• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The full trailer for Aladdin just went up.

Vlaphor

Doesn't look good, but Jasmine is super hot.

I do miss the midriff, but I concur. I doubt we'll see this in the movie

HYw1IOG.gif

but here's hoping.

Looks ok. The genie still looks visually bad but Will Smiths take on the character doesn't seem that bad.

Honestly the worst one by far is Jafar. The actor is too young and his voice and delivery don't fit the character at all

Virtually word for word what I was going to post. Nobody was ever going to be able to pull off Williams's genie, so Smith's acting works as long as it's authentically him. Jafar lacks the gravitas of a Disney villain from that era.

I would also love for Gottfreid to reprise his role as Iago, but we all know that would never happen.

DadEggs

pretty disappointed tbh.

honestly, I dont know how that trailer changed peoples' minds.

casting is the number 1 offender. art direction/costume design is the number 2.

Last edited:
This trailer is a better representation of what the movie might be like. The previous one that introduced Will Smith as Genie seemed... off. I'll reserve judgment until I see the movie, unless someone related to the film starts telling potential moviegoers not to see the movie because of some arbitrary reason then I won't bother until I can stream it.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

This trailer is far better than any of the teasers. Looks fun for kids, possibly meh for adults.
I think Aladdin is fine, Jasmine looks and sounds good if it's her singing.
Jafar I would've preferred maybe Ben Kingsley and probably very unpopular but I think Jack Black could've done a good enough Genie, though obviously nobody is replacing Robin Williams.

Probably watch it when it's gone from the cinemas.

I do miss the midriff, but I concur. I doubt we'll see this in the movie

HYw1IOG.gif

but here's hoping.

Definitely hoping. Gotta have something for the fathers.

Last edited:
Uhm this looks like shit. At least CGI Smith is only in a few moments, but damn it looks so so bad.

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
It looks like they miscast Jafar. They needed those cheekbones and gaunt face, imo.

sub-buzz-18117-1501873567-2.jpg

Last edited:

Acerac

Banned
It's such a shame that these movies find it necessary to ape the cartoon versions instead of doing their own things. I guess that's how they earn them nostalgia dollars but it feels like a wasted opportunity given how large the lamp is that Will Smith has to fill.

I_D

It's a kids' movie. I'm not expecting great acting or anything other than a ton of quick-cuts and CGI at this point.

That soundtrack, though. Not a single one of those songs was in the same level as the originals. The vocalists were nowhere even close to hitting the high notes, in any of the songs.

Top Bottom