• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S4 |OT| Think Fast

Edit 2: Also saw the latest crossover images.... Interesting. Wonder how they'll explain it.

How did Thinker have a camera feed of Kilgore when there weren't any electronics allowed near Kilgore and the whole room was shielded?

Shh...... No question. Only Speed Force.

Lol. Good point �� Edit: wait.... Briarios is right. There was ominous music when that one dude came and looked at Kilgore.

We've been lacking in the gifs department. Where my gif people's at?

Is the flash a comedy show now? It's weird when they try to be serious then next scene jokes.

Let's see if it does that all season.

It felt a bit forced compared to the first season. Seemed more natural. They may be swinging too far in the other direction to make up for last season.

Dynomutt

When did the show take this corny comedy route. Intro with Barry making breakfast was corny and has been done to death. I thought this season was going to get back to basics.

No need to be self aware and "in". The Jon Snow thing was corny as well. Don't worry about Got they're good worry about you. Flash needs to get its shit together.

night814

"I've always been a big Flash fan since you appeared a few years ago" is really a terrible line. This episode was pretty pretty pretty bad.

Dereck

I didn't realize that all of the love interests of the main characters are beautiful black women.

What a time to be alive.

Anony

it makes 0 sense that the villian could have controlled the suit up to moving the limbs
everything is ironman nowaday

Siegcram

Working with him by.. installing a camera so he can see the cell? Weird.

What kind of fetish does Thinker have that he needs to see the inside of some prison cell?
Thinker is looking for the new batch of monster of the week metas, camera confirms where hacker guy is. His assistant says as much.

Presumably all of the metas are supposed to end up in the prison for the Thinker's overarching scheme.

I didn't realize that all of the love interests of the main characters are beautiful black women.

What a time to be alive.

Besides Barry and Joe, who am I missing?

Episode was alright, some fun moments but nothing really eventful. Barry stopping the grenade was cool and Gypsy in that dress.

KonradLaw

So Barry can run to Jitters and back during the time it takes pancake to fall or dissasemble an entire car in few seconds but can't outrun a flying robot samurai :] And he can watch shows at 1000X rate, but can't spend 3 seconds it would take him to read the manual?
And I get it that the dude controlled the suit, but how the hell did the villain somehow activate superspeed through the suit?

Nice shootout to Arrow with that newspaper though :) and the therapy session was hilarious

Xenoboy

This episode was really fun, I'm liking this new direction. Killg%re was a fun baddie too, but isn't he supposed to be a machine? lol

nOoblet16

I am not enjoying this show anymore. The Iris-Barry family drama is just tired now and I'm usually quite bored. Atleast Legends knows what's up and doesn't bother with any of it despite being a CW show.

Billfisto

Thinker is looking for the new batch of monster of the week metas, camera confirms where hacker guy is. His assistant says as much.

Presumably all of the metas are supposed to end up in the prison for the Thinker's overarching scheme.

A camera that was either specifically installed or specifically not removed before the inmate who can control technology was moved into the cell.

Xenoboy

I am not enjoying this show anymore. The Iris-Barry family drama is just tired now and I'm usually quite bored. Atleast Legends knows what's up and doesn't bother with any of it despite being a CW show.

You mean like the drama between Nate and Amaya?

Johndoey

Banned
So Barry can run to Jitters and back during the time it takes pancake to fall or dissasemble an entire car in few seconds but can't outrun a flying robot samurai :] And he can watch shows at 1000X rate, but can't spend 3 seconds it would take him to read the manual?
And I get it that the dude controlled the suit, but how the hell did the villain somehow activate superspeed through the suit?

Nice shootout to Arrow with that newspaper though :) and the therapy session was hilarious
Barry's biggest issue isn't that he's lazy it's that he's inconsistently lazy.

Xenoboy

My head canon in regards to flying enemies, Barry has to run slower, since he usually can't reach them and he can't go too fast or he'll lose track of them. Has Barry jumped very high before?

ZeroX03

#4.03 “Luck Be a Lady” Trailer
A.V. Club: B

Watched the episode. It was cool they went for some more obscure Wally era characters like KILG%RE (one of his first villains no less) and the Warden but man they sure nerfed KILG%RE hard. He could be a mechanical terror but here’s just a computer nerd. Also Warden Wolfe is an asshole, which the episode teases.

The Thinker has eight villains of the week at his disposal! Wow! That’s like two more than Savitar!

The show is trying to over correct from the dark tone criticisms by going slapstick comedy. Trying too hard.

Barry was self centered and Iris was self conscious. Don’t recall that being a past thing. Apparently she’s lying to all these family and friends like Singh and uhhhhhh

Episode #6 is called “When Harry Met Harry” so go figure on that one!

Have you guys seen the set photos from the crossover? Spoilerspoilerspoiler

I just want to be clear:
this isn’t me. I am regular old Reverse Flash. I’m not Nazi Reverse Flash. Some would say I’m the Reverse.

Slayven

So the Thinker wants a guy that is an organic computer virus, and guy with accelerated mental processes.

Who can't see where this is going?

I feel like I'm slowly growing tired of this show, and getting more interested in Legends of Tomorrow (at least while Shield is on hiatus). Last night's episode was OK, but I don't feel like I really missed much of anything if I didn't tune in.

nOoblet16

They couldn't make Wally look more useless even if they tried.
A speedster with advanced recovery and superhuman speed capable of dodging things gets knocked out for the entire fight by a stupid discount iron man gauntlet, while the other speedster is able to grab a bullet mid flight.

Someone above had the right idea, send him to Legends. Atleast he'll be useful there.

ShadyK54

Have you guys seen the set photos from the crossover? Spoilerspoilerspoiler

This spoiler..
Earth X hype
NFOkG38.gif

Re: Flash, I still need to make time to watch last nights episode. Was busy last night.

My head canon in regards to flying enemies, Barry has to run slower, since he usually can't reach them and he can't go too fast or he'll lose track of them. Has Barry jumped very high before?

Yup. This is similar to what I said not too long ago. Flying is something Barry cannot Speed Force away. He actually has to slow down when chasing flying enemies. It's especially true if a flying metahuman has a hostage.

Barry can jump. He's leapt from building to building before, I think.

Xenoboy

Iris is about to hit that peak Felicity status

The difference is that won't actually break up for insane reasons like in Arrow. Although it depends if you think that them breaking of their engagement in season 3 was a break up or something.

I gave this show a chance last season, I am glad that I wasn't wrong to stay away this season. Super horrified to find out that they still can't get shit straight.

That first season was magical. Lightning ina bottle. When at its worst, Smallville managed to find my attention for 10 seasons. Flash couldn't do it for two. Smh

Sober

I know that was a fragmentation grenade and Barry was cool having to grab all the shrapnel but wouldn't have there been a concussive blast from the explosion nonetheless?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I know that was a fragmentation grenade and Barry was cool having to grab all the shrapnel but wouldn't have there been a concussive blast from the explosion nonetheless?
Thought the exact same thing as it was happening. I actually was looking for things in the background to be knocked out or out of place like papers scattered on the windows shattered, but we got nothing. Sometimes man, they're getting a little too lazy with how they're writing these things.

Top Bottom