• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT|

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I'll throw one into the Mix. Heard this on Spotify yesterday, surprised the video doesn't have more views. The first half of the song is quiet but the second has black metal vocals. Maybe not a pure metal song.

Last edited:
If you're in to modern melodic death metal I would recommend this album from ex-Scar Symmetry vocalist Christian Älvestam. Lyrics are in Swedish.

I love Tomas Lindberg. And most of his bands. The first two Nightrage albums are phenomenal. Crowned in Terror also. Not to mention At the Gates. Here is one from one of his lesser known projects.

And here is one from Dissection. I can appreciate the art that happened to come from a very unpleasant human being. Early example of the Gothenberg sound from a total wackjob.

Duellist

Such a stellar power metal album. Probably my most listened to album of 2018.
Edit oops, did not realize I posted this on first page lol. Oh well worth it, so good i will post it on every page lol j/k

Last edited:

Duellist

I remember buying this album when I was like 14 based on the cover art work alone. Never heard of them and Man was I in for a treat. Started my love affair with European power metal. 30 years later and it's still in my top 10 favorite albums of all time.

Duellist

Man I love this stuff. Music will never be like this again. Imo. The whole metal scene back then. It was larger than life.

Last edited:

Duellist

Taken from the steller dark power metal album Modus Vivendi. Tad Morose's last great album with phenomenal vocalist Urban Breed. Such a shame he left. If you have not heard this and like your power metal on the heavier side with dark lyrics and cool themes then get this album.

My personal favorite from the album

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Need some recommendations for similar sounding bands to what I've been listening to lately. Got any suggestions for someone who likes Scar Symmetry, Disarmonia Mundi, Be'lakor, and Amon Amarth?

Top Bottom