4 cp. With another player the one not being focused can safely shoot. Same thing I used reinforcements for at lower tiers but they don't last at all on a level 4.

I've been doing level 3s for a couple days now, trying to get a 7.62 extended mag for my rifle.

I've also started prioritizing armor as the most important stat(as a solo player). If I still have armor I can fight, if I don't and I'm not in cover I'm dead. No matter what amount of HP I have i die practically instantly if I'm caught out of cover and run out of armor, doesn't matter how much HP. I guess it is the same if you're one of the enemy, lol.

Last edited:

Meccs

Anyone know how to get back into the metro station after having completed the side mission?

Gate is locked for me. Trying to get the relic that is down there.

Challenging missions feel a lot better when you're geared for a particular build. If the team was 430-450, I'm guessing most weren't.

It makes a huge difference in challenging when everyone has +damage to elites and their weapon of choice. Agree about the skills, though.
I just did a few bounties on heroic and those aren't a problem. It's the missions that force you into a room you can not get out of anymore until the fight is over. Those tend do be a clusterfuck where you might end up cheesing the fight because there is nowhere to go. Those heroic bounties where great fun though! Did it with a team of randoms and all knew what they were doing.
No. You can craft higher, but you have to upgrade your crafting bench.

PSA: You may not want to. The big thing to craft right now is weapon mods. They aren't better with a higher crafting table, but they are more expensive to make.
I can't though. Might be a bug...

Last edited:
I just watched the Angry Joe review that popped up a couple hours ago, they confirm in it that skill power is broken right now. Not broken in the OP way, broken like it’s not scaling abilities and whatnot

They also show the all damage builds that apparently can melt any boss almost instantly, which I didn’t know existed. Kinda wish I had gone for that lol

I just watched the Angry Joe review that popped up a couple hours ago, they confirm in it that skill power is broken right now. Not broken in the OP way, broken like it’s not scaling abilities and whatnot

They also show the all damage builds that apparently can melt any boss almost instantly, which I didn’t know existed. Kinda wish I had gone for that lol

Has Massive recognized this as a bug? I feel like they may be making an assumption based on how the first game worked.

I think rather than direct scaling it unlocks mods that then boost the various characteristics of the skill.

Also, I feel like they completely missed what was going on with the invaded missions and actually called it a bug? :messenger_dizzy:

Last edited:
Lol. Angry Joe is getting blasted on other sites for this review.

Massive has confirmed that skill power IS working as intended.

They have also confirmed as we suspected that the current requirements are too high and will be adjusted.

bati

I finally got around to organising my gear and ended up with a full offensive set that's at ~40% crit hit chance (stat page), 60% crit hit dmg, 85% elite damage, ~20% AR damage and ~25% rifle damage, so my two main weapons. Paired with Berserker talent I'm melting pretty much everything that steps in front of me. It's funny how much faster elites die compared to purple enemies lol.

I also like that some of the stronger talents like Perseverance, Strained or Clutch have a max cap of red attributes so you can't go full offence like I did and still use them.

All in all it's a pretty cool system for loot hunting, especially since the core gameplay is ace. I legit had fun soloing level 3 alerts on WT4 just now, at no point did I feel pressured by the enemy which was the case these last two days before I had a look at tons of loot in my stash.

Also Sharpshooter is TOO good. Not only do you get stability, you also get reload speed. It will be hard switching away from it when I max it out.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Anyone having issues with stuttering and lag on the PS4 Pro version? It had been fine through the first week, but last night playing solo and tonight in co-op it became a sluggish mess after a few hours - basically unplayably bad, and each of us was experiencing it. It's almost like a memory leak on console.

EDIT: Searched a bit, and apparently it's an issue others are having. As a workaround, a console restart clears it up for a while.

Last edited:

peter42O

Haven't watched it yet but Skill Up has a 52 minute review which im sure is very in depth and is said to be mostly positive. Will be watching it tomorrow.

Meccs

It's finally time to move on to a different game. After 50 hours the stuff that is left isn't really for me. Grinding materials and blueprints etc. is too boring and there is too much else to play, like Sekiro. I'll come back when they'll release WT5 (probably). It was a fun ride but I can never get much out of the endgame in those games.

Why isn’t damage/healing going up with my skill power? It’s supposed to be strictly mod based only?

Yes. Damage, healing and so on do not scale with skill power. They are affected by how you mod the skill.

I actually do not mind this in theory. Massive seems to have done a good of making the math more obvious in the game.

Top Bottom