• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT|

lock2k

Banned
I've been to a few

Megadeth
Queensryche
Deep Purple
Whitesnake
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Clawfinger
Therapy
Slayer
Kiss
Black Sabbath
Suicidal Tendencies
Skid Row
Paradise Lost
Pain of Salvation
Rammstein
Soulfly
Iron Maiden
Korn
Black Label Society
Disturbed
Fear Factory
Judas Priest
Dream Theater
And many more but those are the ones I recall now.

I've been to some lol
Iron Maiden 3 times
Metallica 2 times
Slayer
Judas priest 3 times
Heaven and hell(black sabbath with dio)
Megadeth 3 times
Wasp
Opeth
Behemoth 2 times
Amon Amarth
Sonata Arctica
Anthrax 2 times
Destruction
Testament 2 times
Dream theater
Black Sabbath
Lamb of God
Edguy
Annihilator
Queensryche
Steel Panther
Nevermore
Motley crue
Pantera
Goatwhore
The Iron Maidens
Skid Row
Sebastian Bach
Exodus
Striker

That's all i can remember. Probably forgot some. I've also seen a ton more lesser known bands too.

Edit: Suicidal Tendencies and Children of Bodom also
How was Megadeth the three times you saw them?

Duellist

How was Megadeth the three times you saw them?

They were pretty good, the last time however Dave's vocals were horrible. Probably the best I've seen them is when they were opening up for Heaven and Hell. Musically they are always on fire and tight as fuck it's just Dave's vocals that are suffering. I give him a pass though cause he's old lol

kingbean

They were pretty good, the last time however Dave's vocals were horrible. Probably the best I've seen them is when they were opening up for Heaven and Hell. Musically they are always on fire and tight as fuck it's just Dave's vocals that are suffering. I give him a pass though cause he's old lol

I saw them on their 20th anniversary of Rust In Peace and Dave's vocals were pretty solid. The guitarist that played Marty's parts was way way off.
Then saw them on the 1313 tour and the volume was so low that it was hard to enjoy the show, and Dave didn't sound great.
Then saw them opening for Iron Maiden and the mixing was so on point that it sounded really good.

I've seen Judas Priest 3 times and Rob still knocks it out of the park IMO.

But the best live band I've heard is Blind Guardian. They're nearly studio perfect.

Airola

I've just found this symphonic/technical death metal band called FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE and I've fallen in love with their stuff.

I rarely get into any modern bands AND i'm not that much into death metal, but man this group is fantastic!

This one shows the symphonic elements with brutal as all hell blastbeat death metal:

Here's a slower one, with a female co-vocalist:

And here's their newest single from their upcoming album:

This music video is one of the best I've ever seen. The concept is really interesting with the band existing inside a drug needle and it's executed flawlessly! Lots of layers to digest there. What an amazing anti-drug video and song. Actually pretty touching and encouraging stuff when you look at the lyrics.

Last edited:
I know Ive been going on about Arch Enemy but Ive had sort of a revival with them lately. After watching their new singer I went about to see Angela's performance and man I am just blown away with her. The looks in her eyes.......that scream. Its like she is unleashing the devil and ready to murder someone and I love it :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Duellist

The first song that got me into Megadeth and the first song that put me on this journey into Heavy Metal.

Ya that and this one got me into megadeth. Loved seeing the videos on MTV and much music. "What's this I wanna watch the news!" Kid turns it back " this is the news!" Lol

I do have to add that as much as I liked peace sells when Rust in Peace dropped that is when the shit hit the fan. I dont think that album left my player for a year lol.

Last edited:

Paasei

Just to link a few songs that are on my all-kind-of-metal playlist. There's just so much good metal music in all the "sub"-genres of it to link. This thread can go on forever.

Duellist

Opeth are a duality. They do heavy and they do clean. You can't separate or compare the two. They nail heavy, they nail clean. This is them nailing the clean.
Yes I know what Opeth are. I've listened to them for years all the way back to their first albums. They have however their last couple albums left the heavy and embraced the clean. Last album I really enjoyed by them was ghost reveries. To each their own though. Still good stuff.

Yes I know what Opeth are. I've listened to them for years all the way back to their first albums. They have however their last couple albums left the heavy and embraced the clean. Last album I really enjoyed by them was ghost reveries. To each their own though. Still good stuff.

I haven't enjoyed their last three albums. The only exceptions being Spring and maybe Wilde flowers.

Top Bottom